Server time (UTC): 2019-11-19, 08:53
Sign in to follow this  
Crimson_Tiger

Let's Talk

Let's talk  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love to talk. It's so much fun. So let's talk! 

There seems to be strife between players that prefer Hostile Role Play, (robbing people and raiding bases) and Camp Fire Role Play (Talking to people, building, and trading). 

The idea of coming together and talking things out between the two types of RPers has been brought up but no one has taken the initiative to discuss these things with each other. Instead it's argued in Forum Threads and Reports. I am going to offer the opportunity for us to see if we should bother trying or continue this childish squabble. I am likely going to get a lot of push back from people because I think some people will not see the point or think it's a waste of time. So before I start ANYTHING, I'd like to know from the community: should we have an event where players come together and discuss the issues relating to Camp Fire RPers having an issue with Hostile RPers and vice versa? Or is this a waste of time? 

Also, if there is a talk, I would like staff to be present. I do not care if staff takes over and sets the rules, etc. I just want this to happen and have people all together to talk. 

Personally, as a Camp Fire RPer, I'm willing to talk to Hostile RPers but unless it's the one report I made many months ago, none have approached me to talk to me. Likely because I do not have an issue with them personally. 

What do y'all think? Feel free to let me know.

PLEASE BE CIVIL AND POLITE

I really don't wanna be that person but this is the gazillionst thread posted about this "issue" that I believe isn't even an issue. I mean, just read up on the old ones if youre interested what people think?

People have come together in discord before to talk about things. During teamspeak times, this was mostly done in room 4. I don't see why this is needed, we all already know where everyone stands with their opinion around here.

You also can't label it as

Hostile RP'er
Campfire RP'er
Other

There's more than 2 styles of RP that should even be listed there. Way, way more.

Last time I spoke to a campfire roleplay group they were recording and everything I said they were trying to use against me, and this has happened more than once. So I rather not speak to certain people because of this. 

why for the love of god why, why do these threads keep coming up, nothing happens, labelling people is BS. JUST PLAY THE FUCKING GAME and stop bitching. AND YES I'LL TAKE THE POINTS FOR THIS POST. Coz quite frankly this is getting boring and becoming to political. Its not safe space RP, Remind me why I paid to get unbanned coz this place is getting out of hand 

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I really don't wanna be that person but this is the gazillionst thread posted about this "issue" that I believe isn't even an issue. I mean, just read up on the old ones if youre interested what people think?

People have come together in discord before to talk about things. During teamspeak times, this was mostly done in room 4. I don't see why this is needed, we all already know where everyone stands with their opinion around here.

You also can't label it as

Hostile RP'er
Campfire RP'er
Other

There's more than 2 styles of RP that should even be listed there. Way, way more.

Which is why I put "Other" and could you link me to a recording of this kind of discussion or these other threads? 

Personally I'm abit of both, I go through stages where I'm happy to campfire RP then I'm in a hostile stage (which I'm in now).

Overall I think I prefer hostile abit more simply because you get more out of it with each turn either leading you to a situation of PVP or being taken hostage for past actions. 

The real issue is too many want to fall into either bracket when they should be sitting between both. Getting bored of playing a survivor talking to others? Try a bandit group and make new friends to show you a new style to get into. Tired of being hostile? Join/make a group that is hero.

I recommend it as a staff member and a general community member to go out and do that. When I started I played a hero/survivor in my group. We then all decided to try something else and gave the other RP style a try and since then its just a massive improvement to how you see the server. 

Any new player should in my opinion join a group/ be allowed to join a group as it teaches them how the server plays out and what each rule is. Plus you don't end up jumping on the first day and spending 2 hours finding no one. With a group you all jump on, talk to eachother IC and OOC and enjoy the server.

Just now, Crimson_Tiger said:

Which is why I put "Other" and could you link me to a recording of this kind of discussion or these other threads? 

I wouldn't even label it other. This isn't a gender discussion, there's no such thing as "Male, Female, Other" In terms of RP style there is actually more than 2 genders if you catch my drift. I can't believe I just said there's more than 2 genders. You know what I mean!!

There is about 5000 threads where someone complained about the split of the community in terms of hostile and campfire rp, if you put something like "Hostile RP vs Campfire RP" In the search bar before posting the same thread, you'll most likely find some stuff there. 

I like hostile RP too(i dont do that myself though), but people just makes it so uninteresting and boring nowdays. Its the same shit everytime,

4 minutes ago, ne_om said:

why for the love of god why, why do these threads keep coming up, nothing happens, labelling people is BS. JUST PLAY THE FUCKING GAME and stop bitching. AND YES I'LL TAKE THE POINTS FOR THIS POST. Coz quite frankly this is getting boring and becoming to political. Its not safe space RP, Remind me why I paid to get unbanned coz this place is getting out of hand 

I agree with neom. Play the game 

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I wouldn't even label it other. This isn't a gender discussion, there's no such thing as "Male, Female, Other" In terms of RP style there is actually more than 2 genders if you catch my drift. I can't believe I just said there's more than 2 genders. You know what I mean!!

There is about 5000 threads where someone complained about the split of the community in terms of hostile and campfire rp, if you put something like "Hostile RP vs Campfire RP" In the search bar before posting the same thread, you'll most likely find some stuff there. 

LOL nice. I see what you mean. Just trying to help. 

Look, all I am saying is these threads have been repetitive 3 years ago as well. Nothing's gonna change. Stop labelling people. 🙂 

Appreciate the will to help, but these threads never accomplish anything and are usually a big target for flamebait

i used to try and put people into 'packages' of how they play but iv become round to how Kordruga and neom view it, although maybe not as harsh as neom put it. The best fun comes from just getting into the game and see what happens. The player can be a hostile, into pvp, sit around a campfire etc all in the same day.

Im now all for just seeing what happens on the day and not worry about it.

Ok closing this thread by request of the OP

/closing