S1 NVFL Near Solnichny Factories 00:42:56 9/11/2019

Server and location:  S1 Solnichny Factories

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):  9/11/2019 00:42:56

Your in game name:  Noah Russo

Names of allies involved:  @Jim Smokes @BlitzTech @Tormented @gamingfeva7

Name of suspect/s:  Unknown

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any):  None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

Detailed description of the events:  We were running the coast from Cherno to make our way to berenzino. As we get close to the factories, we see a man (One in video) We wave and start jogging to him, he turns around and sees us and immediatly bolts into the woods. Us being curious as to why he just ran away we took chase, after catching up to him through the woods (Where video Starts)  We start talking and he keeps acting very sketchy as we just wanted to know why he was in such a rush. When he kept being sketchy I decide to initiate where the following happens. In the video it is hard to see whos all around me but when I engage 3 of us have eyes on him and the other 2  were further behind trying to catch up (Position logs can show this) So 3 of us engaging on one guy with 5 of us being around and he decides to fight back where he clearly gets killed while taking 1 of us out.

Edited by Masonn
Rename title for proper location

POV:

We were running north and in the distance we saw a man down the road. Almost immediately after I assume he sees us he darts off the road and starts sprinting off into the woods. While giving chase I lose sight of him and some of our members see/lose him through the trees. After I hear @Masonnover the radio I try to find him and the person we are looking for. When I heard the initiation over the radio and the gun shots I'm 100 or 200 meters away and too far away to be of any help. From my understanding this man was running  away from us while trying to RP and that's all my point of view consists off outside of what I heard on the radio and heard from the gunshots

Edited by Jim Smokes

POV: We were from Cherno running north along the coast towards Berezino, as we made our way north we spotted a man on the road next to an industrial area and he booked it into the woods after seeing us. This sparked our curiosity so we ran after him and as he ran away we took chase into the woods. As we caught up to him I hear @Masonn start talking to him and trying to RP. The man kept backing up though, after so much time @Masonn tried to initiate on the man. He immediately raised his weapon and started shooting knowing he could see 3 of us and that we had 2 more close in the area coming for support, to which he gets killed and NVFL's.

Chad John POV - We were running north on the east coast. We arrived near Solnichny Factories when we spot a guy on the left side of the road by a bridge. He clearly see's us and takes off running towards the woods up the hill. Masonn orders the boys and I to take off after him. I trail behind from a decent distance due to the weight in my inventory. I pursued up the hill into a open field. I hear Masonn on the radio trying to talk to the man, a couple seconds later all I hear is gunfire. Masonn then says "He's dead" on the radio. 

Connection Logs:

Spoiler

21:31:13 | Player "Noah Russo" is connected
01:33:01 | Player "Noah Russo" has been disconnected
01:49:28 | Player "Noah Russo" is connected
- Currently Connected -

00:37:34 | Player "Shane Smith" is connected
- Dead -
00:47:24 | Player "Shane Smith" has been disconnected

21:33:40 | Player "Craig Harrison" is connected
- Dead -
00:43:09 | Player "Craig Harrison" has been disconnected

23:43:46 | Player "Waldo Winsmore" is connected
01:22:16 | Player "Waldo Winsmore" has been disconnected

Hit Logs:

Spoiler

00:42:54 | Player "Shane Smith" hit by Player "Craig Harrison" with FN-FAL from 21.0632 meters 
00:42:56 | Player "Shane Smith" hit by Player "Craig Harrison" with FN-FAL from 19.4162 meters 
00:42:56 | Player "Shane Smith" hit by Player "Craig Harrison" with FN-FAL from 19.4162 meters

00:42:56 | Player "Craig Harrison" hit by Player "Shane Smith" with AKM from 19.8052 meters

00:42:57 | Player "Shane Smith" hit by Player "Noah Russo" with FN-FAL from 19.8631 meters 
00:42:57 | Player "Shane Smith" hit by Player "Noah Russo" with FN-FAL from 19.8631 meters

00:43:03 | Player "Shane Smith" hit by Player "Waldo Winsmore" with FN SCAR-L from 0.99767 meters 
00:43:04 | Player "Shane Smith" hit by Player "Waldo Winsmore" with FN SCAR-L from 0.997707 meters 
00:43:04 | Player "Shane Smith" hit by Player "Waldo Winsmore" with FN SCAR-L from 0.997707 meters 

Kill Logs:

Spoiler

00:42:56 | Player "Shane Smith" (DEAD) killed by Player "Craig Harrison" with FN-FAL from 19.4162 meters 
00:42:56 | Player "Craig Harrison" (DEAD) killed by Player "Shane Smith" with AKM from 19.8052 meters 

Calling in the following people to post their Point of Views & any video evidence they may have:
@Masonn | Noah Russo | OP
@Snorf | Shane Smith | POSTED
@gamingfeva7 | Craig Harrison | POSTED
@BlitzTech | Waldo Winsmore | POSTED

@BlitzTech Already posted POV and has gotten off for the night. He didn't have any video evidence from what he told me and I will have Craig post his POV and video evidence when he gets back

I was running with the boys as we headed north along the coast. We see a guy in the road and he looks at us and immediately starts bolting for the trees. He looked sus so we went after him. I followed Noah when we ran up to him. After attempts from Noah trying to RP, the dude just kept walking backwards. After doing this for a minute, I hear Noah engage so I raise my gun. The dude then starts spraying at me so I shoot back when I get killed. I dont got any video evidence cause my PC is dogshit so I cant.

@Snorf will be temporarily banned from the server until they provide a statement

I was running to the new location of my group, I was about to reach the Solnichny Factory when the game crashed. When I log back in I see a bunch of people running down the road towards me with there guns out (Not included in video but i can upload it if i need to). I was worried that this maybe a bandit group, because most friendly people i have met keep there guns on their backs until they need them. In a split second judgement i decided that it is in my best interest not to go towards the people with there guns out. So i run into the woods of Solnichny Factory. They pursue me with there guns still out, which further confirmed my suspicions. I though i had made it away when one of them catches up to me, and two more of them join him (I saw people on the road,  i noted more than one but i wasn’t waiting around to count). They then keep following me as i back up along this field. IC I was afraid of running into anyone I did not know as I had just knocked out (killed) the two leaders of 503 the day before, and had received threats from the group.

When I was initiated i had Line of sight on two of them, and assumed that they were the only two that could see me. To my knowledge at the time there was only 3 of them. I thought i would be able to take the 2 initial fire before the 3rd would get a shot on me. My video, and the logs show this, I actual thought i got the first one, when i started to fire at the second. Obviously it didn’t work out this way, but to me  at the time, handing myself over to a group that was clearly hostile and the potential of having a bounty on my from the 503 it seemed like the best choice.

@Snorf your temp ban has been lifted. Please keep an eye on this report for further questions.

Verdict:

@Snorf - NVFL | GUILTY

Reason:

@Snorf

You found yourself in a hostile situation running away from three well-armed people for quite some time. Yet when they initiate you still decided to raise your weapon and shoot at them, knowing that the outcome would most probably result in your death. The numbers were not in your favor, but you still decided to fight back. You even state in your POV that you knew you were outnumbered. 

You say you thought there were only 2 of them, but you can see clearly in both videos that there are 3 people following you in a fairly tight formation. In this situation, what you could have done better is to comply and in turn have gotten some solid RP out of it. 

Yes, there might have been a bounty on your head, but fighting back when you're outnumbered and out positioned is not a good idea. We always want to advise our players to focus on the RP first, and in this instance, it seems like you were more worried about other things

- 3.2 Your character must behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in, keeping the current world situation and context of post-apocalyptic world in mind. Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival. For example, attempting to kill people when heavily outnumbered, excessively talking back or insulting someone when taken hostage, or knowingly running into an area of active hostile engagement when not involved in the fight. Characters found guilty of breaking this rule will be permanently marked as dead.

Outcome:

@Snorf - NVFL - 3 Days | 10 points | Character Permadeath (Shane Smith)

Signed: @Derek Steel @Hofer @Voodoo