Server time (UTC): 2019-11-22, 16:42 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Gaden

What are you tired of seeing most?

So here's something I've been wondering, what are you tired of seeing in DayZRP? In game related things!

I'm thinking more specifically character related, but feel free to add something else in here, I'm sure we all have some pet peeves.

Militaristic individuals? Hostile RP? The need to disinfect water bottles in fear of puking up both of your lungs? Hordes around the corner causing you the need to attend the Prometheus school of running away from things? 

Please let me know, I personally would like to improve myself for the better and be something that others would enjoy interacting with, and I'll admit that I tend to roam about with enough guns to arm a small army. 

For the record, when the next wipe occurs, I'm going to find a radio and carry it around so I can blast Rick Astley whilest hiking around Chernarus to create a giant congo line of people that will never give each other up. (Kidding. Mostly.)

Campfire rpers who literally sit inside their base all day in the middle of no where and do nothing but internal rp. 

I know it’ll never change but I’m still sick of seeing it. 

Edited by Wendigo

2 minutes ago, Wendigo said:

Campfire rpers who literally sit inside their base all day in the middle of no where and do nothing but internal rp. 

I know it’ll never change but I’m still sick of seeing it. 

I also think this isn't super awesome, I tried to get into one but everyone told me to kindly screw off or they would and I quote "Catch a case if law and order was still around"

It's nice for them yes, but for the rest of us looking for something and can't be included in that, it isn't super fun!

25 minutes ago, Kordruga said:

People who complain about having stale and uninteresting RP but sit in their bases all day doing nothing 

Amen 🙏

That and people who claim certain people's rp is cut and paste every single initiation. Happens too often in certain people's streams where they allow their chat to just ridicule others. That's what I'm tired of seeing, back-seat roleplaying 😄 

The copy paste hostile roleplay that immediately starts with "EVERYONEPUTYOURHANDSUPRIGHTNOW" and is only then followed by mediocre or decent RP. While the group I'm apart of does have hostile interactions from time to time, we always try to at least have a conversation or something of the sort first prior to an initiation. I had @Masonn tell me that all hostile RP would preferably have a buildup to the initiation drop, this creates role play for everyone as the tension builds. Basically if I don't get robbed in 10 seconds of meeting someone I feel like I wont be robbed.

Sometimes people run away from hostile RP so you almost have to drop an initiation without RP  so there are exceptions.I'm not quite perfect yet with consistently building this tension and coming to a 'boiling point' but I hope it is something myself and others can work on. 

Edited by Jim Smokes

Constant lore wipes in hopes of refreshing RP. 

Daily chat RP such as "Hi, thirsty, hungry?" "Humans?" "Trade?" "Okay have a good day." Lets get some good story going.

Bases. I personally think base building should be limited to groups of a certain size. People who can establish a settlement that is required OOC to be open to the public until an individual or individuals loses good standing with said group. Group could have a personal secure stash as well WITHIN the settlement. Just too many bases and stashes lagging up the server or causing people to hide away in corners. Which leads me to my next pet peeve.

Campfire RPer's hiding in corners. Campfire RP all you want. Chit chat, get some wholesome story going but do it outside the walls of your box.

The stalling right before someone initiates on you where they take an unnatural interest in you and/or act unnaturally nice, making it painstakingly obvious what they are about to do.

29 minutes ago, Harvey said:

The stalling right before someone initiates on you where they take an unnatural interest in you and/or act unnaturally nice, making it painstakingly obvious what they are about to do.

Oh god I've experienced this.

""Oh hey, you got duct tape by any chance?"

"No sorry I don't"

"You got batteries? I'm scared of the dark."

"No sorry, gotta go now"

"Hey man, you have any water? I'm dying of thirst."

"Dude there's literally a well right next to you..."

"Oh, hum, heh... PUT YOUR HANDS UP DROP WEAPONS DO THE HOKEY POKEY AND SHAKE IT ALL AROUND!!!!"

Edited by OldSchool

Where to start? 

Section 1:

1. Large groups of PvPers that only like to do Hostile RP and think "it's still RP" and don't bother trying anything else.
  2. Hostile RPers complain when Camp Fire RPers don't want to just comply but run.
  3. Hostile RPers trying to change the rules to make Hostile RP better for them.
  4. Hostile RPers wanting to make everyone do their way of RP.
  5. Hostile RPers with characters who are just straight up ass-holes because... reasons. (Not all but a few and they who they are)
  6. Hostile RPers that give you outlandish dumb demands to find a reason to kill you. 
  7. Hostile RPers that rob you because they think that's all Hostile RP is. Even though they have better gear than you do. (Get creative guys)
  8. Hostile RPers that horde everything!

Section 2:

1. Camp Fire RPers that horde everything! 
  2. Camp Fire RPers that threaten rule 2.3 reports.
  3. Camp Fire RPers that build super bases and don't come out and play.
  4. Camp Fire RPers that shit talk behind walls and radios and Discord and Forums.
  5. Camp Fire RPers that block off buildings and cities in popular areas.
  6. Camp Fire RPers that hate offline raiding. 
  7. Camp Fire RPers that are super pacifists despite a shoot out going on around their heads then complain when they get killed.
  8. Camp Fire RPers that carry an arsenal of weapons. (Really?) 

Section 3:

1. Players un-accepting of losing and instead go to Report Wars. (I've been in the middle of one of these)
  2. Players that are generic bad guys with no character.
  3. Base sieges that have no communication or even offering terms of surrender. Just hopping over to force the defenders to initiate and not even taking prisoners, just KILL KILL KILL! 
  4. Characters that are jerks and bait you into a fight to find a reason to kill you.Natives that hate foreigners because... reasons.
  5. People that hate the UN and NATO for... reasons.
  6. People who get executed or killed but still hold grudges and OOC hatred. (Despite that New Life Rule should have ended that IC grudge and hatred because YOU DIED)
  7. Groups that hate other groups because... reasons. (When I was in The Quarantined, we had new groups declare us enemies because of an old grudge that they should have forgotten or was so damn long ago that it doesn't matter or because an ally told them to and yet they have NEVER communicated or interacted with us) 

Section 4:

1. Lack of Perma-Deaths from multiple executions.
  2. Lack of New Life Rule enforcement from staff.
  3. Lack of Hero Groups.
  4. Lack of Trade. 
  5. Lack of faction wars between large groups.
  6. Lack of these large groups going out to recruit people peacefully or forcefully IN CHARACTER (Seriously would love to have a group try and recruit people for an upcoming war or force them into servitude or something)
  7. Lack of PRISONS and jailing people instead they are released or executed.
  8. Lack of civilians. (cause everyone is former military these days) 
  9. Too many "military" people around.
  10. Lack of civilian weapons.

Come on guys, I made a list in Suggestions: 

AND ABOVE ALL... 

LACK OF LONG TERM STORY RP!
Wow that felt so GOOD! 

I know I'll get a lot of flack for this but meh, I'm being honest. I'm a Camp Fire RPer and even I'm tired of their RP. This is all my opinion and from my experiences. Y'all might be different or might not see most of these as an issue. And that's ok! I'm glad you're having a great time. I still love it here. I just like being honest and open with my thoughts. 

I love this server and that's why I'm sharing how I feel. 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

1. People shit talking on radios or ingame. Then when they get raided or shot and find out there are consequences to there actions they cry 2.3.

2. Groups that piggy pack other groups then act big. But cant defend themselves.

3. When someone makes salt filled replys on gp that have nothing to do with the groups or there roleplay.

4. People who sit around all day doing nothing but seeming to bitch about groups/people they have never met because they are to hostile

5. Gear hoarding you dont need 10spare ak/m4 in your tents for your 5 man group. And also complain about spawn rates cause they want 15 not 10 spare guns.

6. People who only get on the server to pvp. Not people who can pvp but people who sit inactive  in a group and only get on when they are getting raided or in a situation that will lead to a gunfight.

Edited by lunathecat

3 minutes ago, lunathecat said:

6. People who only get on the server to pvp. Not people who can pvp but people who sit inactive  in a group and only get on when they are getting raided or in a situation that will lead to a gunfight.

YES YES YES! I've seen that too many times and it's annoys the crap out of me! 

POINT 3 OMG FACTS

3 hours ago, Major said:

I'll make a list.

1. People who chat shit on the radio then cry wolf and 2.3 report when they get their comeuppance. 

2. People who sit inside their base all day long and put up endless threads about making offline raiding verboten.

3. Stupid Chernarussian nationalist characters that make no sense whatsoever and are literally inch deep "muh foreigners bad" and "slava charnarus" with no actual character underneath, that goes for cringe Chedaki and commies too.

4. Large capable groups that make mega alliances group after group and just roll around and smack people. We have all done that at some point.

5. These specifically that same set of pictures 

6. People not using the search function. We have run out of spoons as a friend of mine would say.

1 Characters who have "lived in Chernarus" their whole life or for long enough to know some kind of history of the area but having 0 clue about anything related to the lore of SZ. IE: People who moved here to "help in the civil war" and don't know who actually fought in it.

2.3 People who make characters but don't fact check the lore or anything IRL. 

3 Whitenames when they make a character without reading lore then acting like the infection just started and zombies are a new thing.

4 People who make military characters but don't fact check. IE: "I am a Marine who went to basic training in New York City and my current rank is a Senior Airman and I led my fleet of 200 men".

5 (I agree with @Major) Nationalist/Extremist characters who don't really understand why they have those beliefs or dislike a certain group of people but are just about "killing foreigners and slava my country".

1 hour ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

Where to start? 

Section 1:

1. Large groups of PvPers that only like to do Hostile RP and think "it's still RP" and don't bother trying anything else.
  2. Hostile RPers complain when Camp Fire RPers don't want to just comply but run.
  3. Hostile RPers trying to change the rules to make Hostile RP better for them.
  4. Hostile RPers wanting to make everyone do their way of RP.
  5. Hostile RPers with characters who are just straight up ass-holes because... reasons. (Not all but a few and they who they are)
  6. Hostile RPers that give you outlandish dumb demands to find a reason to kill you. 
  7. Hostile RPers that rob you because they think that's all Hostile RP is. Even though they have better gear than you do. (Get creative guys)
  8. Hostile RPers that horde everything!

Section 2:

1. Camp Fire RPers that horde everything! 
  2. Camp Fire RPers that threaten rule 2.3 reports.
  3. Camp Fire RPers that build super bases and don't come out and play.
  4. Camp Fire RPers that shit talk behind walls and radios and Discord and Forums.
  5. Camp Fire RPers that block off buildings and cities in popular areas.
  6. Camp Fire RPers that hate offline raiding. 
  7. Camp Fire RPers that are super pacifists despite a shoot out going on around their heads then complain when they get killed.
  8. Camp Fire RPers that carry an arsenal of weapons. (Really?) 

Section 3:

1. Players un-accepting of losing and instead go to Report Wars. (I've been in the middle of one of these)
  2. Players that are generic bad guys with no character.
  3. Base sieges that have no communication or even offering terms of surrender. Just hopping over to force the defenders to initiate and not even taking prisoners, just KILL KILL KILL! 
  4. Characters that are jerks and bait you into a fight to find a reason to kill you.Natives that hate foreigners because... reasons.
  5. People that hate the UN and NATO for... reasons.
  6. People who get executed or killed but still hold grudges and OOC hatred. (Despite that New Life Rule should have ended that IC grudge and hatred because YOU DIED)
  7. Groups that hate other groups because... reasons. (When I was in The Quarantined, we had new groups declare us enemies because of an old grudge that they should have forgotten or was so damn long ago that it doesn't matter or because an ally told them to and yet they have NEVER communicated or interacted with us) 

Section 4:

1. Lack of Perma-Deaths from multiple executions.
  2. Lack of New Life Rule enforcement from staff.
  3. Lack of Hero Groups.
  4. Lack of Trade. 
  5. Lack of faction wars between large groups.
  6. Lack of these large groups going out to recruit people peacefully or forcefully IN CHARACTER (Seriously would love to have a group try and recruit people for an upcoming war or force them into servitude or something)
  7. Lack of PRISONS and jailing people instead they are released or executed.
  8. Lack of civilians. (cause everyone is former military these days) 
  9. Too many "military" people around.
  10. Lack of civilian weapons.

Come on guys, I made a list in Suggestions: 

AND ABOVE ALL... 

LACK OF LONG TERM STORY RP!
Wow that felt so GOOD! 

I know I'll get a lot of flack for this but meh, I'm being honest. I'm a Camp Fire RPer and even I'm tired of their RP. This is all my opinion and from my experiences. Y'all might be different or might not see most of these as an issue. And that's ok! I'm glad you're having a great time. I still love it here. I just like being honest and open with my thoughts. 

Holy fucking Christ you would be fun at parties

7 minutes ago, Crim said:

Holy fucking Christ you would be fun at parties

I take that as a compliment. I throw the best parties! 

But back on topic, seems a lot of people don't like the Cherno nationalists. 

14 minutes ago, HDragon said:

1 Characters who have "lived in Chernarus" their whole life or for long enough to know some kind of history of the area but having 0 clue about anything related to the lore of SZ. IE: People who moved here to "help in the civil war" and don't know who actually fought in it.

2.3 People who make characters but don't fact check the lore or anything IRL. 

3 Whitenames when they make a character without reading lore then acting like the infection just started and zombies are a new thing.

4 People who make military characters but don't fact check. IE: "I am a Marine who went to basic training in New York City and my current rank is a Senior Airman and I led my fleet of 200 men".

5 (I agree with @Major) Nationalist/Extremist characters who don't really understand why they have those beliefs or dislike a certain group of people but are just about "killing foreigners and slava my country".

YES YES YES! Good points man! Beautiful

What tires me is both sides of the community complaining about each other without any intention to compromise and just expecting the other side to fix themselves. It'd be great if people would take some more time to reflect on themselves at times instead of staying in their own bubble and being constantly reaffirmed that their opinion is the right one by their own echo chamber.

And also what @ne_om posted, because all those threads do (this one included) is driving both sides further into their respective corner.

21 minutes ago, Ryan Shepherd said:

9). Lack of british groups to... roleplay.. with.

I'd love to see one those too. 

@Kenyi I'll happily come to the negotiating table but I don't speak for others. Only myself. If this discussion ever happens, I'll be there. 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

1 minute ago, AndreyQ said:

Being late to this thread and not being able to get the beanz worthy posts.

I got u lad, now go +1 my vultures app please.

Also 

1. 2.3

2. lack of NVGs

Thanks for coming to my ted talk