Server time (UTC): 2019-11-14, 20:11
Deer Isle Purge
TODAY | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Starts in 3 hours, 49 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
Mia

S1: 2019-09-11, 02:50 (approx), Shot Dead

Server and location: S1; Tisy Military Base

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 2019-09-11; 2:50

Your in game name: Bela Kovar

Names of allies involved: Riza Mustang, Willow, and others (sorry, don't know their names)

Name of suspect/s: Not sure

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): no

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):

Detailed description of the events: 

Bela's POV -

After being robbed at NWAF by a man named McFly, I decided to go to Tisy to look for a new gun.  As soon as I arrived I noticed a bunch of people ahead of me who didn't seem aggressive.  So, I decided to head up the nearest ramp to start my search.  When I noticed two of the people coming up the ramp, I stopped, turned and started chatting with them.  Lorcan, one of the men, convinced me to go meet with Hutch for a little chat.  (My brother Arno previously told me Hutch hates me.)  As we neared the group, another group of men (the Dalton Gang) began to run at us and yell, "Put your hands up."  Of course, being pacifist me, I immediately put my hands up and dropped to the ground when the gunfire started.  After that was all settled, the hostage takers moved the hostages up to the top of the ramp and asked questions.  When it was all over and the hostage takers had departed, I started to walk down the ramp with Riza.  When we got to the bottom, a shot rang out and I fell dead to the ground. 

(Sorry, I don't usually record, so, I didn't think to turn on Gamecaster until a good 5 minutes into the situation.  Also, I didn't say much of anything because at the beginning we were warned repeatedly not to speak or we would be killed.)

Edited by Mia

Connection Logs:

Spoiler

02:04:30 | Player "Bela Kovar" is connected
- Dead -
03:40:24 | Player "Bela Kovar" has been disconnected

02:05:25 | Player "Tyler Pearce" is connected
- Dead -
03:07:21 | Player "Tyler Pearce" has been disconnected

Hit Logs:

Spoiler

02:54:47 | Player "Bela Kovar" hit by Player "Tyler Pearce" with AWM from 92.9843 meters 
02:54:47 | Player "Bela Kovar" hit by Player "Tyler Pearce" with AWM from 92.9843 meters 

02:59:39 | Player "Tyler Pearce" hit by FallDamage

Kill Logs:

Spoiler

02:54:47 | Player "Bela Kovar" (DEAD) killed by Player "Tyler Pearce" with AWM from 92.9843 meters 
03:04:48 | Player "Tyler Pearce" (DEAD) died.

Calling in the following people to post their Point of Views & any video evidence they may have:
@Mia | Bela Kovar | OP
@DannickVC | Tyler Pearce | POSTED

This situation as a whole was a shit show if i'm being honest, but after the hostages were released and we took Willow as we were looking for her, I was told over the radio that my boys who left with Willow were apparently being followed by the people who got released and were around/on the ramp, hence why I shot, should I have ID'ed my targets a bit better? probably but in the heat of the moment where you are told that people are following your friends as they have left and you ask them to double check where they are and they give you the same response, it's hard to tell who is who. Shortly after, I was up in one of the tisy towers and got launched off of it when I went to go down and then died from freezing to death because I was on low HP and didn't have any shelter. If I’m being honest though i'm not sure who exactly it was that followed them down the ramp but that seems kinda like NVFL in itself, but you can see in the video at 10:41 the unknown individual calls over the radio “Hey I got my radio back, they are heading down the ramp right now.” this individual is the individual that was seen following my boys down the ramp as they left with Willow.

Just to help give more detail, I was one of the hostages and I was the ONLY one who followed them afterwards. That kill happened well after they were far gone away with Willow. Hutch caught up to me & we looked for them. They told us hostages we could pick our weapons up and go on our way, none of them even had weapons out. 

I was here for this messy situation - myself, @HDragon, @RiZStream, @Fae and I believe another were gathered around before the 'gunfight/hostage situation'. We were having some RP at the bottom of one of those concrete towers in Tisy when @Lorcan ran past saying "People need to run" or something along those lines - which confused us, so @RiZStreamand myself ran down the road a bit before being shot in the back. I didn't hear an initiation (unfortunately I didn't record this bit, however due what I believed to be a rulebreak I started recording when I was clear, to capture if anything else happened) and that began the confusion - as I didn't even know of anyone else being nearby - let alone who was actively shooting and killing people in our camp.

After retreating east and healing up a bit - @RiZStreamand myself decided we would loop around and see if we could decipher what in the hell was happening. There we had an altercation with someone on a hill - before I AFK'd in a bush and enabled my recording as the 'gang' was apparently moving out and done with the quick robbery of the hostages;

(Apologies for the loud/peaking microphone. I hadn't set up any audio settings in this software.)

The entire situation was just confusing. I didn't know who was attacking, or why, or when. I didn't hear an initiation, just got shot in the back. Then seeing an unarmed hostage get shot on the ramp after being told they were 'free to go'. If it was a miss ID, it's a severe lack of communication from the people who just released these hostages to their 'overwatch'.

Edited by Jsesse White

So, after thinking about this overnight, I've decided to close this report.  DannickVC accepted responsibility and will hopefully be less eager to pull the trigger in the future.  I do hope he does more than "a bit better" when it comes to ID'ing future targets because next time I won't be so gracious.

I'm here to have fun; I'm not here to get players banned.  If DannickVC learns anything from this experience, then that's good enough for me.

Greetings, the staff team have reviewed this report, and have agreed to close it, but not without first leaving a warning to @DannickVC. Dannick, in this situation you claim that a released hostage followed your friends down the ramp showing NVFL, and that, as a result of this, you shot @Mia suspecting the same.The fact of the matter is that Mia waited around on the platform for 2 minutes and 20 seconds, during which there was no indication that it was safe to descend. Furthermore as they are released hostages, unless defender rights are utilized, they are no longer in your care and cannot be shot simply for leaving the area where they were taken hostage. While it may be true that someone followed your friends, what it essentially comes down to is your groups own lack of communication and your lack of properly identifying your target that has led to this invalid kill. As such had this report proceeded you would have likely been found guilty of invalid kill - roleplayed. However as the staff team have decided to honor Mia's request, you have managed to dodge the proverbial bullet. I would take this as a serious warning however to /NOT/ repeat this mistake, as if it becomes a recurring trend, the staff team may be less inclined to agree to report closures moving forward.

//closed.

Signed by @Zanaan @Derek Steel and @Peril