Server time (UTC): 2019-11-15, 03:49
Deer Isle Purge
ONGOING | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Ends in 17 hours, 10 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
Gaden

Leader Roleplay

Leader Roleplay  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So a question was just raised by a friend and I, and that is roleplaying as a leader of a country. 

Surely I can't just make a character named Vladamir Putin and come into Chernarus claiming authority over all citizens of Russia or the respective military members of that country should they still have loyalty to that country.

This isn't too difficult to believe though, because leaders would definitely be the ones to survive. There are so many doomsday contingency plans in place so that upper leadership survives practically anything.

Please let me know what you think, sorry if this was raised before, I looked through forums trying to find if it was already posted.

You cannot roleplay real people, so no, you can't.

3 minutes ago, Fae said:

You cannot roleplay real people, so no, you can't.

I don't see that rule anywhere, I looked. 

Where does it state that?

The only thing I can think is it's assumed you wouldn't RP someone famous?

Edited by Gaden

Just now, Gaden said:

I don't see that rule anywhere, I looked. 

Where does it state that?

From the Newcomer Guide, under Whitelisting. Specifically it states you can't use famous characters or celebrities, however as a rule we have generally refused any 'real life' figures... Because the only ones people intend to play, are normally famous ones.

Additionally, anyone trying to play the leader of a country would probably be best to run it by Loremasters to make sure it fits the theme.

4. About you and character story
In this step you will have to write a little bit about yourself as well as a background story for a character that you would like to play on DayZRP. Try to make the story realistic as well as compatible with the official lore. We will check your writing and story telling skills as well as test your lore knowledge. Do NOT use a story someone else wrote or one that you found online. Do NOT use fillers (spam space or other characters/words) in order to meet the length requirement. Those things can result in you being blacklisted! We also do NOT allow the use of famous characters like celebrities or characters from movies, series or other games.

1 minute ago, Rover said:

From the Newcomer Guide, under Whitelisting. Specifically it states you can't use famous characters or celebrities, however as a rule we have generally refused any 'real life' figures... Because the only ones people intend to play, are normally famous ones.

Additionally, anyone trying to play the leader of a country would probably be best to run it by Loremasters to make sure it fits the theme.

It's been so long since I went through the Whitelist, I forgot about that part.

However, this is in my opinion, a slightly different thing.

Not really. Any world leader would have to be a real person, thus, someone everyone is aware of.

If you wanted to play Putin, that'd be a no-no, since he is a real person.
If you wanted to play some kinda government official then maybe, but it'd have to be heavily monitored and approved by a loremaster, I should think.

So essentially use a third party to push the alleged agenda of the Country, which is what people do already, I agree that it should be moderated and follow the guidelines set forth by the LM's.

There are very many factors to consider if it were allowed, such as disrupting other player's roleplay if a leader were to suddenly come into the picture, however if done right, I personally believe that it could actually be something that many could enjoy. 

Using a third party to push the agenda isn't exactly the same as being the leader, it's got a lot taken away from it, but I completely see your point and I do agree with it. 

Thank you for your answer.

Any official spokesperson of any country, delegate or diplomat are usually headed by the Loremaster team at any point. 

Characters who are elected officials in a local cabinet or office on a small margin, such as Ministers or Secretaries, can arguably be played without much moderation but regardless of who you play in Chernarus, there really isn't any power for them to command anymore. You could just be somebody saying they have some form of power, but with nothing to back it up what does that add to anyone else's roleplay?

Any character concept you have however, feel free to ask Loremasters directly. They're usually more than happy to answer specific, lore based questions, especially around character creation. 

4 minutes ago, Baron said:

Any official spokesperson of any country, delegate or diplomat are usually headed by the Loremaster team at any point. 

Characters who are elected officials in a local cabinet or office on a small margin, such as Ministers or Secretaries, can arguably be played without much moderation but regardless of who you play in Chernarus, there really isn't any power for them to command anymore. You could just be somebody saying they have some form of power, but with nothing to back it up what does that add to anyone else's roleplay?

Any character concept you have however, feel free to ask Loremasters directly. They're usually more than happy to answer specific, lore based questions, especially around character creation. 

I personally have no desire to attempt this type of roleplay, Unless I were to be on the LM team, which I am gunning for whenever I meet the requirements.

This was simply curiosity and gauging the opinions of those involved in the community, because I felt that it could definitely be something interesting. But with the feedback suggesting that this is a no, I am very clearly wrong here. 

Thank you very much for your input everyone, it's still greatly appreciated.

Only people who should play leaders of a country should be the loremasters and only they should be able to give people approval if they request with a very well written essay why, what they want to etc. 

Hello, Prophet and Lore Oracle Major here. 

*adjust glasses, coughs loudly and wipes away the dust*

Yeah you aren't allowed to RP celebrities or real world people. The only way I'd ever RP somebody like Trump or Putin is if I had the impression down pat and it was completely realistic and felt like you were actually with them ICly. That will never happen, not only because they will never come to Chernarus but also because I couldn't do it justice. Trump's busy nuking hordes from the Cheyenne Mountain complex and Putin is too occupied putting down raiders, maintaining his remaining State, and generally harassing Chernarussians. 

However, there are some caveats. 

Local politicians, mayors of Chernarussian towns, chief of police, administrators, are all fair game. This helps to fill out the world and provide a good sense of depth. This is of course provided you can pull off these types of characters. I tend to, despite being an LM only stick to middle management as far as how high I'll go. Colonel basically. I played the Chernarussian Interior Minister for South Zagoria in the last Lore, I brought him out 3-4 times and only for certain occasions generally disliked playing him. I really hate being the boss in a case like that, just feels out of place. 

At one point we discussed having President Kozlov show up at a CDF base along with a general and minister, doing a brief and casual inspection of troops, promoting some guys, pin some medals, and then go meet with fellow nationalists in the woods for an impromptu not filmed Ruski burning session. Kozlov is a character I created and I have an idea of how to play him. That may happen at some point as he Lore-wise has moved to Miroslavl, but that'll be after the Russian events which I'm waiting on Rolle to code the event thingy for. 

Don't expect that though. If it happens it will look sort of like this:

Spoiler