Server time (UTC): 2019-11-20, 15:46
Sign in to follow this  
tripzkill

I wish to get unbanned

Link to the source of punishment (report/post) 

Why the verdict is not fair:  I feel that the ban is too harsh 

Additional statements/comments explaining here is my POV that I failed to post.  I don't have a video but what happen was (POV ) when I spawn in I met a friendly guy name was Josh  he told me he was a hunter and I told him that my guy knows nothing about hunting so we got to talking as we head to the summer camp. As we where going their I asked him on how to use trap and what work for what animals. As we are talking we found a bear trap he showed me how to set it up. As we are taking we where to find a stick to disarm it. I wanted to do this for RP Reason. As we where at a tree I got a call IR and had to leave right away again will post if requested. While I agree that leaving a bear trap up and logging out is very much frown appone which I agree. I wouldn't want to step on a random mine or trap myself. If it was not for IR I would have disarm it. I do agree that I should receive some type of punishment. I don't believe a full ban should be it. I do apologise.

I don't have a video but what happen was (POV ) when I spawn in I met a friendly guy name was Josh  he told me he was a hunter and I told him that my guy knows nothing about hunting so we got to talking as we head to the summer camp. As we where going their I asked him on how to use trap and what work for what animals. As we are talking we found a bear trap he showed me how to set it up. As we are taking we where to find a stick to disarm it. I wanted to do this for RP Reason. As we where at a tree I got a call IR and had to leave right away again will post if requested. While I agree that leaving a bear trap up and logging out is very much frown appone which I agree. I wouldn't want to step on a random mine or trap myself. If it was not for IR I would have disarm it. I do agree that I should receive some type of punishment. I don't believe a full ban should be it. I do apologise.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I wish to be unbanned and received a less harsh punishment

What could you have done better?: At the time I was under shock at the news that I received. One this is for sure I should had still disarm the trap to avoid this from happening.

Verdict:

@tripzkill - Attempted Invalid Kill (On Sight) | Guilty

Reason:

A team of staff have reviewed this case and arrived at the conclusion above. @tripzkill you placed a bear trap which later killed @Snorf in an area that you did not control as your base

Spoiler

4.10 Deployable weapons such as land mines, bear traps and similar items work in two different ways:

When deployed by the base owners inside a walled off and closed base, these weapons will be treated as defensive measures and thus any kills done by them will be considered valid even without any kill rights

When deployed anywhere or by anyone else they will be treated the same as any other weapon, so for example:

1. If someone gets injured or killed by your mine or trap which you placed in the middle of a town or a forest, it will be treated the same way as if you shot/killed them on sight with a gun
  2. If an enemy you have valid kill rights on steps on your mine, the kill will be considered valid

Although you had intentions to disarm the bear trap you still left the bear trap due to IRL situations in which you had to log. In this case you should have contacted a Gamemaster over discord to inform us that a trap was put down and you were unable to disarm it before logging off, this would have prevented the situation you now find yourself in.

@tripzkill in future please check the forums to confirm you are not called for any possible IC situation that may be reported. You will be receiving the standard punishment that we give for Attempted Invalid Kill (on sight), this is a significant reduction compared to being permanently temp banned from the server awaiting a report statement. 

Outcome:

@tripzkill - Attempted Invalid Kill (On Sight) - 2 days | 5 Points

Signed: @Voodoo @Hofer @Derek Steel