Server time (UTC): 2019-11-20, 23:22
Sign in to follow this  
ZeroRP

Give Loremasters Admin Tools

Admin Tools Access  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I hope I am not the only one that thinks that it's a bit ridiculous that loremasters do not have access to the admin tools. The LM position as far as I am aware is solely responsible for lore and lore events that happen on the server. How exactly does it make their jobs easier by limiting their access to the tools they need to execute events? Having to schedule a time for an Admin or GM to help a LM seems a bit time consuming and inconvenient. Furthermore the LMs could do random dynamic events when they have free time, something I have not seen GMs or Admins do in a long while (probably due to their other obligations as well as time they want to RP). LMs jobs revolve around this thing so their main job would be to just do these types of events when they are available unlike Admins or GMs who have to work on reports, ban people, do ban appeals, give points when necessary, and also give their time to weigh in on staff discussions.

As a side note in regards to allowing them to have access to the tools and if it has to do with trust. If you question their loyalty or trustworthiness then they shouldn't be on the staff team.

Edited by Zero

I voted no, purely on the grounds that I do not even think GM's should have the admin tools, If LM's want it then I think it needs to be "turned on" by an admin as and when they need it. 

Yeah it would be nice to have but I'm not counting on it. Thanks for the thread though.

The activity level of LMs in anything having to do with events will always be based upon the willingness of volunteers and of GMs and admins to assist if this continues.

I don't see why not, have them turned on when they do events then turn them back off when they aren't doing events. 

Edited by Eagle

6 minutes ago, Eagle said:

I don't see why not just have em turned on when they do events then turn them back off ezpz.

Yeah that'd be perfect. But Rolle would have to read dms for that. Not so ezpz.

I honestly hate the effect tools have on my play experience but they are needed for loftier pursuits such as events. It gives me enough situational awareness to be able to keep something moving and not let it falter and get messed up.

Yeah give them tools they'll be able to create sick events on an active rate as they dont have to deal with admin shit so can focus solely on events.

Good idea bro

I'm all for this. Much easier for LM's to run events.

It would be great for LM to have tools BUT i feel like for obvious reasons they should only have them during events or to prepare them beforehand! 

47 minutes ago, ne_om said:

I voted no, purely on the grounds that I do not even think GM's should have the admin tools, If LM's want it then I think it needs to be "turned on" by an admin as and when they need it. 

Also why do you believe not even Game masters should have in-game tools?

15 minutes ago, Samti said:

It would be great for LM to have tools BUT i feel like for obvious reasons they should only have them during events or to prepare them beforehand! 

I have been in staff off and on since 2017, so if they don't trust me by now I'm not sure what else I'm to do, plus my job description basically entails doing to stuff in-game that improves the players experience. Plenty of GMs have abused or just "seen what they could do" with no regard at all for the players. They are very sensitive things that shouldn't be messed with. 

We have had occasions where GMs and other members of staff have just gone and randomly spawned wolves and zombies and done other things that have been taken as gospel and then people message me thinking I'm doing it. I have something a tad more coherent and involved in mind. We are here to have fun and I'm not trying to be a snob but spamming zeds isn't my idea of fun. The goal should be to improve the players experience, I'm not saying the GMs haven't done this, in each case every GM is different. I don't see why GM's need tools if LMs are doing events and such. They can still kick/ban people if needed. 

It just seems tools come with the rank, and maybe that needs to change.

16 minutes ago, Samti said:

I am just not s very trusting person and believe that something like that should only really be in the hands of admins purely coz I can see it being abused and previous staff have abused it 

Edited by ne_om

Just now, Major said:

I have been in staff off and on since 2017, so if they don't trust me  and my job description basically entails doing to stuff in-game that improves the players experience. Plenty of GMs have abused or just "seen what they could do" with no regard at all for the players. They are very sensitive things that shouldn't be messed with. 

We have had occasions where GMs and other members of staff have just gone and randomly spawned wolves and zombies and done other things that have been taken as gospel and then people message me thinking I'm doing it. I have something a tad more coherent and involved in mind. We are here to have fun and I'm not trying to be a snob but spamming zeds isn't my idea of fun. The goal should be to improve the players experience, I'm not saying the GMs haven't done this, in each case every GM is different. I don't see why GM's need tools if LMs are doing events and such. They can still kick/ban people if needed. 

It just seems tools come with the rank, and maybe that needs to change.

If anything i think we should make Major "Head Loremaster" and only give that rank admin tools. Sounds fair to me 🤝

Just now, NozzyRP said:

If anything i think we should make Major "Head Loremaster" and only give that rank admin tools. Sounds fair to me 🤝

Don't fellate me, remember the other two people who also do this job. If it weren't for them I'd just be running around doing what I could.

3 minutes ago, Major said:

Don't fellate me, remember the other two people who also do this job. If it weren't for them I'd just be running around doing what I could.

1 guy having tools is better than 0, not trying to minimize the work the other 2 lads have put in if that's what you got out of my comment. Just trying to find a compromise since apparently giving it to all 3 is a big no? 

Edited by NozzyRP

Just now, NozzyRP said:

1 guy having tools is better than 3, not trying to minimize the work the other 2 lads have put in if that's what you got out of my comment. Just trying to find a compromise since apparently giving it to all 3 is a big no? 

No I want us all to have them. You literally said they should just crown me Head LM. I'm trying to break that bullshit stereotype so others can make their mark and work for the community. Keeping that meme going just makes people treat the others as placeholders. 

If all of us have it then we can run various factions or characters as the same time and cover even more ground.

I think it's proper to call in @Roland for his full detailed POV

I would love for them to have tools, it will save them keep trying to contact us GM's and relying in whether we are available or not.. Big +1 from me.

Giving the LM's tools would make the community appriciate them more because they would be able to have an effect in-game which is where most people spend the majority of their time while on DayZRP. The only "downside" is that there could be abuse, but GM's can do that as well and it only takes a few months of being staff to get GM. Sure the is potential for abuse but i think the positives (which are a lot of things) massively outweigh the negatives. The only reason i don't see it being given is because there is not 100% trust in the LM's to use the admin tools correctly. I don't see why that is but it's the only reason that i see. 

Give LM's tools or Riot 

Can we force this issue through like the RapeRP thread? come on lads we can do it 

Edited by NozzyRP

I don't see why not.

+1 more Lore, more roleplay

1 hour ago, Major said:

No I want us all to have them. You literally said they should just crown me Head LM. I'm trying to break that bullshit stereotype so others can make their mark and work for the community. Keeping that meme going just makes people treat the others as placeholders. 

If all of us have it then we can run various factions or characters as the same time and cover even more ground.

Sorry, I am only loyal to the one ruler. Slava Kozlov. Slava Major.

43 minutes ago, Zero said:

Sorry, I am only loyal to the one ruler. Slava Kozlov. Slava Major.

SLAVA STATU!

Give LM access to admin tools when they announce an event & need it for prep and take it away during the time of no events.

17 hours ago, ne_om said:

I share this opinion with Neom.

I think only Admins should have permanent access to IG tools and loremasters given access only when the need arises during event preparation and for the duration of the event itself. That is how it was back in the day, along with select game masters being given access to assist the LMs during events.

Am going to abstain from voting in the poll since the only options are yes or no and my view doesn't fit either I think.

Edited by Conor

LMs have tools on Event server, but not on regular live servers. So if events were scheduled and done there, there's no problem. We will have an event signup/whitelist system ready soon, which should help with organizing events. Spontaneous small events on live servers will still have to be carried out with the help of a GM or Admin.

Unfortunately the past few months have shown quite a few issues with use of admin tools in game, so that's why they are being kept to the most trustworthy and experienced GMs and Admins and are not handed out instantly when someone receives a GM promotion.

There has been proof multiple times throughout this community that giving certain people access to administrative tools for in-game use does not always end well.

Do I think our current LM team are likely to be those people? From experience seeing more familiarly Major and Stagg's work, no I don't. Effectively if tools cannot be realistically provided to every LM, then having an LM lead that can switch hands would be best. I am more than confident the dynamic and quality of all our roleplay would change for the better should this be the case, and this has been consistently illustrated by extremely poor Event management when control his not completely in the LM's hands. To make clear I am not referencing huge, scheduled events so much as dynamic ones, these should be semi-scripted by the LM team and have purpose, rather than the intermittent and random nature of previous horde spawns, etc. 

This should not be limited to the Event server what so ever, we should trust at the very least one of our LM's to do this properly and for the community, to do otherwise is to detriment everyone here. 

+1 from me to the poll's suggestion.