Server time (UTC): 2019-11-20, 23:19
Sign in to follow this  
BandsRP

Should automatic weapons be harder to find?

Since it is almost 800 days into the apocalypse it would make sense for automatic weapons to be very rare. The only reasonable place to find these guns would be at the heli crash sights since they came from outside of Chernarus.
Reason why I believe it would increase roleplay:
-This would increase roleplay tremendously by decreasing hostile RP and less people would NVFL if they had a semi-automatic weapon. People will feel less likely to turn and around and risk there precious lives if there guns cant kill 10 people with one spray.
-This would give a reason for people to trade with one another, creating friendly or hostile relationships with more people around the map. Bringing people together and force them to roleplay.
-It would allow people to branch out and use other guns that are not commonly used. Most semi-automatic guns are much weaker than the automatics, so it would create a bigger diversity of guns seen around the map.

If anyone has any input on this topic please leave a reply down below, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Edited by BandsRP
name change

I love realism and finding automatics at places 800 days into the apocalypse, its trigger me dude get rid of them I'm sick of of people ruining my campfire RP.

Edited by ZorullRP

They're already pretty difficult to come across in my recent experiences looting. Tisy had some MP5s and a few 9mm AKs. Other than that I haven't found anything recently.

Just now, Zero said:

They're already pretty difficult to come across in my recent experiences looting. Tisy had some MP5s and a few 9mm AKs. Other than that I haven't found anything recently.

Most groups have dozens of them stored in their tents, maybe if there spawns were reduced then they would be willing to trade them away.

I agree with this. ARs should be more rare than they are.

Triple the spawn rate of shotguns and I'll say yes

12 minutes ago, Kordruga said:

I agree with this. ARs should be more rare than they are.

Thank you for the feedback, I'm glad other people feel the same way.

2 minutes ago, APositiveElmo said:

That would be a great idea, shotguns are great in Dayz, but I do not see them very often.

800 days in, I'd fully support this.  However, with upcoming lore wipe are we going back to Day 1?

9 minutes ago, APositiveElmo said:

Shotguns, bolt actions and SKS' and you have a yes from me.

1 minute ago, Conor said:

I need an M4 for my American R O L E P L A Y, plus have you seen how OP shotguns are. I would be scared if everyone had a shotgun, one shotting me from a mile away with slugs.

Edited by Zero

Just now, Zero said:

I need an M4 for my American R O L E P L A Y, plus have you seen how OP shotguns are. I would be scared if everyone had a shotgun, one shotting me from a mile away with slugs.

If someone can hit you from one mile with a slug, they deserve the kill 😄

And as for American rOlEpLaY I think people will be able to cope. I am sure there will be plenty of M4s in circulation, just not one on the back of every other person you meet and 5 in every tent you find...

1 minute ago, Zero said:

M4s and other weapons would not be gone, just less common. For NATO forces it would allow for a more intense roleplay if they treat there rifles like the thing they are, a rare commodity.

Yes. I believe it should be difficult to find any military weapon or "high demand" valued military supplies at military bases. In fact, I think we should go back to the delivery method of NATO weapons from 0.61, where you'd only find NATO weapons from Helicopter crashes only.

Less ARs means less weapons to support the cause with. How will our brave soldiers cope against oppressors and invaders 😱

Double the spawns of them, lets get this party started.

1 hour ago, Conor said:

I'd prefer we do a CSGO pistol round for a month and have nothing but FNXs but y'know, I guess that'll do too

No this isn't Chicago Mr. Mayor Rahm Emanuel.

:trolle:

Just because we are 800 days in doesn't mean automatic weapons are going to magically disappear. We have massive movements of people around Chernarus, shit coming in from Russia, and stuff coming in from Takistan plus people coming from all over the world to do everything in Chernarus because it's a nice backwater near where ground zero is that can be exploited. I don't want AKs in every building but having them rare makes zero sense and isn't fun.

It's an economy, guns are like going and cutting down a forest and it not growing back for decades. They change hands.

Chances are a move like this would actually increase the amount of people getting robbed just for their weapons. Can already imagine a large group of folk with Mosin's robbing every AK101 possessor in the vicinity.

Decrease the amount of whitenames spawns in order to lower the amount of automatics, the only place I seem to find AR/AKM these days 

At this rate if you wanna pull the whole realism card, I feel it'd make more sense finding ARs in more civilian spawns. As the first place someone would look would be the military areas, then bring that home for defense, etc. 

So maybe decrease the military spawns, but add a slim chance of finding those weapons in civilian spawns.

Could be interesting, and at least make more sense then those fucking presents a few patches ago...

Decrease M4s have more AKMs and SKSs. Less AWMs and M249. Make pistols and submachine guns better, then you have my vote! 

Dunno about you but on S2 I rarely find weapons of particular high caliber. They already seem rare, but that's just my subjective impression. At least there on the island it makes sense in a way, as it's semi-remote.

Dunno about S1, haven't played there for a while.

I personally find that all military grade weapons would be way harder to find seeing how long the outbreak has been going on.

So a few thoughts,

Yes we're 800 days into the outbreak. But remember, mankind hasn't died out. There are still functioning governments elsewhere in some form. Chernarus and especially SZ is a heavily militarized place, so up to and during the initial outbreak there would be large stockpiles of weapons. These would generally be heavily looted in SZ, but time goes on, fighting continues, different armed groups (internal and external) come and go. The stockpiles decrease, but the weapons stay in circulation. You would also seem some influx of arms from different countries brought in by various state and non-state actors from neighbouring Russia and Takistan, as @Major stated.

Guns aren't biodegradable, only the dead are biodegradable.

Edited by -Boom-