Server time (UTC): 2019-11-16, 00:10
Sign in to follow this  
Snorf

S1: Invalid kill in Lopatino fields- 2019-09-07, 13:45

Server and location: S1: fields above lopatino

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 2019-09-07, 13:45

Your in game name: Shane Smith

Names of allies involved: Kevin shock, Martha Woods, John Oakwood, (I think more runners got involved later)

Name of suspect/s: ItsChocolateMan, he had two mates not sure who they were (logs?)

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

Detailed description of the events: After Kevin shock had a run in with some churno-russians and we had to go give him medical help. We started making our way back to lopatino, just above the town in the fields there were 3 people running towards us. They spoke to the other 3 people in my group and then we started continuing our way. they then huddled in a group and shortly after started following us. I started to run away confused what was happening, then I start hearing John say help. I start trying to tell my group where we are. It wasn’t clear what was happening, no shots had been fired so I didn’t want to shot anyone because I was unaware there had been an initiation, or if it was some joking around.

In the rules it says

"4.1 All initiations and hostile actions as well as their demands and conditions must be made clear and unambiguous to all involved players. Hostile actions or initiations must be done personally and on specific targets who must be aware who the attacker is..."

I don’t feel this was done, I did not hear any initiation.

Edited by Snorf
more allies involved.

Radek Novotny POV:

I was running around Lopatino with my other Chernarussian bratyr. We heard some shots and saw people that looked like foreigners running toward Lopatino. We decided to go up there and talk to them to see what they were doing and if they truly were foreigners. I ran off to the left to get overwatch on the situation in case things went South. I hear an initiation over the radio (0:26 in my video, 3:00 in his). He obviously cannot hear the initiation, so I do not shoot him immediately. I look at the people we initiated on and see them put their hands up (0:30 in my video). I then look over at Shane, who can see his friends with his hands up (0:36 in my video, 3:10 in his video). I see him run over and get in a defensive position and aim at my friends (0:51 in my video, 3:24 in his video). He then goes back to cover behind the hay bale. I then shoot and kill him. 

You can hear and see in his video, that he is fully aware of the hostile situation going on, looking at this friends get initiated on and put their hands up. If he did not want to get involved in the hostile situation, he should have kept running, or not have pointed a firearm at my group members from a defensive position. If he had kept running, taken out binoculars, or taken the scope off, there would have been no hostile act on his part and he would not have gotten shot.

Connection Logs:

Spoiler
13:17:31 | Player "Shane Smith" is connected
-DEAD-

13:20:42 | Player "Radek Novotny" is connected
14:43:52 | Player "Radek Novotny" has been disconnected

Hit Logs:

Spoiler
13:41:38 | Player "Shane Smith"[HP: 63.7] hit by Player "Radek Novotny" into LeftArm(21) for 110 damage (Bullet_308Win) with M1A SOCOM from 235.673 meters 
13:41:38 | Player "Shane Smith"[HP: 27.4] hit by Player "Radek Novotny" into LeftArm(32) for 110 damage (Bullet_308Win) with M1A SOCOM from 235.673 meters 
13:41:38 | Player "Shane Smith" (DEAD)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Radek Novotny" into Torso(24) for 103.937 damage (Bullet_308Win) with M1A SOCOM from 235.673 meters 
13:41:38 | Player "Shane Smith" (DEAD)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Radek Novotny" into Lungs(48) for 103.937 damage (Bullet_308Win) with M1A SOCOM from 235.673 meters 
13:41:38 | Player "Shane Smith" (DEAD)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Radek Novotny" into Heart(44) for 103.937 damage (Bullet_308Win) with M1A SOCOM from 235.673 meters 
13:41:38 | Player "Shane Smith" (DEAD)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Radek Novotny" into Spine(40) for 103.937 damage (Bullet_308Win) with M1A SOCOM from 235.673 meters 

Kill Logs:

Spoiler
13:41:38 | Player "Shane Smith" (DEAD) killed by Player "Radek Novotny" with M1A SOCOM from 235.673 meters 

Calling in to post PoV's:

@Snorf | Shane Smith | POSTED
@ItsChocolateMan | Radek Novotny | POSTED

Please post a FULL and DETAILED POV and any VIDEO EVIDENCE you have

4.1 All initiations and hostile actions as well as their demands and conditions must be made clear and unambiguous to all involved players. Hostile actions or initiations must be done personally and on specific targets who must be aware who the attacker is, for example they cannot be done remotely through radio or PA system.

I was under the impression meant it would not be a valid inition. Which I still wasn't sure as John does try and trick me and other sometimes. As for aiming my gun, I was using it to see at a distance, which you were doing the samething. When ever I have been in a situation I have had clear instructions given personal to me. I assumed this was because it was the only way allowed under these rules. Everytime I have been attacked I have complied as I was able to because I personally hear the initiation and demands.

This situation seems messy to me, that is why I am creating this report. To my understandings I wasn't initiated on and that is why i didn't fire and I thought I wouldn't be shot at too.

Edited by Snorf

We have spoken about it and agree that there was confusion but I want to drop the report.

The staff team has taken your request into consideration and have agreed to close the report. In addition, we would like to let you know that in this situation the accused would have been found not guilty. This is because, @Snorf although you did not hear the initiation, you still knew that the initiation had happened and continued to show a hostile action by hiding behind a hay bale in the field and aiming your weapon at the enemies. Also, we would like to remind @ItsChocolateMan that talking into third party communications without double micing is against the rules, in future you need to make sure that you double mic everything, especially when giving information about positions during an active firefight.

With that said, the report will be closed.

/CLOSED

Signed by @Saunders + @Peril