Server time (UTC): 2019-11-12, 02:18
Sign in to follow this  
Gaden

Audio Issues

So I'm at the end of my rope here, I've tried everything I can think of to fix it being a hardware technician, so here I am. 

I've been experiencing issues of the DayZ voice chat randomly spiking to levels that seem like 9999+ DB making it impossible for me to present a proper RP, for obvious reasons.

Here's what I've tried so far: 
-I've updated audio drivers.

-I've updated headphone drivers.

-I've verified my game files. 
-I've stopped all non-essential tasks in the background.

Here is what I know:
-It isn't a case of when multiple people are talking at once, though that does seem to make it worse.

-It isn't a hardware issue, I7, 7700 Kaby Lake, 1080, 32 GB DDR4, all top notch stuff. 

-It isn't a resource issue, I've monitored task manager while playing. 

If any insight could be lent here it would greatly be appreciated. 

An example can be found below, heed the double warning.

VOLUME WARNING!

VOLUME WARNING!

https://streamable.com/n3lpm

This is been a known/running issue though more uncommon with the recent updates to DayZ:SA. I know specifically that it's very unlikely to be related to either hardware or lack of resources from your PC as it previously happened with my last rig set up. I'm wholly unaware what causes it but can recommend the following: 

1. Using PassMark's Sound Check to monitor your soundcard during gameplay. (This may only simply rule out the hardware issue if nothing else.)

2. Attempt to reinstall DayZ:SA entirely. Ensuring mods are also uninstalled and reinstalled. (Validating Steam Files will only repair/replace files deemed as changed/broken)

3. DayZ:SA is simply known to not like certain hardware what-so-ever. While it may completely be out of your control, making a feedback thread on the Bohemia Feedback Tracker will at least raise the issue once more to the attention of the relevant parties. 

Unfortunately we don't really offer much in the way of technical support for DayZ:SA/Hardware specific issues. Ultimately this post is exclusively presenting options to better inform you on what the problem might be for diagnostic purposes. These may or may not fix the problem, as I'm unable to diagnose what exactly that is for you.  

Edited by Baron
Corrected Wording

12 minutes ago, Baron said:

This is been a known/running issue though more uncommon with the recent updates to DayZ:SA. I know specifically that it's very unlikely to be related to either hardware or lack of resources from your PC as it previously happened with my last rig set up. I'm wholly unaware what causes it but can recommend the following: 

1. Using PassMark's Sound Check to monitor your soundcard during gameplay. (This may only simply rule out the hardware issue if nothing else.)

2. Attempt to reinstall DayZ:SA entirely. Ensuring mods are also uninstalled and reinstalled. (Validating Steam Files will only repair/replace files deemed as changed/broken)

3. DayZ:SA is simply known to not like certain hardware what-so-ever. While it may completely be out of your control, making a feedback thread on the Bohemia Feedback Tracker will at least raise the issue once more to the attention of the relevant parties. 

Unfortunately we don't really offer much in the way of technical support for in-game issues. Ultimately this post is exclusively presenting options to better inform you on what the problem might be for diagnostic purposes. These may or may not fix the problem, as I'm unable to diagnose what exactly that is for you.  

Thank you Baron, I will attempt these steps. 

I have already completed 2, and I logged into the server, unfortunately nobody was around for me to test it. Calling admins to TP to me and test it? kidding of course.

I have just now compiled a bug report on the support site. 

5 minutes ago, Gaden said:

Thank you Baron, I will attempt these steps. 

I have already completed 2, and I logged into the server, unfortunately nobody was around for me to test it. Calling admins to TP to me and test it? kidding of course.

I have just now compiled a bug report on the support site. 

Good work. 👍

Keep this thread open and when you get the opportunity to play with others see if the issue persists, make sure you've read up on how to use that soundcard monitor I provided just to ensure everything on your end is running correctly. Your hardware is good I'm sure, but unfortunately these things can become faulty but I'm more of the mind this is simply DayZ being DayZ. Keep us posted.