Server time (UTC): 2019-11-22, 21:48 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Zero

Discord Ban / Warning Points Appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): Here.

Why the verdict is not fair: I suppose the verdict is fair, though I question it given my background.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: In Discord I was just playing around and talking about hostile roleplay in general. In the past there have been members of the community that have hated hostile role-play and have come up with ridiculous claims such as the one I posted in Discord. They say that hostile RP is just about gear, or that hostile RPers do hostile RP because they are not good at "regular" roleplay, they've even accused myself and others of doing hostile RP just so we can ruin other people's time or RP and because we want to have control over someone. These people have also threatened to hire bit-coin assassins to kill or beat my friends. My comments were just poking fun at those sort of claims and attitudes and weren't not at all serious.  

I would also like to point out the Roland personally banned groups I have been in because he deemed us "too hostile". He also even perma-killed one of my favorite characters because according to him I was too hostile with my role-play. The verdict for that can be found here and here. I would also like to point out that pretty much every group I have been in bar Green Mountain Trading Company and Republika (though Republika is debatable as we did target foreigners due to them mistreating CDF personnel) has been a hostile group centered around bandit type role-play. Some of these groups are the following (though I have been in more hostile groups as dynamic).

1. The Aegis Corporation
  2. Coldwater V.1 
  3. Coldwater V.2
  4. The Damned
  5. Anarchy
  6. The House

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I would like to have my Discord ban removed and possibly even have my points reduced or even removed entirely.

What could you have done better?: Not joke about myself or made the joke in general. I can see how it could be confused but I assure you I was not attacking myself or any others when making those jokes. I think it was honestly just a misunderstanding and I hope staff will take that in to account.

Edited by Zero

Hello @Zero,

A separate team of staff have reviewed your appeal and has come to the conclusion to accept it.

We have agreed to remove your ban from the community Discord, however, your warning points will be staying.  While we acknowledge the now explained context of your comments, others may not when reading them with objective eyes, hence the original warning and the points remaining.  Additionally, we'd like to address your comments surrounding abortion and strongly advise you from partaking in such behavior moving forward.  In the future, simply be aware of the implications your comments have to other community members.

With that said,
Appeal accepted-ishDiscord ban removed, points remain.

Signed by @Peril, @Hofer, & @Samti