Server time (UTC): 2019-12-06, 06:51 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Zero

Server wipes every week, encourage map / group settlements, & bring in points of interests.

36 minutes ago, Crim said:

Just dont acknowledge the wipes?  Wasnt an issue before a few years ago

So this was tried before? Why did they stop? What was the end result? 

2 minutes ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

We used to have monthly persistence wipes and they were fantastic. Not sure why they stopped to be honest, we need them back.

24 minutes ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

Stopped cos of fortniterpers

Then lets bring back Monthly wipes BUT only if nothing despawns until the wipe and pre-fabricated bases can not be wiped for established groups. And make base building cheaper and faster so people can rebuild if they want. It won't matter if they can build fast since everything will be wiped in a month. Or at least make it cheaper and let crates hold guns again or lets sea chests & barrels hold guns so people can use tents for RP reasons again and they wont get horded by the large groups. 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

Im down for all this. But I feel as though there should be a server wipe monthly. Group Settlements have already been accepted (I think, if it has been you just have to create the base in offline mode and save the file and send it to Roland.). One thing I saw in the replies was that if an announcement was made, someone would just hold onto the gear. If that does happen he/she should either be banned temporarily, character wiped (not pk'd but wiped so they don't have loot), or be told by the staff to drop said items so they can remove them (obviously if they refuse this than that's where the other options come into play, as It doesn't benefit the loot economy and it really makes it seem like you are only interested in the gear.)  

The more threads and discussions I read about things related to Gear, storing gear and/or hoarding gear (because the major grievances with basebuilding aee much related to gear), the more I feel the best option would be just to remove all containers. Not more tents, barrels, crates or the like. That would completely level the playing field and force all sides to make due with what they can carry (looking forward to seeing everyone triple-carrying assault rifles with backpacks full of more). I'd legitimately be very curious to see how it would change the server (and if it would actually solve anything or just make people quit).

When it comes to wipes however, weekly wipes would very effectively kill any effort people will be willing to put into building anything. It sure would keep the loot fresh and increase in military base traffic by 50%. Monthly wipes would give people a bit more time, but again, people will not put in the effort if they know it's useless due to a abritrary timer (unless its the big groups that have the numbers to get it done quick). The only people this wiping process will really hit is the small groups (of say, 4 or less people) that run in dynamics.

I am curious, if PCBs have already been approved, why have no official groups used it up to this point?  All the biggest bases (generally built by the biggest groups) have been built through in-game means as far as I know. Maybe we should focus more on encouraging sensible PCBs being put forth by groups as opposed to wiping their efforts every week/month?

9 hours ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

Then lets bring back Monthly wipes BUT only if nothing despawns until the wipe and pre-fabricated bases can not be wiped for established groups. And make base building cheaper and faster so people can rebuild if they want. It won't matter if they can build fast since everything will be wiped in a month. Or at least make it cheaper and let crates hold guns again or lets sea chests & barrels hold guns so people can use tents for RP reasons again and they wont get horded by the large groups. 

I don't think that's how things work...You don't really pick and choose what to wipe, persistence wipes remove tents, barrels, cars and what is in them. Now I assume it also removes things like sea chests, crates, and walls. I know there's a way for groups that have 20 or so members to submit a base design to Roland, and I have no clue if he can set that pre-fabricated design onto the server to automatically have the base or what, or if the file is just for him to approve the design and spawn in the materials required for you to still build it by hand...but as far as I know you can't choose to keep certain things during a wipe.

1 minute ago, Malthis said:

I don't think that's how things work...You don't really pick and choose what to wipe, persistence wipes remove tents, barrels, cars and what is in them. Now I assume it also removes things like sea chests, crates, and walls. I know there's a way for groups that have 20 or so members to submit a base design to Roland, and I have no clue if he can set that pre-fabricated design onto the server to automatically have the base or what, or if the file is just for him to approve the design and spawn in the materials required for you to still build it by hand...but as far as I know you can't choose to keep certain things during a wipe.

Well that sucks. It would be cool if the prefabricated bases remained but all the tents and barrels and chests player made walls would vanish each month. It wouldn't be too harsh for small groups and lone survivors and big RP hubs would still be around so RP can continue. 

Wiping  the map often would just take the incentive away from building bases, unless we can mod them in only for that reason i would say IF we had to perform a map wipe it should be done every 6 months otherwise i would say no wipes at all just for the reason mentioned above BUT i'm actually up for a Monthly Character wipe so the stashed gear starts to get used up (hopefully)

I think we should do daily server wipes to maintain a healthy server...keep loot tables high and static settlements that are pre made .

Better performance no hoarding

If we were actually going to consider wipes more often, as someone said it would discourage player built bases.

However there is actually a simple solution to this, simply lower the member requirement of custom settlements, or simply scale the object limit dynamically with numbers. 

Basically, everyone gets a unique settlement, less of those ugly wooden walls, more unique locations, wipe the server often, perhaps everyone is happier. 

hard negative for me unless you make it where its extremely easy to build bases i want to see establishes settlements and places were people can go to talk.I dont want it to end up like rust and wipe monthly and you lose all your progress.