Server time (UTC): 2019-10-22, 17:40
Sign in to follow this  
ZeroRP

Server wipes every week, encourage map / group settlements, & bring in points of interests.

I have noticed that ever since the DayZ has left alpha we have had some major issues with loot economy. We've tried removing stashes, we've tried boosting spawns of guns, and we've tried lore events that give out guns as rewards. None have seemed to work so I have a few suggestions.

1. Wipe the server at the end of the week. We could wipe the map on a week by week basis in order to keep things in circulation. No character wipes, just wipes that clear out bases, tents, and other storage. This would require that we also bring in some of the other suggestions however in order to balance out things we would be losing like base building.
  2. Encourage map / group settlements. We already have in place a way for groups to submit settlements. I think we should encourage these settlements more and in return for this perhaps they could get certain in-game perks. Not sure what that would be, but it would have to be something useful but not something that would break the game. This could also encourage people to make groups as they would get cool bases or other things. 
  3. In order to balance out the loss of base building due to weekly wipes, we should open up a thread or suggestion area where people can submit map edits for the mission file. This would include things like kab gas station, perhaps a military checkpoint that was a final stand for the CDF, or other cool things that are just interesting to visit. Map edits would have to approved by Roland of course.
Edited by Zero

12 minutes ago, Zero said:

Wipe weekly. We could wipe the map weekly in order to keep things in circulation. No character wipes, just wipes that clear out bases, tents, and other storage. This would require that we also bring in some of the other suggestions however in order to balance out things we would be losing like base building.

If you have a scheduled weekly wipe, people will just pick up the gear they want to keep before the wipe happens, to store it after the wipe.

1. Encourage map / group settlements. We already have in place a way for groups to submit settlements. I think we should encourage these settlements more and in return for this perhaps they could get certain in-game perks. Not sure what that would be, but it would have to be something useful but not something that would break the game. This could also encourage people to make groups as they would get cool bases or other things. 

I agree. Although I'm not sure what in-game perk is needed other then 'We will give you a free base', thats pretty neat already as it is!

1. In order to balance out the loss of base building due to weekly wipes, we should open up a thread or suggestion area where people can submit map edits for the mission file. This would include things like kab gas station, perhaps a military checkpoint that was a final stand for the CDF, or other cool things that are just interesting to visit. Map edits would have to approved by Roland of course.

I think this has been done, as there was a new checkpoint added between Kab+Stary, and a few other things. @Descendants I believe had a couple get implemented.

Monthly wipes, or bi-weekly seems like a much better idea.

like suggested awhile ago larger approved groups could submit requests to have settlements built into the map, which would reduce lag(?), and create a better dynamic for the server.

A big fat -1 from me. Yeah, I wouldn't play anymore if we wiped weekly (any kind of wipe). Frankly, I didn't liked the monthly wipes we had during the last months of 0.62.

I would agree to do an actual pre-scheduled announced full-wipe that occurred every 3 months. Just to freshen up the server again, to help deal with any issues causing server performance.

Frankly, I could care less if people hoarded gear or what not, that's what base-raiding is for, to attack and loot settlements for supplies. What I don't like is walking into every damn major town or city, and seeing half the god damn buildings being blocked off by a gate at it's door, because someone wanted to store their tents & crates upstairs. If you want to block off a building, it better be for the purpose of engaging in roleplay, not strictly for storing gear. Build an actual base, or stash your shit away in the woods or a rural farmhouse in a field.

In regards to your suggestion about group settlements; it forces players to band together official groups, which I don't like, you're pretty much telling me and others that I can't have a place to live or trade unless I want to play with others in an official capacity. I find my roleplay to be more naturally occurring, when I have social interactions with new players and strangers who decide to lend a helping hand or work for hire at my trading outpost. It should be my choice if I wish to deal with the current time and requirements for constructing a base. I don't need know damn staff team to create me a "pre-fab base" either.

Yeah, I was around when they had the monthly wipes, all that happened was people grabbed bags and filled them with things, a couple people grabbed tents and barrels so they could put them down immediately after the wipe and the hoarding began again for that next month. 

Yes, twice a month is fine. 

This would effectively bring back the aspect of multiple PCBs that spread people out. Bring back Prud, Electro docks, maybe Grishino gas station so I can day dream about CRA, SVR, and B-17.

Created player settlements would be great. It can be balanced from the outset. Tired of looking at wooden walls tbh

3 minutes ago, Major said:

Yes, twice a month is fine. 

This would effectively bring back the aspect of multiple PCBs that spread people out. Bring back Prud, Electro docks, maybe Grishino gas station so I can day dream about CRA, SVR, and B-17.

Created player settlements would be great. It can be balanced from the outset. Tired of looking at wooden walls tbh

Diesal Plant or riot

Monthly wipes like it was before

"Encourage map / group settlements."

I'm all for that. And it's what I've been trying to do for a month now, create a settlement. But it's hard creating a settlement when you get attacked atleast once or twice every single day.

Monthly wipes pleaaaaaaaaaaase yes 100% agree 
LinearUnselfishGiraffe-size_restricted.g

Wipes monthly.

Base building has still gotta be worth it for all players, but weeks is too frequent to make stashes etc. in bases worth.

Monthly wipes, make bases have to be done by approved groups that admins would approve like the mod.

I think base building is great but I want actual settlements back in, Base building is limited in its current state as we all know, i'm all for it but again you can do much better in editors then you can in game, I want to go back to the grandness of approaching Solice, Ravens Nest, Altar Castle etc, Those moments really impact you as moments of Wow i'm not in kansas anymore.

Weekly is prefect. Sure people will pick up an inventory load of their best shit, but that's just that, an inventory load. Not 8 tents and 35 boxes. Return the building cost and time to normal and wipe weekly is a great combo.

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

Diesal Plant or riot

Don't think we have enough AU players for Diesal.

2 hours ago, Major said:

day dream about CRA, SVR, and B-17.

Excuse me?

In relations to the thread I'd support a scheduled map wipe. Not sure weekly is a good idea, but maybe once or twice a month.

Bring back Raven's Nest.

I don't play as much as many people here since I work most of the time. But having a tent or a shack in the woods would be great to come back to. I don't want to have to build it or find another tent every week. And forcing people together is forcing people to RP how others want and that's not fair to them.

IF the server wipes were every 2 months instead of monthly, I'd support it. 

Actually, I say go with Monthly wipes! If tents and crates and other objects would NOT despawn on their own during that time up until the wipe, then I'm all for it. For the rest of the ideas, I'm all for! Great suggestion @Zero 😸 +1

Edited by Crimson_Tiger
Grammar/ Changed my mind

weekly wipes +1. People will only grab a backpack with shit that should be about it. The rest of their tents and barrels will respawn then. That will mean there's no reason to loot whore. Since all the stuff you have "stored" will now be available to the people who don't have days of free time to get a monopoly on the guns.

Such a change will affect only people who "base" by themselves. An owner of a single tent with RP equipment won't be able to pick everything he needs every week. A big group will just drop all the food, non esential items and hold 2 guns on back, one gun in hands and the rest in backpack every wipe. How it will affect the overalloot one can only imagine.

If the wipe would affect basebuilding than also a giant RIP for single-survivors/small groups when it comes to making a home.

If the wipes are monthly and crates and tents and walls don't despawn until they are wiped, then I can see this working. And if pre fabricated bases for approved large groups dont get wiped during wipes then I think this will work.

But how to explain the wipes Lore wise? 

Just dont acknowledge the wipes?  Wasnt an issue before a few years ago