Server time (UTC): 2019-11-22, 03:33
Sign in to follow this  
HDragon

Invalid Execution(Role-played)/Ruleplay

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: I think there might be some misjudgment on ruleplay with the invalid kill added on. I believe that it may have been overlooked on the situation's intensity. Almost an hour before the situation Green Mountain was raided by the Green Dragons in which myself and Hutch died. We had just barely got to Stary from Staroy where we spawned. We get a radio message from Grace that the Green Dragons are looking for us. The same group that had just gunned us down at Green Mountain. Almost a minute after hearing this we run into a Dragon and flee. Lawrence stops to talk to one and Hutch and I are chased by one. I know that regardless of the scenario this goes south.

I understand that when you take someone hostage that they should follow the demands of the aggressor. I can think of many instances where people have initiated and told the hostage not to speak. That doesn't mean that they will not give quality roleplay but they are simply assuring that fact IC and OOC that there is no way for them to contact their allies and alert them of hostilities taking place. With that he did address that he understood not to speak but he did speak in doing so. The demands where clear and simple, "Put your hands up without saying a word, if you speak I am killing you". Almost a second later you hear loud and clear him responding before putting his hands up.

I feel I did not abuse the ruleplay rule and simply chose roleplay over rules. My character does not like the Green Dragons and had just received info that they are actively hunting us down.. after just killing us.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I would like the removal of the Ruleplay and Invalid Execution and to be unbanned.

What could you have done better?: Given him more of a chance before blasting him

Greetings,

The staff team have reviewed your appeal and have come to the conclusion to deny it. Telling your hostage to shut up and stopping them from RPing is not allowed, as per Roland's comments. However, in this case, we understand that you did it to stop his hostage from giving information over to his allies. Had you have continued to not let him speak after his hands were up, it would have been seen as an unreasonable hostage demand. Although you technically had kill rights (because the hostage did speak after he was told to shut up), we have deemed that in this situation, you used the rules to your advantage. We have come to this conclusion because, we feel that you could have furthered the RP by offering torture RP for him speaking out, rather than straight up killing him. We would also like to mention that all of this happened within a split second, you did not give the hostage enough time to process the demand, which also furthers how we have come to the conclusion of the rules being used to your advantage. Due to the verdict being guilty of ruleplay, any kills that come to fruition because of a rulebreak are deemed as invalid, which is why you were also issued a guilty verdict for an invalid kill (roleplayed).

With that said, appeal denied.

Signed by @Saunders + @Hofer