Server time (UTC): 2019-12-06, 11:54 WE ARE RECRUITING
PRISON ESCAPE
TOMORROW | 2019-12-07 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 8 hours, 5 minutes | Event Server
Sign in to follow this  
Crimson_Tiger

Perma-DEATH

Perma-DEATH  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reasonable demands over execution... I like that! When I first joined this server, people warned me that there are people who enslave people over in this town and such. I wish they still existed. It would bring some interesting RP and some amazing stories. So why don't we have that? 

On a side note: Keep up the great discussions everyone and I'm very proud of y'all for keeping it civil. This is what I come for in a Discussions Thread. Well done all of you! 😸

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

13 hours ago, Jsesse White said:

I’d hate the be forced by the rules into perma killing my character with how easy and plentiful people hand out “executions”. Personally - I play a character that is designed to lose, he’s not badass, can barely shoot and has never killed a person. But I was part of a group that had issues with another group, got held hostage when travelling alone and when demands weren’t met - I was executed. No other option and nothing I could do to change the outcome (believe me, I tried haha. Even offered to becomes a slave). I went into hiding for two weeks to figure out rp that would make sense - then returned with multiple wounds. However - I didn’t have to, that wasn’t in the rules and they didn’t ask PK perms - but it just felt weird.

Executions should be a big thing - they should tie stories and make a the victim feel satisfied too, forcing someone to end their thousand hour character due to an execution is a no no right now - with how frequent they are. No one would want to progress to large storylines.

^^

I agree with everything in here. Executions are cool some times, but nobody who is trying to give good RP should be forced to PK.

Edited by William89

Victims may also be executed if there have been several hostile incidents like firefights or torture between the parties in the past. Execution rights can only be used once per individual and incident. Executions do not count as hostile incidents that would be ground to gaining more execution rights.

This was the rule about execution rights in 2016, when I joined. Here, the rule states that it requires a history between both parties (or individuals) to even gain any form of execution rights. This is quite a step up in terms of strictness compared to what we have now. With something such as this it could be completely feasible at allow a PK with a recorded execution (sent to staff). As long as the use of execution rights is valid and the execution is role played out properly.  With these rules, an execution should be far rarer than they are now making a forced PK still rare, but a reality.

Now a note to other people:

Your character is your story, but do remember, all stories must come to an end. Some of these characters have long drawn out grudges and a history of spite with each other and will continue to be eternal because nothing will happen about it. It's boring. It's plain. And nothing will change, unless the attitude towards each other changes. This may be a step forward.

I've suggested a different system before to at least create the atmosphere that no character is invincible:

And I also believe they trialed something similar just after I was permed last year.

I could agree with something like that. Keeping players from playing a character that was executed for a short amount of time. That'd be neat to try out. 

The RP has gone stale and I believe there are more than one reason for this. But one of them is this Winning mentality which keeps players from PKing when it would make sense to do so. 

I voted no while I feel perma death adds to the RP of others victim/assailant I cant see it happening as while people scream gear fear from bases one of the real issues is “character fear” people become so attached to a character they won’t perma because they like them too much or they cba to write up a new backstory for another character.

Some people have characters going 3-4 years even though they’ve been shot,mutilated, executed and died from silly things like falling off something or a car crash .

Some people have 600-1000hrs on characters if they killed them off now im sure some would cry no flame intended that’s just how I see it

I've always enjoyed the permadeath being added to servers, it makes people value their character and interactions alot more. It also makes people more likely to work together because when you know you have one life and it's over you don't want to die. You play the game the way it's ment to be played, it also adds a whole new level of character development and realism. Just my 2 cents on the matter though.

2 hours ago, darkdrewlord said:

No. Why? Because I say so.

Not a healthy argument. 

Anyway y'all, thanks for participating! Appreciate all the feedback!