Server time (UTC): 2019-12-07, 23:02 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
FalkRP

Sickness.

In the new update I have noticed people getting sick and going down to red hunger and red thirst, you also get the sickness icon. Today I opened a can of peaches with a pristine steak knife and had one bite before getting red hunger and red health. If you got tablets it may help but if you haven't got any you are going to die.

I think I read somewhere the devs changed how the health works with food poisoning. Is there anyway to fix this because you got about 5 minutes or less before you die. If possible could we change how it works.

Has anyone had this issue or any other way of fixing yourself? 

Edited by FalkRP

Hrm.

I'm surprised you got sick off of peaches. I opened and ate some (using a can opener) and had no issues. But I did read in the patch notes the same thing, that food poisoning has been tweaked. That doesn't sound like its working as intended though.

The big issue I've seen is canteens/water. Canteens can get you sick once you pick them up. I highly recommend dumping them out (or using chlorine tablets) then using alcohol tincture to disinfect them. I've done this, and have yet to get sick from the three times I've drank/refilled it.

Medical supplies are an incredible scarcity, but once you get sick take charcoal tablets+tetracycline continuously (when the medical symbol goes away, take another round) until cured. This will keep you alive in most cases.

Had the same issue, eating too much will make you empty your stomach. I cooked a piece of food and literally took tiny nibbles and tiny sips of water, let it raise. Then when the arrow began to go down I took another small sip. I did that with a canteen for 10 minutes til I got full but it goes down so fast. Eating/drinking really slowly saved my life as I got down to yellow health. Try my method. I am confident it will keep you alive at the cost of being horribly tedious.

I concur. I've had so many people die because they could do little against the sickness, and I am desperately hanging on to dear life myself.

Idm a bit tougher of a medical system but it doesn't seem to work as intended.

Yea, it's bullshit. It's cholera all over again, anyone remember that patch?

Almost died yesterday but yea, small nibbles of water and food seemed to work, also you can't really run that much when being sick since it drains you so fast.

I actually ended up getting sick off of drinking from a canteen that I picked up, not only did taking small sips of water help bring up your water levels but I started taking continuous vitamin tabs once the pill icon went away. After about 5 rounds of them, the sickness went away.

Yeah this happened to me on Deer Isle. Kinda fucked me over. Medical supplies is essential for survival now. Gotta play smart to survive. I like the new game mechanic. Just wish I knew about it.

How to not get sick:

1. Do not drink from water containers that you have not personally disinfected with rubbing alcohol or chlorine tablets. (Seriously, any canteen or water bottle you find should be emptied onto the ground and disinfected before use.)

2. Check if the food you are attempting to eat has the status "Rotten", obviously dont consume it if it does.

3. Stick to drinking directly from wells to avoid sickness.

There was a small part in the 1.05 changelog that described wild containers having a chance to contain cholera, so its really not worth the risk.

I have a bunch of canteens that I picked up BEFORE the patch that are still in my inventory. Are they safe to drink or should I pour them out and refill at wells? I'm out of chlorine tablets so can't treat them. Haven't really played much post patch due to work. 

14 minutes ago, AramRP said:

I have a bunch of canteens that I picked up BEFORE the patch that are still in my inventory. Are they safe to drink or should I pour them out and refill at wells? I'm out of chlorine tablets so can't treat them. Haven't really played much post patch due to work. 

I would suggest pouring them out, and using either alcohol tincture, disinfectant, or chlorine tablets on them the next time. Just to be absolutely safe.

I had a canteen in inventory that I've continued using, and I haven't gotten sick off at, but not sure if I just got lucky or all old canteens are safe.

On the sidenote - I've been strugglin with pouring things out of water bottle and cannister. I only get the drain option, but when I hold an Item in my hands it only says "drink". There aren't option to cycle action etc. So how does one pour the liquid out to empty bottles and cantines?

ive had this too. I think its one of those things where you need to find the right spot and the option pops up. Its a bit glitchy

@DerrickStorm @andysuter

Hold it in your hand and look DIRECTLY down.