Server time (UTC): 2019-11-12, 09:29
Sign in to follow this  
Jostex

I'm still alive

Hi guys, I'm marco (Merk for friends) from Italy, I got whitelisted a couple years ago but i never used this platform/servers very much for some reasons, so I'm some kind of newcommer. One of the reason is that i use to play with other friends that was bad in english (i'm not so good but I'm better at talking ahahh) and just one of them got whitelisted too, but others improved themselves in English now and they will try to come in the next days, so here I am.

I'm a veteran of dayz and I really like roleplaying, I think I can give a lot to this community like Roleplayer I really try to put myself into the character I created and in the world I'm in, but I'm a noob in forum things, so I decided to start from here.

One of my biggest fear is to be banned or advertised cause I did something wrong, so I'll be glad if anyone could tell us where we can find some friendly roleplayers to improve ourselves in comunity things. Today we played 4 hours around cherno and we haven't found litterally anyone (47 players online). Even because it's ours characters "need" find someone to help ahahahah. So my question is: Are there areas that are much more active than others? Is it metagame to know where these are and try to reach them "casually"?

We would like to become more practical whit rules to create a help group for needy or in troubles players; we will probably be a naturalist, a tourist guide, a cook and a medic. I hope you guys will be glad to meet us in Chernarus 😉 .

Forgive my english,  Merk.

Glad to see you are alive 😁! also welcome to our community lad!

Old but new, welcome to the commnity, Jostex! Your English seems to be just fine to me, don't worry about that, we have plenty of folks around that don't have English as a first language 😁

6 hours ago, Jostex said:

One of my biggest fear is to be banned or advertised cause I did something wrong, so I'll be glad if anyone could tell us where we can find some friendly roleplayers to improve ourselves in comunity things. Today we played 4 hours around cherno and we haven't found litterally anyone (47 players online). Even because it's ours characters "need" find someone to help ahahahah. So my question is: Are there areas that are much more active than others? Is it metagame to know where these are and try to reach them "casually"?

First off, if you want to find some folks to hang with regularly to get a grip on the roleplay, I recommend heading over to the "Survivor looking for group" thread. Fill in a application and see if you get a response! Alternatively, you can browse the group threads and apply to them by sending a message. There's some groups out there that exclusively recruit IC (In Character, meaning through roleplay only) but others also accept OOC applications and within a group you might have a easier time learning the ropes and getting used to the way things work.

When it comes to meeting people in-game, you can roam around the map to see if you find something, heading from city to city etc. If you want reference points, try skimming over the radio threads. Anything that isn't marked "private frequency" is public knowledge that your character is allowed to know, so any information you pick up from there you can use as something that you've heard in-game! That includes locations, too. That way you don't have to worry about feeling like you're meta-gaming when you purposely go to one of the many "hotspots" around the map.

Hopefully I'll see you and your friends around someday, have fun out there!