Server time (UTC): 2020-09-30, 18:28
Sign in to follow this  
JackZRP

New Map - Issues

To be honest, I actually really like it. 

I like the idea of there actually being a level of difficulty due to the lack of weapon spawns on the map. It adds variability to roleplay and I can see it surely making hostile more interesting. 

But on the other hand, loot whoring will be a lot more relevant. 

It's quite hard to see this early, but it'll be interesting to see how the server progresses. 

The Saigas textures are broken and so are the drum mags. Even on the original server, they are broken and invisible. Will this be fixed? 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

11 minutes ago, King said:

To be honest, I actually really like it. 

I like the idea of there actually being a level of difficulty due to the lack of weapon spawns on the map. It adds variability to roleplay and I can see it surely making hostile more interesting. 

But on the other hand, loot whoring will be a lot more relevant. 

It's quite hard to see this early, but it'll be interesting to see how the server progresses. 

I enjoy that military guns are rare. They should be 700+ days into the game.

I'm biased however, cause I don't ever use one 😄

3 minutes ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

The Saigas textures are broken and so are the drum mags. Even on the original server, they are broken and invisible. Will this be fixed? 

Bohemias patch broke this, I believe. It will be fixed eventually.

Just now, Rover said:

Bohemias patch broke this, I believe. It will be fixed eventually.

I can't get on the Island anymore. The server wont load up for me. 

Just now, Crimson_Tiger said:

I can't get on the Island anymore. The server wont load up for me. 

This thread isn't really the place, head to Discord help desk/help channel. 🙂

I am currently wearing a tactical vest and just found an assault vest. The way I see it, I'm now one of the raid bosses on the island. Rob me for epic loot drops. Seriously though, the rarity of the military gear makes it so that when you actually come across someone with an assault rifle, it's something to remember as opposed to something almost commonly brushed off on S1. On Deer Isle, if you come across a guy in military gear with an assault rifle and 2 bodyguards at his side, you know that guy fucks.

Edited by OldSchool

If I remember correctly there was a small issue with the loot table which has been corrected now.

I personally have found 2 AK74's within the past 30m

8 minutes ago, Ducky said:

If I remember correctly there was a small issue with the loot table which has been corrected now.

I personally have found 2 AK74's within the past 30m

Does this mean there is no longer a scarcity of supplies on the island? Because if so, that'd be a damn shame, because I felt it gave things actual value (and I thought this was also intentional).

Just now, Kenyi said:

Does this mean there is no longer a scarcity of supplies on the island? Because if so, that'd be a damn shame, because I felt it gave things actual value (and I thought this was also intentional).

I think the high amount of zombies makes up for that.

As for intentional, no. It was a small error that caused it.

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I think the high amount of zombies makes up for that.

As for intentional, no. It was a small error that caused it.

I suppose that solves the biggest grievance people had with the new map.

It still feels like we could've done with leaving that mistake in, as it added something that people on this server haven't previously really struggled with (the absence of high quality RP weaponry, having to rely on civilian grade or handguns). That with the added difficulty of the increased zombie spawn created a different environment with more incentive to change up your playstyle. We'll see how the fixed loot table will affect the longevity of the map, but I fear that with this Deer Isle will just turn into South Zagoria with more zombies, where the majority walks around with AR's and DMR's and enough ammunition to make the threat of the increased zombie spawn laughable once more.

But again, the map's been up for only a day. Maybe I'll be proven wrong and this will shake things up proper, only time can tell.

I basically used Chernarus values for amount of items spawning at once inside buildings. In Chernarus that value is quite low because there's lots and lots of buildings. On Deer Isle however, there's less buildings so map author doubled the amount of items spawning inside most buildings to compensate. We aren't using authors config though.

This means that even though Deer Isle is using the same loot table as Chernarus, item economy will "fill up" more slowly as there's only so many "slots" for items to spawn in inside a buildings and only so many buildings. This creates scarcity and bottle neck for items to spawn of sorts even though the loot table is the same as on Chernarus.

Just now, Roland said:

I basically used Chernarus values for amount of items spawning at once inside buildings. In Chernarus that value is quite low because there's lots and lots of buildings. On Deer Isle however, there's less buildings so map author doubled the amount of items spawning inside most buildings to compensate. We aren't using authors config though.

This means that even though Deer Isle is using the same loot table as Chernarus, item economy will "fill up" more slowly as there's only so many "slots" for items to spawn in inside a buildings and only so many buildings. This creates scarcity even though the loot table is the same as in Chernarus.

I'm fine with giving this a try really, makes it so all loot isn't taken after 2 days of everyone looting tents, barrels and guns. 

23 minutes ago, Roland said:

This means that even though Deer Isle is using the same loot table as Chernarus, item economy will "fill up" more slowly as there's only so many "slots" for items to spawn in inside a buildings and only so many buildings. This creates scarcity and bottle neck for items to spawn of sorts even though the loot table is the same as on Chernarus.

I approve of this!

The only thing I've seen that made me do a double take was the garage/shed spawns. It seemed like every garage (The large metal car ones, and the multiple door multi-unti ones) was absolutely bursting with doors, tires, batteries, radiators, etc. Like Deer Isle was actually the auto-manufacturing hub of Chernarus.

33 minutes ago, Rover said:

I approve of this!

The only thing I've seen that made me do a double take was the garage/shed spawns. It seemed like every garage (The large metal car ones, and the multiple door multi-unti ones) was absolutely bursting with doors, tires, batteries, radiators, etc. Like Deer Isle was actually the auto-manufacturing hub of Chernarus.

I mean, by technicality the lore did state that Jelenì Ostrovy was affected by a heavy industrial boom 😅

42 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I mean, by technicality the lore did state that Jelenì Ostrovy was affected by a heavy industrial boom 😅

Yeah then Kozlov came round in a janitor jacket and had to clean it up, broom in hand.

Personally had a blast on the new map, feels completely different.

Finding someone and hitting the silence emote when there is 40 infected right beside me was an intense situation, hoping they wouldn't start blabbering. Or when a car drove past my group and we had to hold them off for a solid 5 minutes. The situation I encountered in both RP and PVE were to me brand new and thrilling. The allure won't last foreever but for now, this is some great fun.

What took the cake for me is saving someone from certain death by infected and nearly dying. Clearing out the infected in the building he was hiding onto off, just to have 40 infected that I did not know of swarm out the building. We ended up being stuck in separate rooms trying to come up with a plan on how to get out while talking a bit.

Having to make plans like those carefully considering whats worth engaging, eating and sharing. Where you can find these things and the risks of trusting people that will help you get these things as there is no way you can safely solo loot major locations creates great immersion on my end

I would say loot isn't an issue. Maybe I got lucky but 74u's are common and we found a fair few crash sites. Even with military guns we still wander with shotguns which we found a good 50+ shells per capita.

Truth be told, the map lacks a lot. But hey I've played dayZ since launch, I've seen worse  

TL;DR: New, Intense, May get boring, Broken like DayZ, Loving it immensly.

3 hours ago, OldSchool said:

I am currently wearing a tactical vest and just found an assault vest. The way I see it, I'm now one of the raid bosses on the island. Rob me for epic loot drops. Seriously though, the rarity of the military gear makes it so that when you actually come across someone with an assault rifle, it's something to remember

Ima remember robbing his ass that’s for sure 

I got spotted in a mil, ended up grabbing around 5 zombies has to use my gun because I was stuck those 5 zombies turned into 150 and I ended up using all 4 mags for my 74u and 20 shotgun shells. Once they were all dead more spawned literally in front of my eyes got stuck in another building. Let’s say after the airfield and big military compound I ended up losing more than I gained due to the shit loot

Edited by WongRP

I found:

2x M4s

3x AKMs

6x 1911s

4x CZ-75

4x APS

2x AK-74u

And I lost count on the amount of shotguns and Makarovs I saw. I abandoned ALL of them for just a shotgun and APS. The ammo is scarce for them and I LOVE it. So I took what I had ammo for and I'm happy. All I need is medical equipment then I have beaten the game. 

There is a swamp area to the north I love being in. But the rest of the map and some of the towns feel... empty... the only issue I have is the map feels incomplete and in a lot of ways, it shows. Walk through massive fields and nothing around and then you come across a batch of trees. I haven't had a single issue with zombies either. It's disease that has killed me. There is a lack of meds though. Anti-bionics are hard to come by. Harder than in Chernarus. I like the loot as it is. Thanks for fixing it. 

Anyone else feel that way too?

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

My two hours on Deer Isle -

*Bela picks up a pen and starts to write in her journal*

I caught the ferry over to Deer Isle yesterday.

After looting on the coast and finding little of value including a water bottle or canteen, I decided to head inland to explore and hopefully find supplies.  I ended up heading back to the coast once I realized the interior was pretty much barren, plus, I was getting thirsty.

Back on the coast, I found a shotgun to go with the shells I found earlier.  Still no water or drink (food was not a problem, though).  I continued following the coast until I came upon a prison-like military base.  I was very thirsty by that time, so, I hopped on a broken down military truck and fired a round at a nearby infected.  I used up all except four shells killing the small horde that eventually surrounded me. I searched their pockets and found some ammo (no shot gun shells) and, thank God, a life-saving Pipsi.  

I drank the Pipsi and moved on a bit to search for guns and such.  Found two AK-74Us and two canteens filled with lovely fresh spring water.  Both AKs were broken or I didn’t know how to use them.  Not sure which.

I met two amiable guys near the barracks and then ran for shelter when one discharged his weapon to kill an infected soldier.  50 plus dead infected later I helped them melee the last few after they ran out of ammo.  After introductions and goodbyes were finished, I headed to the nearest building, found a room with a bed, and called it a night.

Will I continue my Deer Isle adventure?  Most likely, yes.  There are still coastal regions to explore and infected to avoid.  Plus I met two top-notch guys yesterday. . . John and Dale, if I heard their names correctly, that is.

*With the entry finished, Bela chews on the top of her pen as she thinks about her dead brother, Arno, and the man who killed him*

Lots of infected, railroad tracks that end abruptly, barren interior, glitched guns, too much clothing lying about and not enough drinks. Not really sure how long I’ll stay on Deer Isle, but, I’m willing to give it the old college try.  At least for a few days.  

6 hours ago, King said:

Has anyone actually found an assault rifle yet? 

I have an m249 and @Derek Steel has a Scar

I have not played Deer Isle yet but it seems people are too used to finding high end military loot easily and being top dog with said loot; it sounds like its a nice change people having to adapt with large amounts of zombies and weapons that are not as effective. DayZ is supposed to be a survival game, so doesn't that mean it should hold some challenge to it too?

Edited by Venob0ss

8 hours ago, andysuter said:

Well hes got one on his back so i guess so.

Also found an M249 where I found that Scar

3 hours ago, TheDeepOne said:

Anyone finding Jerrycans? Haven't seen a single one yet. It's been 5 long days.

Yep. But I dont have a car so I left it.