Server time (UTC): 2019-12-05, 20:57 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
JackZRP

New Map - Issues

There is a severe lack of Assault rifles is an issue as about 10 of us have played for hours now and not seen 1 of them. Nothing to do with PVP other people have tried to imply, the increased amount of zombies needs to accompanied by the  increased weapon spawns. Yes it's an RP server so it would be better to actually RP instead of trying to avoid zombies or spend large amounts of time and ammo shooting the endless waves like it's CoD WaW.

I Ran to the airfield and ther was nothing besides clothing, a landmine, some smoke grenades, and an MP5 and the Vityaz. There was only 2 people (me and another dude). that should definitely be fixed.

Texture overlay bugs. Spots where building/sidewalks overlay and it causes a wierd flashy bug.

To the people complaining about "tHiS iS aN rP sErVeR", we should clarify a few things.

1. This is a video game. I want to have fun and being able to find cool things like sniper rifles and assault rifles is a part of that. No, I don't need them to RP, but the fun part of DayZ itself is finding cool shit to help you survive. Let's not forget that we are playing a survival game which means that acquiring the best possible equipment is key to one of those elements within the game.
  2. If pistols or other weapons were actually viable, then no one would complain, but pistols and anything that isn't a military weapon is shit and they are like paintball guns or pea-shooters. If the MP5 or UMP could actually kill people like they use to be able to, then there wouldn't be a problem. Does anyone remember when the UMP was one of the best guns you could have in close quarters? I do and I want that back.
Edited by Zero

image.png.6dde377725aeff8e00b27914c1adf4b8.png

It christmas

But ye stuff like the above, textures clipping and flashing, too many infected.
I was in an area in the middle of nowhere with about 4 infected. I decided to shoot but somehow got swarmed by 50 that came out of literally nowhere. They couldn't have been in the trees since I circled the area to check. They seem to have absolute super hearing right now.

This current map and its loot table and zombies in a video

So after a few hours of gameplay:

I found 5 of the break action rifles IZh80 or whatever.

1 Pump shotgun.

4 Makarovs

1 MKII, almost 230 rounds  of ammunition, and 3 magazines.

1 1911, 3 magazines.

3 CR75s, 5 magazines.

Looks like its handguns galore, I hadn't even seen a 1911 on S1 before.

Infected are much more numerous, but in the areas I visited they were not greviously so.

I refused to drink from anything except soda, and was able to find enough to keep going.

Military gear seems lower, but the real shocker to me was its like a damn car factory exploded. Every garage/shed I went into had radiators, tires, and doors like crazy.

EDIT:

My opening spawn on the beach led to me finding an axe, then needing to thunderdome three wolves.

Welcome to Deer Isle.

DayZ_Screenshot_2019_09.03_-_20_54_33_74.png.b14492a646e24c0bca6712382aa3a672.png

I found the secret to deer island. Helicrashes.

Been playing it for about 2 hours. I really think that the "not enough loot" complains are unfounded. I found everything needed to survive very quickly.  I had enough shotgun shells that I split half of what I had with another survivor and still had around 80, on top of that I'm carrying 5 pistols.There's a difference between "I can't find anything" and "I can't find the things I want". Also, about the infected, I've never seen more 3-4 in a single place, and when I shot to kill them, gathered no more than 12. So my experience with the map is very different from what is being depicted in many of the posts.

EDIT: Found a multiple Saigas, they have a texture problem and the magazine is invisible with floating shells, but it seems to be still functional. Don't know if this has anything to do with the map mod or the weapon mod as I have never seen a Saiga on the regular map.

Edited by OldSchool

Loot seems to be all out of whack to be honest.

Infected, don't even get me started. The amount of times i've been chased by 20 plus zombies even when trying to sneak around is unreal. I was having a conversation with someone and then proceeded to be surrounded by 20 zombies because of the reaction to voice.

Had to sit inside multiple buildings for almost 20+ minutes just to be able to get back out to roleplay because of the amounts of zombies. This was by the end of the night after spending hours just to loot one area to attempt to gain ammo so that I could get out of the area.

Screenshot_136.png.b3779749745e67e38c1da8aa5cac722e.png

I get increased infected with the lore, but maybe just nerf it slightly so that I can enjoy having a conversation with someone and not be surrounded by a hoarde of zombies.

If you are keeping the infected as they are, then loot needs to be upped.

Edited by PhoenyxxRP

8 hours ago, Jackfish said:

I don't really see the problem with the infected. Its a zombie apocalypse, zombies should be a threat. 

Less guns means you need a plan to enter towns (You can get some good RP from doing so), not just run around and shoot them like its nothing.

Ofcours alot of infected is bad for PVP but then again, we are a RP server ❤️. Maybe people will think twice before initiating.  

I do think some more guns should be added. Not to much, just a few.

100% agree with this. I think it's great that s2 is now a different experience to s1. 

It's been one day since the new map got released and the prime grievance I'm getting from this is about "not enough military loot and too many zombies". Honestly, I'm feeling a little disheartened by the fact that we're not giving this map a fair shake before we immediately express our concerns for it not being as easy as on the mainland. Wasn't the whole purpose of this new map to shake things up instead of having the same stale environment as we had in South Zagoria?

I personally am enjoying the fact that it's harder to survive out on the island. That you have to approach things with a whole different mindset. No longer can you just run through a city and expect to come out of it alive. No longer can you just shoot guns and not expected to get swarmed by what is supposed to be the whole reason the world went to shit. It really drives home the feeling that we're in a actual apocalypse where humanity lost against the zombies due to the sheer number of them. Because on the mainland, it doesn't feel that way at all. In fact, with the sparse amount of zombies on the mainland make me wonder why we act like it's the end of the world because they are literally zero threat.

I can't remember the last time on the previous map where I was actually scared for my life when zombies started pouring in after I shot once. I can't even remember the last time I had to run from them. Deer Isle has been a breath of fresh air in that regard and I'm loving that. It requires adjustment to the fact that you're no longer the top dog in this world, that spot has been taken by ravenous hordes of infected. There should be less "We need more guns because there's too many infected" and more "we need to avoid the infected because there's not enough guns" mentality going on in my opinion.

And when it comes to the lack of "proper" firearms, I'm coming to enjoy that too. Not only does it force people to not rely on the biggest and best gun available, but learn to make due with what they can find instead. All guns are viable to a point if you don't just haphazardly use them like you have nothing to fear. To have a gun as a last resort and actually feel threatened by the environment instead of the only real threat being another human being with a assault rifle.

Not to mention that assault rifles (and other "good" guns) have actual value now. What more reason would people now need to rob someone if they see that they are carrying something that is so incredibly hard to find? It makes robbing someone more of a challenge and adds a extra layer of risk, because robbing a man with a good gun while having inferior equipment yourself will require some good planning and execution as opposed to jamming your M4 in their face and demanding they drop theirs.

I'd love for it to stay as it is now. In fact, I enjoy the fact it's on a separate hive too, as it makes a clear line between the island life and the mainland life. I know this probably won't be the case, but keeping the two servers separated would ensure that S1 in the long run doesn't become the "gear up" server where people go to find good loot to use on S2 too. But we'll see how that goes.

Edited by Kenyi
Grammar is hard.

5 hours ago, Kenyi said:

100% agree. Roland lowered the amount of infected and upped the loot already for some reason.

Its a shame we dont do anything to change the state of RP and we keep things the same, just because one small group of people wants it. 

But I guess thats where this community has turned into.

Edited by Jackfish

1 hour ago, Kenyi said:

There should be less "We need more guns because there's too many infected" and more "we need to avoid the infected because there's not enough guns" mentality going on in my opinion.

And when it comes to the lack of "proper" firearms, I'm coming to enjoy that too. Not only does it force people to not rely on the biggest and best gun available, but learn to make due with what they can find instead. All guns are viable to a point if you don't just haphazardly use them like you have nothing to fear. To have a gun as a last resort and actually feel threatened by the environment instead of the only real threat being another human being with a assault rifle.

Not to mention that assault rifles (and other "good" guns) have actual value now. What more reason would people now need to rob someone if they see that they are carrying something that is so incredibly hard to find? It makes robbing someone more of a challenge and adds a extra layer of risk, because robbing a man with a good gun while having inferior equipment yourself will require some good planning and execution as opposed to jamming your M4 in their face and demanding they drop theirs.

Hit the nail on the head with this. There isn't a lack of loot or firearms, I think people are just outright discarding or ignoring weapons that they find sub-optimal, because would the fuck would wanna be caught with a Makarov in their hand amirite? I've been leaving dozens of shotgun shells boxes behind because I keep finding them, that and .380 ACP and .22 LR. I'm carrying 3 pistols and a shotgun at this moment, if I picked up every gun I found I'd have well over 12 shotguns, about 7 or 8 BK-18's, a couple of K98's, 3 CR-75's, 2 Colt 1911, 2 engraved Colt 1911, 2 IJ-70(Makarov), a suppressed Makarov and a CR-61 Skorpion. There isn't a lack of loot, maybe there's a lack of the weapons you WANT, that doesnt mean loot is insufficient or broken, it just means you're too picky. Take what's given to you and roll with it.

07413FA617790C491B47DBC12C15DB7163070CCB

Edited by OldSchool

32 minutes ago, Jackfish said:

100% agree. Roland lowered the amount of infected and upped the loot already for some reason.

Scratch that, I rolled it back 😄 

Ive yet to have any real time on Deer isle but reading the comments im so glad its harder and people are complaining about no military guns. I guess its going to split the community a bit. Those that want somewhere to run around with no real concern other than PVP from other players, and those that want a more hardcore experience where the real threat is the actual infected. If that happens, I can see myself spending most of my time on Deer Isle.

Loot honestly seems like it is in a bad spot at the moment, I 100% agree with most others on this one. I haven't found any high end military weaponry yet and I've circled most military bases about three times in a row now. I have not found a helicopter crash yet, however to the people that are saying that just because we aren't finding the exact weaponry that we WANT to find easily it doesn't necessarily mean that we are PICKY, and I don't think saying that is fair at all. I also haven't found any explosives or high end ammunition such as (5.56x45, 7.62x39 & .308)

I've also had struggles finding specific colored clothing such as: Tactical Helmets, Plate Carriers, Tactical Belts & Pouches. Same thing goes for 60rnd Mags or 75rnd Drum Mags for the high end military weaponry. Quality of Life is rather important, and personally for myself it makes it more appealing when it is high. In my opinion you should be able to go out for about 2-3 hours and find everything you wish for and then be good until you die. Being able to find the equipment you wish for a lot easier is Quality of Life to me. I rather be able to find loot easier then searching for something for hours upon hours to only be afraid that I'll lose it at somepoint and that I'll have to search to find it for hours once again.

I don't personally mind how the Infected are at this very moment, but to balance it out I do feel like the loot has to be upped most definitely. Just thought I'd share my opinion with y'all!

The amount infected I had to deal with once I visited one of the military locations

20190904064807_1.jpg

20190904065008_1.jpg

Edited by hAwkzyy

2 hours ago, OldSchool said:

Hit the nail on the head with this. There isn't a lack of loot or firearms, I think people are just outright discarding or ignoring weapons that they find sub-optimal, because would the fuck would wanna be caught with a Makarov in their hand amirite? I've been leaving dozens of shotgun shells boxes behind because I keep finding them, that and .380 ACP and .22 LR. I'm carrying 3 pistols and a shotgun at this moment, if I picked up every gun I found I'd have well over 12 shotguns, about 7 or 8 BK-18's, a couple of K98's, 3 CR-75's, 2 Colt 1911, 2 engraved Colt 1911, 2 IJ-70(Makarov), a suppressed Makarov and a CR-61 Skorpion. There isn't a lack of loot, maybe there's a lack of the weapons you WANT, that doesnt mean loot is insufficient or broken, it just means you're too picky. Take what's given to you and roll with it.

Hide contents

07413FA617790C491B47DBC12C15DB7163070CCB

I see you are a man of taste as well. The MK II  and I are rocking out on Deer Island. Even a .22 is one shot headshots to zombies, and 50 round boxes are amazing. 😄

I haven't looked at the real map of Deer Isle yet, I'm just enjoying walking around, exploring, and living. Its not as bad as people were cracking it up to be, and I've got enough hours in there now I feel comfortable saying that. Play smart and you can get by fine. I fucked up once and got dogpiled by infected, but at that point I had enough ammo to just shoot them down. Keep in mind, I found them deeper in the island, not near the beach. (I found wolves at the beach 😄 )

Has anyone actually found an assault rifle yet? 

I do enjoy the challenge with infected, it makes them a threat again. (Did you know you can sneak past them by crouching? 🙂 you're welcome) 
I did find a lot of shotgun shells and a LOT of clothing?! Its insane how much *stuff* is around, but its not the stuff people want. I would like to find a big automatic somewhere, and I think the infected need fixing a LITTLE bit so you don't get like 500 swarming you but it is kinda fun to sneak around right now and try planning stuff.
I suspect it will get old fast but... 

Its mostly the texture stuff that is bothering me, and invisible stairs and trees in weird places.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Scratch that, I rolled it back 😄 

Thanks dad. ❤

1 minute ago, King said:

Has anyone actually found an assault rifle yet? 

Well hes got one on his back so i guess so.

Lorewise its a bit weird tbh, i get that there should be more ''infected'' but if the island has truly been unmanned for all this time the airfields/military bases should be filled with military weapons. Honestly i wouldnt mind keeping the infected as it is now but increasing the (higher tier) weapon spawn / ammo should really be a thing. Played atleast 4 hours last night and only got to fill a single mp5 mag.

No need to increase it to a point its the same on S1, but a couple extra rifle's is really welcome.