Server time (UTC): 2019-11-15, 01:15
Deer Isle Purge
ONGOING | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Ends in 19 hours, 44 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
Crimson_Tiger

MEGAPHONES!!!

MEGAPHONE!  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Group A: *with megaphone* "Surrender your weapons and open the gates!"
Group B: *no megaphone* "No! Come to the gate and lets talk!"
Group A: "What did he say? I can't hear him." *with megaphone* "SURRENDER YOUR WEAPONS AND OPEN THE GATES!"
Group B: *frantically tries to signal to Group A to come to the gate* "Come here so we can talk!"
Group A: "What are they doing? Are they flipping us off? Fuck it!" *with megaphone* "WE WARNED YOU!" 

And the siege commences. 

Megaphones are very useful tools for communication but not every group or person carries one. I was involved in a siege where the group, I was helping, didn't have a megaphone and the attacking group did. They didn't want to come talk to us. They just made threats with a megaphone so they could initiate on us with little effort or consequence. I have seen both sides where defenders had a megaphone but the attackers did not, and vice versa. 

I'm in favor of removing the ability to initiate using a megaphone. Communication of terms or surrender or other fun RP like yelling at your work force or issuing orders with a megaphone is good and fun and it provides RP but initiation for a hostile action, I believe it should be in person at the same communication range as everyone else. This is done in real life as well. Two highest ranks meet and talk and when they return to their respective lines, then the battle begins. Sounds formal but it would make Hostile RP far more clear and more dynamic instead of just yelling over a megaphone. 

What do y'all think? Should we be allowed to initiate with megaphones or should we keep it face to face? I'd love to hear y'alls feedback! Please vote on what you like or explain your reasoning. I appreciate all the view points everyone has and look forward to y'alls participation! Thank y'all! 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger
Grammar

Initiations with megaphones need to follow the rules of a standard initiation. This makes most uses of initiating via a megaphone not viable.  It is possible to validly initiate with a megaphone, just challenging.

1 minute ago, Rover said:

Initiations with megaphones need to follow the rules of a standard initiation. This makes most uses of initiating via a megaphone not viable.  It is possible to validly initiate with a megaphone, just challenging.

So then, it sounds like to me, correct me if I 'm wrong that both the attackers and defenders NEED to have a megaphone and if the attacking party has a megaphone but the defender doesn't, then the attacker has to initiate in person instead of a megaphone. Otherwise the initiation is voided. Is that correct or am I mis-interrupting? 

7 minutes ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

So then, it sounds like to me, correct me if I 'm wrong that both the attackers and defenders NEED to have a megaphone and if the attacking party has a megaphone but the defender doesn't, then the attacker has to initiate in person instead of a megaphone. Otherwise the initiation is voided. Is that correct or am I mis-interrupting? 

I am sorry, I tried to parse the above but I am honestly not sure what you are trying to ask me. I'll try to clarify.

You in no way require a megaphone to get initiated on validly  Megaphone initiations must meet all criteria of a normal initiation. They do not have special rules or circumstances around them, other then they must comply with rule 4.1

EDIT: The reason to use a megaphone for an initiation is to initiate from a distance. The act of doing that is more then likely going to break rule 4.1, which is why its not advised to initiate via megaphone. But the act of doing it is not against the rules, it just has to comply with 4.1

- USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST -