Server time (UTC): 2019-10-22, 17:35
Sign in to follow this  
Bobby

Invalid Initiation Appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/99511-kos-at-pogorevka/

Why the verdict is not fair: 

It’s not fair because the initiation was valid, The group of people knew me and were talking to me for a fair bit prior to the initiation so they knew what I was wearing, they knew what direction I went when I ran to the wall [Look at the video evidence provided by @Jim Smokes] The rule that I was told I broke was

“4.1 All initiations and hostile actions as well as their demands and conditions must be made clear and unambiguous to all involved players. Hostile actions or initiations must be done personally and on specific targets who must be aware who the attacker is, for example they cannot be done remotely through radio or PA system.” 

My initiation was simple and precise, used it so many times before and so many others have used it, I said “All of you put your fucking hands up right now or im gonna fucking shoot you” which is what happened, the rule doesn’t say anything about being behind cover while initating so the verdict is incorrect, I followed all the proper rules regarding the initiation from a demand followed by a threat on their lives, they were told what to do and they knew where I was as you can hear me from both videos provided in report, Voip can be used to track where people are, say I had initiated via text then its a different situation because they can’t figure out where I am. They knew where I was, because they saw me walk in that direction and they knew where I was through my VOIP. I did not initiate through a megaphone or PA system, i was right next to the wall across from them when they all lined up in the open.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: 

An entire discussion relating to this situation came up and caused a lot of discussion between community members about this verdict and how it was indeed following the rules.
36 people agree that the initiation was valid as of writing this appeal. 

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: 

Ban and points removed. 

What could you have done better?: 

By what staff has said, I guess initiate standing right infront of them not using cover (?)

Greetings,

A separate team of staff members have reviewed your appeal and have come to the conclusion to accept it. As an attacker, you have a duty to ensure that your initiation is clear and unambiguous to all involved players. In this situation, you role played with another group of players for some time before moving behind a wall and hiding. You then drop an initiation that is clear and concise by directing it at the other group of players that you have just role played with. As you had role played with the group in the house prior to the initiation and were the only player to stay over that side, alongside the fact that your initiation had clear demands and consequences (all of you put your hands up, or you will be killed) and the fact that it was clear in which direction the initiation came from via VOIP chat, your initiation will be deemed valid and all remaining days banned and points will be removed.

We would like to make it clear to all players that initiating from behind a wall is allowed, as long as the defenders know exactly who it is that is initiating from behind a wall. In this specific case, the staff team have deemed this to be the case for the reasons given above and therefore the appeal will be accepted.

With that said, appeal accepted.

Signed by @Saunders@Derek Steel + @Samti