Server time (UTC): 2019-10-23, 13:54
Sign in to follow this  
Eagle

Punch

After my appeal was done here, it has been set in stone that no matter the context of why people do punches you will get banned for invalid initiation even though it made perfect sense to punch the guy out of something I could tackle him out of or simply reach and stop him from doing so but since this is a game with limiting mechanics it had to be done to stop the animation, it is then made clear for him to leave the compound but he acts dumb he was fully aware what was being told to him and acted upon but yet the context to why matters little to the GM's.
A punch in itself is not an initiation it gives rights yes but it's not an initiation meaning that my group gains no rights from me doing so or my friends but in this case I do 0 dmg to him lucky me I guess, he sprays several others and gets gunned down for it. 
Why is this even a thing? That means if I get punched randomly even by a mistake I can simply get them banned for Invalid initiation because why not...

Asking the man that was quoted in all of the answers given for this verdict to understand it better @Roland

Edited by Eagle

Hello Eagle (o7)

One cannot get banned for invalid initiation per say, invalid initiation is just a condition that then leads to other rule breaks (invalid kill for example if someone gets killed using non-existing rights from an invalid initiation). As such verdict for your punishment should be renamed from "Invalid initiation" to "Attempted invalid kill".

Any attack on a player that deals damage is considered a hostile action that the player can defend themselves from. If that wasn't the case, some situations could be used to damage other players and face no repercussions. Obviously the retaliation for the punch is a choice of the person being punched. I know for a fact people continue to role play things like torture or fight clubs and don't see the need to use their defender rights from punches, because it's all done for role play.

Sign in to follow this