Server time (UTC): 2019-11-19, 11:35
Sign in to follow this  
William89

We all are the DayZRP community

Hello! I would like to start by congratulating the DayZRP community for being extremely friendly and mature. I am impressed to find a place like this in the middle of the internet, and I am happy to share my free time with you 🙂

However, for some time I have seen a trend to increasingly ban more and more people... For this reason, I would like to ask the community to be more forgiving and to write less reports, even if rules are broken some times... BUT I know that this will not be possible! XD!

For this reason, I would like to propose two suggestions, which are possible:

1) Ban the permaban. Nobody should ever be permabanned, in my opinion, unless he is a hacker or someone extremely toxic. I propose substituting the permaban for longer (6 month-1 year) bans.

2) Offer an amnesty to all those people who were previously permabanned. I want to ask the community to forgive them, and I also want to ask them to forgive the community.

I think that at this point we all miss people. We have lost too many voices! @JoffreyRP @MoodyOG @groovy cali @Joah @aeryes (even his page was removed, like he never existed!) @shipwreck117 @NorwayRP @Cipher @KyleRP @StewieRP...

I really think doing this would be extremely beneficial for the community. It would reduce tensions OOC, and it would bring back some great RPers! Please, listen to me! 🙂

Edited by William89

There's already an amnesty system in place.

They can apply just like anyone else.

I can respect your opinion on this. Personally I have no negative issues with any of these people. In fact my fun RP hasn't been affected at all by thier absense. But there is a point system and your points go away if you remain well behaved after 30 days. They are given chances to correct thier behavior and time to adjust and even to let the points go away. 

Perma-banning should be for the most severe but I can agree with year long bans. People can change. Some will but some wont. Each player is unique and so is each case. Something to remember though... the internet gives people animosity. If you could do or say some something and never get caught, would you do it? The "correct" answer is all based on your personal philosophy. So if someone comes back from a one year ban, will they continue doing what got them banned in the first place? From my personal experience, yes they did.

1 hour ago, William89 said:

However, for some time I have seen a trend to increasingly ban more and more people... For this reason, I would like to ask the community to be more forgiving and to write less reports, even if rules are broken some times... BUT I know that this will not be possible! XD!   

I do believe in second chances but if someone broke the rules, they should be reported. They have every opportunity to correct themselves and have the points go away. Repeat offenders shouldn't get leaincy. You can be forgiven for your first go around but repeat that mistake many times over, sorry. 

To conclude my thoughts, less permanent bans and more long time bans. Give people a chance to go through the amnesty protocol, which the staff team does already. Break less rules not less reports. And keep "repeat offenders" OUT. 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

Asking people to report less even If rules are broken? 

Nah dude, breaking less rules is the way to go 😄

Yeah, no. We already have this system you ask for in place.

Closing.