Server time (UTC): 2019-11-18, 20:08
Sign in to follow this  
sick

S1: KoS at Dichina Military Base

Server and location: S1: Military base in Dichina (I'm not 100% sure)

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 18:00

Your in game name: Viktor Mrazek

Names of allies involved: Noone.

Name of suspect/s: Unknown, no initiation happened and I didn't even hear his voice.

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): No vehicles were involved.

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): My computer isn't the best, I can't run DayZ properly with a recording software running; hence I have no evidence, but I trust logs will serve fine.

Detailed description of the events: So I was looting through a military base, and all of a sudden I hear someone running around in the building I'm in. I build a good angle and keep aiming, waiting for the person to come. As soon I got visual and realized the person has no gun out, I said "Stop right there, freeze!" And repeated the pharse a few times. I got no response other than the person stopping a meter away from me facing me, when all of a sudden he took out a wepon and shot me dead. There was no initiation from his side whatsoever. Keep in mind my character wasn't planning on causing any harm, and was justifying his actions rather as being cautious, and making sure strangers are no harm to him, before continuing on his way (I roleplay Viktor as someone very secretive and distrustful).

Edited by sick

Connection Logs:

Spoiler
17:35:04 | Player "Viktor Mrazek" is connected 
-DEAD-

17:34:43 | Player "Tyler Lorenze" is connected

Hit Logs:

Spoiler
18:05:07 | Player "Viktor Mrazek"[HP: 93.07] hit by Player "Tyler Lorenze" into RightArm(17) for 21 damage (Bullet_380) with Stechkin APS from 3.03713 meters 
18:05:07 | Player "Viktor Mrazek"[HP: 72.2808] hit by Player "Tyler Lorenze" into Head(0) for 10.5 damage (Bullet_380) with Stechkin APS from 3.02588 meters 
18:05:07 | Player "Viktor Mrazek"[HP: 51.2808] hit by Player "Tyler Lorenze" into Head(0) for 10.5 damage (Bullet_380) with Stechkin APS from 3.01641 meters 
18:05:07 | Player "Viktor Mrazek" (DEAD)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Tyler Lorenze" into Head(0) for 10.5 damage (Bullet_380) with Stechkin APS from 3.00144 meters 
18:05:08 | Player "Viktor Mrazek" (DEAD)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Tyler Lorenze" into Head(0) for 10.5 damage (Bullet_380) with Stechkin APS from 3.09075 meters 
18:05:08 | Player "Viktor Mrazek" (DEAD)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Tyler Lorenze" into Head(0) for 21 damage (Bullet_380) with Stechkin APS from 3.23857 meters 
18:05:08 | Player "Viktor Mrazek" (DEAD)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Tyler Lorenze" into Brain(37) for 21 damage (Bullet_380) with Stechkin APS from 3.23857 meters 

Kill Logs:

Spoiler
18:05:07 | Player "Viktor Mrazek" (DEAD) killed by Player "Tyler Lorenze" with Stechkin APS from 3.00144 meters 

Calling in to post PoV's:

@sick | Viktor Mrazek | POSTED
@OpticVC | Tyler Lorenze | POSTED

Please post a FULL and DETAILED POV and any VIDEO EVIDENCE you have

Tyler Lorenze POV:

I am looting around the south barracks at Northwest airfield, when I run into @sick. I have no gun in my hands, and the man says, "Freeze. Hands up." I run around the corner, pull out my pistol and shoot the man who initiated on me. There was no prior conversation or roleplay leading to this initiation. 

I would like to point out that @OpticVC did not run behind any cover prior to taking his weapon out. He took it out right infront of me, there was no way he could've ran behind cover and still shoot me from 3 meters, as we were in a hallway in the barracks, which is very long.

Edited by sick

I ran into a room, pulled out my gun, then shot you. I will not go back and forth with you any further until a GM tells me to post another response. Thank you.

Addition: He did not properly roleplay gun fear. Realistically he should've complied as he was aimed at by an automatic rifle that he would've been torn apart by. I understand this isn't the first rule violation on OpticVC's account, hence he likely has a mentality suggesting this kind of ingame behaviour.

Edited by sick

Verdict:

@OpticVC - Invalid Kill (roleplayed) - NOT GUILTY

Reason:

The staff team have reviewed the evidence provided within the report and have come to the conclusion as shown above. In this situation, @sick initiates on @OpticVC by shouting "Stop right there, freeze!", OpticVC responds by pulling out a pistol, resulting in Sick being shot and killed. @sick as you had initiated on OpticVC, he had every right to pull out his weapon and kill you. You must understand that once you have initiated on another player, they have two options, option one is to comply, option two is to not comply and this case, OpticVC chose to not comply by pulling out his weapon and killing you.

Keep this in mind for the next time you find yourself in a situation like this, as reporting something that is clearly not a rule break and more out of spite could be seen as a false report. However, the staff team have discussed and agreed that this is not a report made out of spite, but a report made due to you not fully understanding the hostility rules. We strongly recommend that you re-read the rules regarding hostilities and if still unsure, drop one of us Gamemasters a private message and we will happily answer any questions that you may have.

Outcome:

@OpticVC - Invalid Kill (roleplayed) - NO ACTION TAKEN

Signed by @Saunders + @Hofer