Server time (UTC): 2019-10-23, 13:55
Sign in to follow this  
AramRP

THREAD MODES ARAM ESKANDARIAN, 2ND MATE ON THE 'MV ANTARCTIC STAR' (CHARACTER INTRO)

Posted (edited)

Excerpt of the personal journal  belonging to Aram Eskandarian, 2nd Mate on the Liberian registered Container Ship 'MV ANTARCTIC STAR'.

July 2, 2017

This will be a bittersweet homecoming. I've been away at sea for almost six months and I've decided to fly back home to Yerevan at our next port of call. After Alan's death, my marriage completely fell apart. Nora couldn't bear to look at me; she said she only sees his face when she looks at me. No parent should ever have to bury their child. Going out to sea was always meant to be an escape and I can't run away from my problems forever. There are words I should have said to her immediately after the divorce...I must put this right. 

The Captain's been really understanding of my situation and has granted me early leave. I'm surprised Vasilios is letting me go to be honest, I guess behind that stone cold heart is a man after all. Even after six months with this crew, I still can't believe the contrast between Vasilios (The Stoic Greek) and our happy go lucky Filipino Chief Mate Francisco (The Joker). How in the World did these two seemingly polar opposites end up working with each other? 

Captain Vasilios has decided to make a quick Port of Call on Chernogorsk. The crew will disembark for some much needed R&R while I take the first flight home. 

July 7, 2017

Francisco and a couple of crew members must have caught the flu, they're hacking away like no tomorrow. I better not get sick, I'll really be annoyed. Goddamn sailors and their port of calls, it's as if these horn dogs immediately drop their pants when they hit a port. 

July 9, 2017

The Captain is cutting shore leave short and we are to depart immediately. Armed conflict has broken out throughout the country. Even as I write this I can hear the distant sounds of artillery fire in my hotel room. I vaguely remember reading about political tensions awhile ago but I had too much on my mind to pay attention. What exactly are the Chernarussians fighting for again? Flying out is no longer an option as one of the factions has seized the local airport. I guess I'll have to finish this trip with everyone else. 

July 10, 2017

Rebel forces have taken over the city! A couple of crew members were caught in the crossfire while the rest of us have been confined to the vessel by rebel troops. A rebel commander and his unit tore the ship apart looking for 'stowaway traitors'. They ended up hauling away some of the goods we were shipping, no doubt to help their military effort. Satisfied with his looting, he then ordered the ship to depart immediately. Captain Vasilios was adamant about not leaving any of the unaccounted crew behind but his protests were to no avail; there's not much he could do with a dozen rifles pointing at him and a tank's main gun trained on the ship's bow. 

July 12, 2017

The mood on the ship is grim. The Captain is devastated about leaving crew members behind and is cursing the Chernarussians. The waters have also grown increasingly stormy and the Captain has given orders to not stray too close to shore for fear of being beached. Meanwhile this flu seems to be breaking out like wildfire throughout the ship. Francisco seems like he's suffering from some kind of fever but he insists he's still capable of doing his job. 

July 13, 2017

What the hell is going on?!!! The Captain just shot The First Mate in the head! Francisco was sitting quietly at his station when he suddenly lunged up and bit into the throat of our helmsman João. The radio officer Pavel and myself tried to pull Francisco off but he was immediately on me. My God the man was impossibly strong! The same fate that befell our Brazilian helmsman would have happened to me if not for the Captain and his sidearm. As this went on we could hear shouts and commotion echoing along the lower decks. The Captain gave the order to lock the bridge until he can assess the situation. During the struggle on the bridge, the ship wheel was turned portside onto shore and into the rocks and we must have hit something. Goddamit! 

July 14, 2017

We're beached. The rock that tore into the side of the ship forced the Captain to beach the ship rather than lose her completely. We tried the PA early this morning and received no reply from the lower decks....only silence. Captain Vasilios issued orders to abandon the vessel as soon as we can. As Pavel and myself made preparations to depart, the Captain consulted the nautical maps. Thankfully we're beached on the Chernarus mainland near a place called....Rify. 

To be continued........... 

OOC: I tried to place the events of this story alongside the events of Arma2. I believe Dayz is supposed to take place in an alternate timeline alongside Arma2. I've tried to write a realistic 'ordinary' character. Aram has no real military skills and is not an expert 'survivalist'. I've written him as a city dwelling Armenian, with his only survival experience being his hunting and camping trips with his grandfather during his youth. Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed reading this.

And no...I'm not Armenian lol. Since Aram is an Armenian name (I didn't know this before I picked the name), I figure I'll write him as such.    

Edited by AramRP
Dates

I like the narration, however one very important key to note is that, in our version of the lore the outbreak does not occur until 2017, way after the 2009 Civil War as well as the 2012 Operation Arrowhead in Takistan.

Stick to this writing style though, it's very well written and a lot of effort has definitely been put into it.

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

I like the narration, however one very important key to note is that, in our version of the lore the outbreak does not occur until 2017, way after the 2009 Civil War as well as the 2012 Operation Arrowhead in Takistan.

Stick to this writing style though, it's very well written and a lot of effort has definitely been put into it.

Cool beans. I'll edit that.