Server time (UTC): 2019-11-18, 02:26
Sign in to follow this  
Craig

Kill rights in PvP situations.

Posted (edited)

Hello staff members here's my situation and then my question,

Me and my Bratri (Cause I am Chernarussian in this situation) roll up to Location A, and start roleplaying with Group A, who live in Location A, and seeing as Group A are filthy foreigners we initiate on them. Now the complicated part, there is another group, Group B who don't live in Location A but live in Location B and have a clear line of sight to Location A, and Group A have an agreement with Group B that since there base in Location B has a clear line of sight and can be used for a tactful defense of Location A, they are allowed to have a member of Group A live in Group B's location/base to shoot at us from. So to be clear, there is a member of Group A living in Group B's base sniping from Location B to location A to help his group. Now we as the attackers see shots coming from Location B even though we know we haven't initiated on Group B only Group A at Location A, in this example we kill those at Location A leaving the only member alive of Group A at Group B's Location. Now if we shoot at Location B which is Group B's base to kill the only surving member of Group A, then by default we are now attacking Group B's base which brings them into the firefight.

So my question is, because there is a member of Group A at Group B's location/base, does that give us the attackers killrights on Group B and anyone else who happens to be inside Location B? Because if we go by the rules, Group B can't do anything unless they initiate or we start shooting at them, which then would make that KOS or RDM on our part, and if we shoot in their direction and/or at their base, that can be seen to be hostile, even if we are trying to shoot the member of Group A whos inside Group B's base.

Hopefully you catch my drift with this, as I could have found a loophole in the rules here, that being if Group A keep a man in Location B with Group B and he starts firing at us, and then we fire back, that could bring in Group B by default, which could be used at an advantage, but also abuse of rules, if thats a thing, or maybe thats not the best way to word it.

EDIT: thanks for the reply @Zanaan, so yes two official groups, but what would happen if we attacked Group B's base at somepoint during the firefight, but to only try and kill the Group A member, wouldn't that bring in Group B by default, and also can you see my point on how that could be abused?

Edited by Craig

No. You can only shoot at group B if they personally join the fight. Otherwise you only have kos on the individual shooting you from group Bs base.

However if for whatever reason group B gets involved in the defense of group A themselves then yes you would have rights on them. 

But most importantly the above statement is assuming it's an official group. Otherwise if members from group B begin to defend group A, but group B is not an offical group, then you would have rights only on those members of group B currently involved. 

Sign in to follow this