Server time (UTC): 2019-10-22, 17:39
Sign in to follow this  
TheMcCafeMenu

Allow Members to View New Whitelist Applications

Should members be able to view new & old whitelist applications?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm sure a lot of members would agree that everyone should have the right to view the new whitelist applications, but not send messages to the players who aren't whitelisted.. it's just something that I think would be cool to see, especially other members old whitelist applications to see how far we've come in character background creation, interests, etc. 

I dont see the point in this at all. No one needs the "right" to see whitelist apps. For what reason would you need to view them? 

Posted (edited)

I do not think I have a right to view applications 

Edited by tosstheball

Personally I feel like there is no point to this. Most whitelist applications have information such as your GUID and Steam64 code which the general population doesn't need to see. On top of that; being able to see whitelist applications is just going to cause judgement. There is plenty of people who are new to RP whose applications may not be the best, and you really don't need people pointing fingers and laughing when in reality sometimes all it takes is a guiding hand from an empathetic staff member to help sort things out.

No there is no need for none staff members to see them.

Posted (edited)

Oh-my-elitist-goodness, FUCK NO!

If you want to share your whitelist application, go for it, see what happens. 

No good would come from your suggestion AT ALL, and I feel like it would just lead to more unnecessary ridicule of new players.  I speak from my experience as a former Mentor when we had the program going, but some who join the community have 0 experience with role-play and are just trying to give it their best attempt.  Then there are also those that just aren't very confident people in real life and those people would already be nervous enough trying to join a new gaming community without having to worry about everyone being able to see their whitelist application and possibly ridicule it..  Having been in this community for a while now I can guarantee that whitelist applications which would be deemed "shitty"" by some members would get passed around and joked about in various discord chats and those people would face undeserving ridicule and be subjected to OOC "not in my group" lists which already occurs in this cliquey as fuck community. 

New players have it hard enough as it is, especially those who aren't too confident IRL, they don't need to be pre-judged and ostracized because they may have a bad whitelist application in some peoples eyes, and your suggestion would undoubtedly have nothing but a negative effect on this community as a whole.

Edited by Dustup

Posted (edited)

I fail to see the point of this. I don't see how it's any of our business unless we are staff. We, the players, need to focus on building the community and exploring Role Play. Not concerning ourselves with the quality of an application or know who is applying. That can lead to Meta-gaming if a player knows an applicant. Not knowing who's new, is far more exciting. 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

In my opinion there is absolutely no reason why anyone other than Gamemasters+ should see them. They only need to be seen by the people that accept them, all it would do is cause a shit storm.

No. Rely on the staff team to process newly whitelisted members efficiently and effectively.

-1 I don't see the point in that. Staff handles it, and it works.

Whitelists are a private communication between applicant and reviewer.  The staff members that need to see them do see them and I see no point in changing a working system.

That is a solid no from me I know some people who would like to keep that stuff private -1

I vote no on this, no one needs to be judged for their whitelist application. I honestly think this is for the staff members to see only. 

Why, change something that's working out so well.

-1 .

There is really no reason that we as members should be able to view whitelist applications.

that's definitely something that staff should only be able to view.

2 hours ago, TheMcCafeMenu said:

I think would be cool to see, especially other members old whitelist applications to see how far we've come in character background creation, interests, etc. 

Also if you are referring to being able to see your own whitelist application, you still have access to that by hitting whitelist on the forum bar.

Posted (edited)

You man are mad, there's some funny shit written on most peoples first whitelist. Fuck it, I'll +1 it just because I wanna read some funny shit, not cos it's a good idea. My first one was the biggest pile of dogshit, but you learn...

It isn't a good idea in reality.

Edited by Beni

Considering @APositiveElmo bullied me relentlessly for my introduction thread, i'd hate him seeing my whitelist app 😂

voted no

Posted (edited)

NO... It would not be a good idea...  It's not our business, or our responsibility to...   New players should have the right to privacy on their white list application 

Edited by Pepper

Whitelists currently are boring. No need to see them. -1

Considering that the whitelist application includes private information, making this public breaks GDPR laws if done with or without the victims consent in the same way as if I was a telemarketer calling your phone without consent. 

Posted (edited)

I voted no because there's alot of information that could be used against people but if it were just the backstory then yes but make sure it's an opt in type job like the hall of fame.

Calling in @Roland and @JimRP

Edited by FalkRP

Posted (edited)

Im guessing this idea is because the OP would like to gauge the level of detail, quality of character development/story etc of the people that are joining the server?

If that’s so, you can already do that of sorts. Just go to ‘most recent characters’ and read some of the backstories and information.

https://www.dayzrp.com/characters/

Edited by andysuter

Trust me - As someone who deals with whitelists daily, you really don't wanna see them 😄 

But you also shouldn't, because the whole "about me" section doesn't need to be portrayed to the community. It's private.

No, I don't want people's personal details like their about me fields being visible to the public.

This is a No from me. There isn't a reason for anyone besides the Staff who need to see them. Everyone can read character pages and that shows how people have changed based off of their characters. 

No this isn't needed. As @JimRP has put, personal details are in whitelists and they shouldn't be allowed to get out to other members of the community