Server time (UTC): 2019-11-14, 02:29
Sign in to follow this  
Gnarkill

A little FYI for newcomers to Dayz, regarding cooked food.

Being new to the game, I’m always learning  things that may help or may hinder me. Recently, my character kept overheating, and wiping sweat from his forehead, and for the life of me, I couldn’t figure out why!

When I explained this to a friend in my group, he asked if I had any cooked meat on me, and told me that it is probably why I keep overheating. I had 4 cooked steaks and a cooked mushroom. Once I removed these from my jacket and pants, it solved the problem.

Side note: if you are cold, and don’t have a heating pack, use cooked meat.

I believe if you put them in a backpack or the like, it will not increase the temp of your character. I'm not sure about vest though. Someone else should probably confirm.

as far as I know it doesnt matter where they are, they'll heat you up. I've had a hot cooking pot on my character for about 3 days before... 
someone else might confirm the backpack thing but I'm sure it has the same effect

Yeah, I wasn’t sure if putting them in your backpack made a difference, so I never mentioned it.

I moved meat between backpack and jacket and found in the jacket i got overheated and in backpack not... didn't do much testing and it could have been due to the weather or simply a coincidence, but just what i noticed on my char when i did it.

You will not overheat should you put them in your backpack, that's 100% true.

Posted (edited)

Confirmed no overheating when moved to backpack.  Also, the overheating for me went away when moving cooked food from pants to a (non-heated) cooking pot inside pants.  *shrug*

Edited by EmonOkari

aye if you place the cooked meat in a unheated container and place them in cloths or in the bag on your back no over heating.