Server time (UTC): 2019-11-18, 20:03
Sign in to follow this  
TheLamp1

Moving chests

I have a charity center with 2 chests accessible to everyone I was wondering is it considered griefing or against the rules if someone takes said chests away from the spot and hides it in the woods? even it it happens multiple times by the assumed the same person/group?

4 minutes ago, TheLamp1 said:

I have a charity center with 2 chests accessible to everyone I was wondering is it considered griefing or against the rules if someone takes said chests away from the spot and hides it in the woods? even it it happens multiple times by the assumed the same person/group?

Just for clarification on this, are you saying that your chests are constantly moved, but you're always able to find them back? Or are you saying that people just steal your chests? Because stealing a storage container doesn't constitute griefing in most cases, especially when it's a movable storage container that people can swipe without emptying it out.

If they're just moving it someplace else in the vicinity, it's not quite griefing either (though if it's the same person/group of people constantly, that would be borderline trolling unless they have a good IC reason to be messing with your camp). Unfortunately, the only way you'll be able to deal with that is to catch him/her/them in the act.

As I'm sure you're aware our rules for as griefing are as follows: 

4.8 Griefing is act of damaging or destroying a player base, storage container, vehicles or their contents using OOC knowledge, ill intent or doing so without IC reasoning that is proportionate to the damage done.

From what you have posted no damage is being done, these chests are readily available so OOC knowledge isn't being used, and stealing something is not again any of our present rules. If you are aware a singular group/set of persons are responsible for stealing the charity chests then my only recommendation would be to handle this in character. However, if the chests are being taken, moved to a place to hide them from you without taking anything from them, simply to inconvenience you, there may be grounds for claiming this as griefing. However what Kenyi asked is a good shout, clarity from your original post is required to provide you more specific information. Do you have screenshots for example? 

Posted (edited)

What I'm saying is they are moved out into the woods and dropped repetitively nothing taken from them and yes I do it's happened about three times now bu they generally take it in whatever state it's in whether it has things in it or not and moves them into the woods these are from the second time the first time I took no mind to it, second time I was a bit irritated and third time which was yesterday I couldn't find the second chest

Spoiler

Spoiler

20190827192537_1.jpg.9d9c73d078d44bd707e869d581988e65.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler

20190826184541_1.jpg.e0ba70da165111d71fc2a350ce456779.jpg

Edited by TheLamp1
messed up the spoiler (obviously I don't know how to do it XD )