Server time (UTC): 2019-11-19, 21:44
Sign in to follow this  
JamesRP

Combat Logging

Posted (edited)

Just curious, what would affect the punishment for combat logging? In my eyes, combat logging is combat logging and I dont understand why the punishments differ.

I have seen people being banned for 3 days and been given warning points for it. Kinda silly the way these punishments just switch at times.

Edited by JamesRP

Depends on the situation if they log out just a few seconds before the end of the timer then that can be a genuine mistake and wont get a punishment as they had the right intentions just missed out by a few seconds.

If they log out with several minutes then it combat logging as they did not await the timer.

Its harsh to give someone a CL punishment for several seconds compared to someone that logs well before their timer is over.

I'd like to offer an example to Voodoo's answer;

I last have line of site of a player I committed a hostile act on and check the time, it shows at 23:44. I check the time and at 00:14 I log out of the game as I think that my 30 minute combat log timer is up. However, I'm only counting the minutes and not the seconds, I actually lost line of site at 23:44:56 and I log out of the game at 00:14:38. This means I logged out 18 seconds before my timer was up.

As Voodoo has already stated, we then discuss as a team whether we feel it would to issue a punishment to a player for combat logging a few seconds early and in some cases we feel it would be harsh to issue a punishment to a player that had the right intentions but just missed out by a few seconds, compared to another player that logs quite a few minutes prior to their timer being up.

Sign in to follow this