Server time (UTC): 2019-11-14, 20:12
Deer Isle Purge
TODAY | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Starts in 3 hours, 48 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
Anouk

Mic

Not sure where else to post this so I hope this is the right spot -

For a long time I have had an issue with discord or ts coming through my mic while I am talking in RP or any game in general. It is probably a simple fix but I have yet to find the solution, can I get some help?

What headset are you using ?

Astro A40's with the mix amp.

Hello @Anouk, I have the same headset and I have experienced the same issue as well, there is a simple solution to the problem.

1. Turn down the volume of your headset slightly (That's right, you heard me.)

2. Move the microphone further away from your mouth.

When you bend the mic infront of your mouth it may let others hear you better, but it also has a tendency to pick up more of the audio coming from the headset itself, since it is closer to where the audio is being played from.

It has to do with the Astro A40's having very terrible sound insulation, resulting in a lot of the audio leaking out into the surroundings instead of into your ear, again this can easily be solved by moving the mic away a tiny bit and turning your volume down a little.

You should also look into enabling some echo cancellation and noise reduction, check your settings on Steam, Discord and your windows settings.

Thank you so much for the help! I'll try both and see if it helps my situation at all. Thank you again, @Ducky !