Server time (UTC): 2019-11-21, 09:33
Sign in to follow this  
Apollo

Possible Mods to add

Should we test out mods?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello so i've been seeing other servers popping up with immense amounts of mods attached to them which enhances the gameplay. I posted a question asking staff about mods on our server and the short answer is that the mods that we want are ones that don't create new scripts or an actual item because if the mod updates the server has to be updated manually.

I still think this is a small price to pay for these mods that add a lot to the server, to finally have all these items and play a game that doesnt feel just barely modded. One of the mods that I took a look at and agree with @JimRP to add MMIO with a few changes to our liking (like removing the plate carrier juggernaut mode and other items deemed not realistic for our server), its one of the most used mods on the workshop, with almost 318,000 current subscribers on the workshop it seems like the developers are ontop of their work, updating the mod with the new updates. I believe if we use the mod it would lead to far more routes of roleplay and create an interest for people to come play on a more modded RP server. The mod is used heavily throughout the DayZ community and its servers and they seem to run fine without constant crashes we have here already.

3fb8802a59eae0a335629c0f744ce3ab.png

Overall I think if we add the mod the pros heavily outweigh the cons, I dont think this mod being added will change the amount the server crashes because almost all modded public servers have this mod. This will bring players back to explore the newly added items and can easily boost the player base back up.

If you have any mods that you would like to see post them.

Mass'sManyItemOverhaul : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1566911166

WindstridesClothingPack : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1797720064

It would be such a great addition to the server, because right now I feel all the clothing items are stale and there is nothing new and enticing that would want me to go out looking for clothing or even spend money on them in the store. I +1 BOTH of these mods getting added.

I see absolutely no reason not to add more mods that make the game a little more fresh in diversifying clothing options and things that improve the games play.

Posted (edited)

Mass'sManyItemOverhaul is something I would kill to see added. Other servers benefit massively from this mod. I really love the clothes. The only problem is clipping. I've seen lots of clothes glitching into one another. 

Edited by FknSnow

I would love to see both of these mods added in or at least one of them. And I can agree that the server's that run these mods run perfectly fine. I would love to see more clothing as it gives the people more outfits to choose from. 

9 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I see absolutely no reason not to add more mods that make the game a little more fresh in diversifying clothing options and things that improve the games play.

Pretty much this, just take a listen to the community, we're the ones who have to deal with the possible longer down times, and if the majority of the community wish to take that risk, than why not give it a go? if it's utter shiet, just remove it again. Other than that good luck lads.

Huge +1 from here too, makes no sense not to add it. Something fresh even the littlest would feel nice. 

Posted (edited)

Rolle has stated that the reason we don't use most mods is because the owners have said no to us when he asked. They don't want their mods on a website that profit from their playerbase. Eg; Item store or simply don't like Rolle for their own reasons.

/I'm a bit drunk so excuse me if my wording is strange. I hope you get the gist

Edited by Roman

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Roman said:

Rolle has stated that the reason we don't use most mods is because the owners have said no to us when he asked. They don't want their mods on a website that profit from their playerbase. Eg; Item store or simply don't like Rolle for their own reasons.

/I'm a bit drunk so excuse me if my wording is strange. I hope you get the gist

IMO that's really sad, personally I would much rather have cool items ingame than an item shop ;(

Edit: And this is coming from an idiot who already spent 70 euros on the itemshop, and i would still rather have the mods lol

Edited by Blake

Just now, Blake said:

IMO that's really sad, personally I would much rather have cool items ingame than an item shop ;(

I have to agree with Blake here, as much as I love the community I don't have the extra money to buy clothing items that help depict my character IG. 

You also have to take in consideration that the items store keeps the servers alive.

1 minute ago, Roman said:

You also have to take in consideration that the items store keeps the servers alive.

I had no idea the server was heavily dependent on the store? thought it was the donations.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Roman said:

The servers were alive for 4 years before the item shop, I don't think it is that important.

EDIT: We can simply not put MMIO items on the item shop.

Edited by Dew

We have Mass'sManyItemOverhaul on another server I play on, many of the items are glitched and there are many guns that you definitely would not normally find in Cherno. BUt it does also add a long list of extra goodies that can be used for RP. Again alot of it is glitched tho...

51 minutes ago, Crazy_Corwin said:

We have Mass'sManyItemOverhaul on another server I play on, many of the items are glitched and there are many guns that you definitely would not normally find in Cherno. BUt it does also add a long list of extra goodies that can be used for RP. Again alot of it is glitched tho...

is it worse than the old breaking your legs on stairs or ghost bullets?

we been playing with bugs on dayz for a really long time, if from what i heard its only some clothes clipping and such it shouldn't be too substantial. 

Another thing we have to remember about these servers with a billion addons on them is that they do tend to drop heavily in performance.

Hell I played on Trumps Wall the other day and it was absolutely horrendous, sure the loot was dapper and there was some cool items and guns, but all of that goes to waste when you can barely move and shoot other players due to the heavy latency and desync.

By creating our own addons, we control how script heavy they are, we control the amount of content and, if any items we make cause issues we can remove that specific item or more importantly, try to fix it.

Its much harder to do that with outside mods, as we have to let the original author solve that problem, or remove a mod entirely, which might make the community more furious than just never having added that mod at all.

Either way, as for MMIO and monetization, that's entirely up to the big man, and what agreement he has with their author.

I understand this could cause performance issue but I say add it and try it out. 

Maybe... just maybe, do a server wipe and then add it. Add one or the other

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ducky said:

I get what you are saying Ducky but there is one big problem,

It just takes a very, very long time before the Dev team releases anything special. I am not blaming you guys at all because modding is probably very hard + you guys got lifes outside of DayZRP but that is one of the reasons people want outside mods. 

Ofcours you guys release some reskins now and then but I dont see alot of really original stuff like weapons that look like they are attached to a backpack, custom basebuilding items, custom zombies etc. Stuff that other modders did create.

Again, I am not attacking the dev team because if you guys release its quality  but it just takes very long.

There are positives and negatives but I think we should give outside mods a chance. If the mod doesn't work then remove it again.

Sorry for the grammar. Phone.

Edited by Jackfish

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Jackfish said:

I get what you are saying Ducky but there is one big problem,

It just takes a very, very long time before the Dev team releases anything special. I am not blaming you guys at all because modding is probably very hard + you guys got lifes outside of DayZRP but that is one of the reasons people want outside mods. 

Ofcours you guys release some reskins now and then but I dont see alot of really original stuff like weapons that look like they are attached to a backpack, custom basebuilding items, custom zombies etc. Stuff that other modders did create.

Again, I am not attacking the dev team because if you guys release its quality  but it just takes very long.

There are positives and negatives but I think we should give outside mods a chance. If the mod doesn't work then remove it again.

Sorry for the grammar. Phone.

I couldnt agree more. Other servers use 3rd party mods with the mod maker's blessings. For one as old and as large as DayZRP, I'm sure they would love to have thier mods on our servers.

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

6 hours ago, Blake said:

Edit: And this is coming from an idiot who already spent 70 euros on the itemshop, and i would still rather have the mods lol

€70? I've spent over €200. I love the item shop because it supports the Devs and every time I donate to an RP server, there are problems that follow and the server dies, so I'd rather buy from the shop. But I'd like more mods added too. 

I think most of these mods should have been added before I joined the server. I saw a mod with a revolver and smoke pipe and working Zippo. This stuff should already be here. 

19 minutes ago, vivallion said:

I fail to see a reason why we need more military gear.

Its because you didnt fully look at the mod.

8 hours ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

I couldnt agree more. Other servers use 3rd party mods with the mod maker's blessings. For one as old and as large as DayZRP, I'm sure they would love to have thier mods on our servers.

You'd be surprised at how many people actually dislike DayZRP instead of wanting us to use their stuff.

12 minutes ago, Misho said:

You'd be surprised at how many people actually dislike DayZRP instead of wanting us to use their stuff.

This too.

There is a large cult following in the DayZ Modding Community being anti-monetization, or at the very least anti DayZRP from what I have been told 😅

Will admit, that clothing mod has some sick items in it. The gas mask and cowl looks badass. Only issue has been stated already, either they don't want their mods on a monetized server or they don't like Roland.