Server time (UTC): 2019-11-22, 16:42 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Decrease the spawn of NVGs?

Decrease spawns of NVGs  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

Decrease the spawns of NVG

I would like to put forward the suggestion of decreasing the spawns of the NVGs, as mostly everyone and their dog have NVG. Why? We’re in a poor Eastern European country, which wouldn’t normally have access to this type of kit, the only people probably in the region that would access to this kind of stuff would be Special Operations. Yes you could argue that the Marines and Russians might have used this kit, but it’s highly unlikely that NVGs were standard issue during the war. (Correct me if I’m wrong).

This, as it was in the mod (I know, the mod days the best days) they were near-Impossible to find. The only place they would spawn were at Helicopter Crash sites. I also understand night-time is a complete pain in the backside to play in, however you can do fine with all the different items and what-not you can use as a light source (Torches, Head Torch, Chem Lights, Flares, Flashlights, Hand-held fire torches, Fires, and so on).

With recent suggestions adding new clothing etc, most them being shut-down for being “Against the lore, doesn’t follow the lore, etc”. Has this ever been considered? With such emphasis on the “Lore” when adding stuff, does the same attitude get directed when it comes to items that wouldn't make sense with the current lore, e.g. NVGs that spawn far more often, than lets say a flash light?

Edited by Challenger

YES, I totally agree with this. Every single person I've met and their grandparrent have had nightvision goggle. It's not realistic and it has been breaking my immersion during roleplaying

i agree to this, it does not make sense for everyone to have nvgs.

I wouldn't mind it, NVGs should be a difficult item to find, I would like to see head torch spawn rates upped a little bit though  👀

I personally have never found NVG's naturally spawn. But maybe that's because I'm lazy. If everyone has them and everyone is finding them, then lower it for sure. 

Why the fuck do people bring Lore to the fullest extent into every discussion about the game. I can give lore justifications for why they wouldnt be terribly uncommon all day but its really about the gaming experience. 

NODs are not that expensive, they aren't space age unobtanium. I haven't found a single one ever so either I'm unlucky or just not paying attention. Pilots, a handful of CDF units, Spetsnaz, Chernarussian Spetsnaz, NATO, Mercs, private citizens, etc....

I never find them so yes. Decrease them. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Major said:

Why the fuck do people bring Lore to the fullest extent into every discussion about the game. I can give lore justifications for why they wouldnt be terribly uncommon all day but its really about the gaming experience. 

NODs are not that expensive, they aren't space age unobtanium. I haven't found a single one ever so either I'm unlucky or just not paying attention. Pilots, a handful of CDF units, Spetsnaz, Chernarussian Spetsnaz, NATO, Mercs, private citizens, etc....

1. As you said it's about the "Gaming Experience". After all this is a Zombie Apocaylpse Roleplaying Server that's currently been two years since it started (Correct me if I am wrong, I am not entirely how long its been). Surely the majority of people running around with NVGs on a "Zombie Apocalypse" server would actually be a negative experience? I think having less NVGs will actually make the server more enjoyable for people at nighttime, e.g. setting up camp, making fires, etc, and actually making different decisions to protect themselves, rather than popping the NVGs and strolling through towns seeing everyone and everything. 

2. As Elijah said above, he found 6 at Tisy. Fair enough, some people might not be able to find them, however I've found my fair few strolling about. 

3. I only bring up the lore side, because there's plenty of times I have seen perfectly reasonable items not being added because it doesn't fit the "Lore". After all the lore has a massive impact on the gaming experience, hence why it's normally brought up.  

4. I am not going to disagree with anything said there, more than perfect points. 

Edited by Challenger

I accidentally voted no. I indeed mean to vote yes. This would enhance the RP experience imo. The spawns are mad, seen too many people rocking around with NVGs 

I couldn't care less tbh. I voted yes because @Challenger is my boy.

I think there are bigger things to worry about. 

Yes and while we are at it lower the spawn rates of military weapons.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Major said:

I mean, there was uproar when @wirpy made some colourful jackets because it didnt 'fit the lore' but a valid point point regarding the amount of NVGs available doesn't matter? They should be extremely rare and valuable like back in the mod. Not every tom dick and harry had a couple of NVGs in their drawers at home.

Think the lore matters only when it suits some peoples opinions. 

Isn't there guns that wont be added because it won't fit the lore? ....but what about my gaming experience?

Well said @Challenger.

Edited by Ryan Shepherd

I voted yes, it seems like every time I go to military base, I am finding at least 3 fully equipable pairs.

I actually suggested this a couple months ago to Roland and the DayZRP developers via P.M. --- I think they're looking into it?

35 minutes ago, Ryan Shepherd said:

I mean, there was uproar when @wirpy made some colourful jackets because it didnt 'fit the lore' but a valid point point regarding the amount of NVGs available doesn't matter? They should be extremely rare and valuable like back in the mod. Not every tom dick and harry had a couple of NVGs in their drawers at home.

Think the lore matters only when it suits some peoples opinions. 

Isn't there guns that wont be added because it won't fit the lore? ....but what about my gaming experience?

Well said @Challenger.

I don't determine what goes into the game, I'm not a dev. My basic point was just that you can do whatever the fuck you want with it because it's a game.

NVG spawn are as low as they can possibly be. At any time there are between 1 and 3 NVGs on the entire map.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Roland said:

NVG spawn are as low as they can possibly be. At any time there are between 1 and 3 NVGs on the entire map.

Weird. I feel like I generally encounter them a lot of in the same areas too, like right by eachother.

Edited by Camo

No

With how nights are atm nvgs are needed atm

Its good as it is

Na, leave it be

Like @WombatLover69 stated … It's good as it is

The nights are shit, there are plenty of military bases that the average joe can stroll through and stumble across a pair...

Boom, now average joe can see at night without alerting others of his position as to wielding a torch where he could be spotted easily at night 🌛

Some of you are saying that it doesn't make sense for everyone to be wearing them , a lot of things I see in this game don't make sense but at the end of the day it is just a game...

No, they aren't as common, I've done more than 10 trips to NWAF and have not found a single pair of NVG's. I also have to agree with Wombat. Its fine how it is.

Posted (edited)

Thankfully the spawn rate is as low as it will go as Roland already stated, not really interested in people stockpiling them and the only people having access to them being the people who constantly hoard or rob people and then hoard. The game is already a pain to travel around and people are stockpiling Dexamphetamine to combat that, suddenly the option to travel more easy by night is made even harder?...no thanks.

Edited by Malthis

Doesn't need changing.

11 hours ago, Roland said:

As Rolle has stated the spawnrate is already very low, there is only ever 1-3 NVG's able to be found around the map, however once picked up the game will register that an NVG is missing and start a respawn counter to put another one somewhere else on the map.

Coupled with that, another reason we see so many NVG's in circulation is because they are usually attached to a helmet or NVG strap, which makes them function as an "Attachment."

Attachments do not have hitboxes, they will not take damage, this is the same reason why grenades will not take damage when shot on a vest, and the same with pouches.

Video below showcasing non-existant hitboxes of grenades when attached:

Spoiler

My proposed solution is this:

Increase the amount of NVG's in the counter to roughly 50, and then make the counter also count when the NVGs are in the player inventory, cargo and stashes.

This would mean that there would only ever be 50 in circulation, regardless if they are in the inventory or waiting to be found among the loot, this creates an actual rarity, rather than an infinite amount of NVGs.

Ive looted every military base on the map dozens of times and only ever find them at Tisy. 

Tisy SHOULD have high tier loot, its largest military loot spot on the map. 

I dont see a problem with it. Ive only ever found a couple pairs