Server time (UTC): 2019-10-21, 23:53
Sign in to follow this  
JoshDowney

Appeal KOS - 7 day / 17 hours left

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: I feel as this verdict is not fair as this is my first offence, and an accident at that. I know the rule on Landmines, where I placed my landmine I felt that no one would step on it. I was wrong as it is quite a large traffic area and this was wrong of me. I sadly overlooked my chance at contacting a staff member to remove the landmine as I had my mind on running cross map to the coast and not on the landmine.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I placed the landmine to attempt to lure a zombie over it. Not realizing that it would affect another players day. I feel horrible about this and I will never place one again in a high traffic area. Only if I create a base etc as that is allowed.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I am hoping to appeal the ban as it has only 17 hours left, so I can create some RP with my friends.

What could you have done better?: Contacted a staff member about removing the land mine for me.

Greetings,

A separate team of staff members have reviewed your appeal and the report. After reviewing all of the evidence and the POV we have decided to deny your appeal. The verdict still stands because the rules clearly state that if you kill another player with a landmine it acts as if you had gunned them down with a weapon. In this case, you leave an activated landmine on the floor with the intention to kill any infected that were incoming but instead kill another player. We understand that this was not your intention and in future we advise that you contact a Gamemaster to delete the landmine to avoid this from happening again.

With that said, appeal denied.

Signed by @Saunders + @Derek Steel