Server time (UTC): 2019-10-21, 23:53
Sign in to follow this  
TheMcCafeMenu

Ban Appeal - Excessive OOC

Posted (edited)

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: I'm aware I was banned for excessive OOC, but I don't think a two day ban is justifying it when it did no harm.. It was 3AM for me and around the same time for my friends. The RP was bland at the time and our friend kept crashing when trying to load in, so along with some campfire RP we threw quite a bit of OOC in the mix. It was only the two of us (if you don't count the guy who kept crashing) so we weren't involving other players in the OOC talk.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: We've all been guilty of some excessive OOC when playing, I'm aware it breaks immersion but when you have a character loading in and crashing next to you multiple times, that ruins the immersion more than some OOC instead of blatantly pointing out that someone keeps "waking up" and "going back to sleep" for a few seconds. 

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Keeping the warning points on my account, but getting my ban revoked from in game. And if I get another guilty verdict before the warning points are taken off on the 20th, I would receive the next highest punishment besides this two-day ban.

What could you have done better?: Probably a lot more than what I did. It was excessive to talk that much OOC in game, I should have talked in discord rather than typing in game. I'm already aware that what I did isn't totally justifiable to others, and I just hope that I can get back to DayZRP ASAP. I do apologize for it, and I'm aware I was completely in the wrong. It truly was a one time thing that I surely wont do again (excessively).

Edited by TheMcCafeMenu
achievement part of appeal

Hello, The staff team have reviewed appeal and have come to the conclusion to deny it.
There is no excuse for the amount of OOC displayed here and you even admit yourself that its a large amount of OOC going on.
And with all that in mind we don't see any reason to shorten the sentence.

Appeal Denied: Ban & Points Remain

signed by : @Derek Steel @Saunders