Server time (UTC): 2019-11-12, 02:20
Sign in to follow this  
Lucas

Add more clothing

Should it be added?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recently I've been noticing a few different clothing mods in other communities and have seen them and thought they'd look awesome here. The old clothing is boring and is not exciting anymore. Maybe adding some new clothing mods might spice it up? Such as

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1797720064

I think I've seen this suggested before but couldn't find it at all. 

Posted (edited)

Suggested it here too:

I would love to see more original stuff instead of reskins ❤️

+1

@Watchman @Ducky  @JimRP

Edited by Jackfish

this is a very cool addition to the server that would benefit everybody. 

Would love a larger variety of clothing, vanilla clothing just getting repetitive now, even with re-skins.

+1

I honestly don't think it'd be a really bad idea I like the poncho in it and the new gas mask is really cool 🙂

The retextures are alright but they are getting a bit boring. Some new cloths would be cool, like that cape thing in the link.

The issue is this, the more outside mods we have the more dependant on them we are.

That means whenever a new update comes out for DayZ we wont be able to get the server up until all mods are updated, and we cant update the outside ones, we have to wait for the creator to do that.

We have made a few exceptions, because ultimately they are a necessity, that being CF and few other things like Summer Chernarus that can be easily disabled without causing issues, but these items while they look amazing, probably are better left off to be created by the dev team we have.

11 minutes ago, Ducky said:

The issue is this, the more outside mods we have the more dependant on them we are.

That means whenever a new update comes out for DayZ we wont be able to get the server up until all mods are updated, and we cant update the outside ones, we have to wait for the creator to do that

This seems like the go to argument for staff and Rolle but the thing is...nobody else seems to be having problems with mods updating. We're missing out on a lot of good shit 😕

If we're worried about mods not updating we should just add mods that seem like they're very active and update quick.

New clothing would be dope if the mod stops working just remove it.

This is amazing! However, don't think we want to keep relying on outsider mods added as it could cause issues for us in the future. If our dev's could remake the clothes here into our own mod then I think things could work out better.

Oh yes please add these. It would be amazing! 

I dont see the problem tbh,

Like @Eagle said, just remove the mod if it doesn't get updated.

Poncho looking clean

Definitely want a plain coloured poncho. That looks fucking sick

Ohhh I like this +1 from me I like that poncho. Looks amazing hopefully our fantastic devs can add these they would be fine additions  to the game or add the mod and if it needs updated remove it 

I've seen the poncho a lot on other RP servers through streams and it looks really nice. Gives wearers a very mysterious look and has a very apocalyptic vibe to it, which helps set the tone for what is happening in game. I would also before for more clothing options, backpacks, etc. 

I have no idea how modding works or how protective people are over their creations, but could we ask for permission use the assets from Windstrider (poncho creator)? 

Well wouldn't it be possible for our dev team to create their own mod pack with clothing items?

Then it won't be depending on a outsider to update his mod, self sufficient ya' know.

And just like @Jackfish said, let's get some "new" clothing instead of reskins 🙏

Posted (edited)

I think we are just missing out on some amazing mods out there. Our dev team is small and overall takes a long time before things get added (No hate to our Dev team. They are amazing and have lifes outside of DayZRP. I get that ❤️ ).

But we need to be realistic too, the server pop is dropping and there are no special mods or clothes in our server (the tear gas is amazing though, props to the guy who made that)

I get that we won't use broken mods but there are a ton of mods out there that work and would make the server a lot more interesting.

And if they dont update in time, just remove them and add them back if they are updated. (ofcours I dont know how hard that is, but I am just typing what I am thinking with my easy non dev mind) 

Spoiler

zombiee.PNG.d6958e84289bf403ef56eb8f6813c960.PNG

Look a this, a mutated zombie. Very creepy? 

Edited by Jackfish

Add new clothing. The additions on other servers have increased the quality of the server on a grand scale, in my personal opinion. 

I badly wish for more clothes to be added. After playing for three-four weeks I've already gotten a bit bored of the clothes we current have as the majority of people tends to somewhat wear the same. And I often find myself not changing clothes in days simply because there aren't a lot to choose from that looks good or would fit the character. I think making the server a bit more spicy with the addition of more clothing would be neat and heavily appreciated, at least I would appreciate it.