Server time (UTC): 2019-12-07, 03:06 WE ARE RECRUITING
PRISON ESCAPE
TODAY | 2019-12-07 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 16 hours, 53 minutes | Event Server
Sign in to follow this  
Crim

Deer Isle = Separate Active Character

New Map = Different Character  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

Pretty simple, add the functionality to the forum so we can have separate active characters on both maps. 
It's unrealistic playing the same character on Chernarus and Deer Isle.  

EDIT:  A feature where its not possible to play on Chernarus with my Deer Isle char and vice versa would need to be coded in.

Edited by Crim

Yeah i like the idea of this, makes continuity a bit easier to

Posted (edited)

I fully agree. This can give people a chance to do new RP and have some different experiences. 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

Yes would be perfect.

Yeah, that would be interesting!

Unless Deer Isle is gonna be retconned as Utes which seems to be the way things are going.

Idk, im all for two seperate stories

I'd say yes and no. Yes because it would seem silly if people were just back and forth between the mainland and utes every other day. No because I don't want to be limited. I'd want to be able to be on my Chernarus character and say hey I am gonna go to this island, or hey I am being captured and brought to this island, and then after being there for a while I say hey I finally want to go back to the mainland. Most characters likely got to utes from the mainland as well so it wouldn't make sense that they don't exist on chernarus.

So maybe there should be a setting in the character page. It could say "Character Location" and have two settings, Chernarus or Utes/Deer isle. Then if it says chernarus you can only play on chernarus and if it says Utes you can only play on utes and maybe give it a 24 or 48 hour cool down. 

To sum it up. I want to be able to move between mainland and the island as the same character but I don't want people to do it every hour or every day.

If we're doing all this, then there should be separate:

Lore & Stories

Groups

Radio Chatter

46 minutes ago, Dan said:

If we're doing all this, then there should be separate:

Lore & Stories

Groups

Radio Chatter

I agree, if we go the route of a new place > there would need to be these things added.

Another question would come, if you are apart of a group on say S1, can you and your different character be apart of another group on S2? I'm going to assume this would be allowed however not sure.

I am all down for a new storyline, new characters. It'd be fun and give some new things to do. However if this new map becomes close and is accessible from Chernarus I believe there shouldn't be restrictions for bringing over our current characters as some people have suggested.

This is not possible at this time. However, I have reduced character switch cooldown to 6 hours.

7 hours ago, Roland said:

This is not possible at this time. However, I have reduced character switch cooldown to 6 hours.

And possibly add a new drop down to character pages specifying what map that character is intended for?  Maybe not be needed though just an idea

I'm up for having two different characters but would also like the option to choose to  have another character or the same character I usually use depending on the storyline. It's a great idea as others have said to have an option on the character page showing which character is on which server. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Crim said:

And possibly add a new drop down to character pages specifying what map that character is intended for?  Maybe not be needed though just an idea

This isn't a bad idea, could be coded into to where you can't switch the map once you have it selected. Though I had always wanted to do a story-line with my current character. I wrote in that he has a small ship used for smuggling. The end goal was to end up in Taviana, Namalsk, or the United States. It would be weird if everyone else magically was in the U.S. though, so it'd probably be better just to make certain characters only playable on certain maps.

Edited by Zero

On 8/22/2019 at 5:45 AM, Roland said:

Could a tag be made for the specific map one character is ment for and when selecting different maps the timer would allow so but if done on characters on the same map it would force the cooldown timer back on.

On 8/22/2019 at 6:45 AM, Roland said:

Would it be possible to have the ability to set two active characters whilst we have deer isle running?

It would be nice. Sometimes i like to pop into s1 for the morning until s2 gets more people, since s2 is kind of empty during EU mornings. But it means I have to wait a whole 6 hours to change back, and by then i can't go back to s1 if i wanted to. My characters are completely seperate as i didn't like the fact i could instant transmission between islands like it was nothing and go "oh i travelled real quick bro."