Server time (UTC): 2019-11-12, 07:05
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Testing a new map on S2

Ooh, shiny. Map looks nice. Will definetly give this a go.

Maybe a ferry connection of sorts has been established between the two provi-*slaps self* no....no lore thinking Tomeran, control yourself!

Well there goes all our hard work. 

Damn I’m good5A07BC0F-66D0-4D3C-88FA-7703CC5C7B79.png.449e7799f6a467254ad3c8b1da9e24c2.png

1 hour ago, Tomeran said:

Ooh, shiny. Map looks nice. Will definetly give this a go.

Maybe a ferry connection of sorts has been established between the two provi-*slaps self* no....no lore thinking Tomeran, control yourself!

Jesus it's him.

Please come save me I've been trying so hard but Rolles a pain.

I hear there's a new map?

@Grimnir prepare the ket mobile, we're going on a roach trip. 

So will we have the ability to have 2 different characters on either server? Or will your character still carry over from S1 to S2 and vice versa?

I think it would be nice to be an South America island :v

But sincerely saying, this is an amazing idea

image.png.1a52c08591492b02aa7ebd2d0563d126.png

@brk we oughta head out there

Lore on the way brb

Based off a real island in Maine.

1200px-Deer_Isle_Beach.jpg

Played on the map a bit. It's actually a really interesting map... Well as interesting as it can get for DayZ. But it did feel very new and fresh so you get my vote. 

Maybe enough to get me to play again 

But does it have caves? Very important question. 

18 minutes ago, Zanaan said:

But does it have caves? Very important question. 

Yes apparently.

US map and lore please

tired of shitty russian accents tyty

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

tired of shitty russian accents tyty

Shouldn't hate on people attempting to do accent just means they're making some effort into actually roleplaying. 

Either way just means shitty American accents instead 

God yes please do this. +100

I think this opens up a chance for more stabilized groups to make an appearance (or reappearance). An island is easier to clear of infected, less are able to migrate to the island (if any), more defensible, and more remote. This gives CDF, NATO, ChDKZ, UN, a chance to make a comeback or establish footholds. Tying it into the fact that it's an island, 
Should we have some sort of decrease in infected over time? I feel like this would be a good feature, where S2 is less dangerous in terms of Zeds due to geography, but perhaps filled with more groups who don't want people settling on their turf. Just some thoughts

As much as a new map is a great idea, can we at least set a date for a release and in the meanwhile return S2 to it's former state? That'll give people the opportunity to move their bases to S1 as to not make the base building a complete waste of time.

Please don't make it Utes, Utes is a tiny island with literally one airfield and a village. Plus correct me if im wrong but Utes has a CDF garrison on it aswell. Maybe @Major can confirm?

165447364_download(3).jpg.5dc643495b650de4cf16bec422fc8d27.jpg

Despite that, Im all down for a separate hive with this island based in another location, by god this community needs something new that people might actually stick with. xo

21 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Please don't make it Utes, Utes is a tiny island with literally one airfield and a village. Plus correct me if im wrong but Utes has a CDF garrison on it aswell. Maybe @Major can confirm?

165447364_download(3).jpg.5dc643495b650de4cf16bec422fc8d27.jpg

Despite that, Im all down for a separate hive with this island based in another location, by god this community needs something new that people might actually stick with. xo

It's not going to be Utes. Utes is still a thing and fully civilized.

Posted (edited)

mb if it's already been said but...as much as i agree with it being a Chernarussian island for multiple reasons - are the towns labelled as they are on the interactive map do we know? as if so, they're all very American sounding and not in Cyrillic.

nevermind..i read the post now 🙃

Edited by Flapjack

Let's go, I'm so down for this.