Server time (UTC): 2019-11-21, 06:53
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Testing a new map on S2

Good idea. I'd love to play this.

Also, make it Chernarus. It wouldn't make sense running around in the US, surrounded by Soviet buildings 🙂

New map would actually attract a lot of people back i think maybe an island off the coast of Chernarus would be best

Fictional island close to Chernarus, how about making it Lyutyi

Capture.PNG.694ee3adeab40be7e636af8899b726a4.PNG

I think making it an island outside Chernarus somewhere makes most sense to be honest. Groups and characters can continue like normal.

This is wierd. Do I have to roleplay the same character there? Maybe turn off persistance and enable players to have a character for each server; I don’t see how people could magically teleport between islands.

I'd try it out if it wasn't Chernarus. Just tired of it to be honest. 

Map looks good, but it has broadly European architecture. Maybe the U.S isn't such a great idea.

Posted (edited)

I think this is certainly a good idea, though perhaps making it Lyutyi, as RedSky suggested, would be best. It would allow characters to receive broadcasts from the mainland (via the forums) and vice versa, as opposed to transmitting halfway around the globe. 

Edited by Palatheio

Interesting idea! Would also make people want to switch occasionally to check out the different map.
About the location. I think the Island of Utes can be used as the location. In my opinion Lyutyi is too far away to make it realistic to switch servers.
The location of the island most be relatively close to South Zagoria, because I believe people would like to switch every now and a then. 

Love it, great Idea papa roland ❤️

Yes! I would say try out the US, Maine lore!

Would be nice to have a new map! But I think would need some lore and such before we do so, but I have no doubt that, that will happen anyway. 

Sounds good

A new map would be cool

Posted (edited)

Finally, the American characters get a chance to call other nationalities foreigners if the lore's built around the actual location of the island. Now we just wait for the inevitable US nationalist group to pop up on the new map if it's lore is about the US (Devs will have to add the MAGA hat for roleplay purposes ofcourse).

Jokes aside, I feel with the architecture on the map it'd be better fitted with how @RedSky put it, it being the island off the Chernarussian coast. While it doesn't look like the Lyutyi in the slightest, at least it'll be easier to create a sensible lore around it. It's a good holdover until they release Namalsk.

Edited by Kenyi

Posted (edited)

Also the Deer Isle map doesn’t spawn working vehicles with all parts (only missing gas), as opposed to the main S1 Chernarus+ map. Didn’t know where else to write this, as I found no Bug Reports section.

Edited by sick

Posted (edited)

East EU buildings in US... nope.

Make it Chernarus island.

Edited by Shanoby

6 minutes ago, sick said:

Also the Deer Isle map doesn’t spawn working vehicles with all parts (only missing gas), as opposed to the main S1 Chernarus+ map. Didn’t know where else to write this, as I found no Bug Reports section.

Fixed, will take effect with next restart and vehicles spawned afterwards.

Played on it before seem pretty small but that was when it first came out. 

Any ideas how big the map is now? 

Posted (edited)

What will happen to S1 Population then? S1 might lose population because its on Chernarus

Edited by Jorrdan

I'd certainly love a new map and would deffo try it out. Maybe even stick around if the population picks up. Atm i can't walk 5 steps without being captured on s1 😞

8 minutes ago, Jorrdan said:

What will happen to S1 Population then? S1 might lose population because its on Chernarus

As with everything fresh, new and exciting the excitement and mystique with this new (and smaller) map will fade and things will eventually stabilise.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, idiot_gg said:

Good idea. I'd love to play this.

Also, make it Chernarus. It wouldn't make sense running around in the US, surrounded by Soviet buildings 🙂

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

New map would actually attract a lot of people back i think maybe an island off the coast of Chernarus would be best

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Fictional island close to Chernarus, how about making it Lyutyi

Capture.PNG.694ee3adeab40be7e636af8899b726a4.PNG

1 hour ago, Hofer said:

I think making it an island outside Chernarus somewhere makes most sense to be honest. Groups and characters can continue like normal.

I do think it would be really appropriate to make it part of Chernarus because it would allow a smooth transition into a new map but you can also rp getting some type of passage to a island just outside chernarus and be able to rp the same character without saying it'll take "weeks" to travel in between. I think it would also be fun to see if groups maybe maintain themselves on on a smaller island and proceed towards Chernarus on days to live a somewhat of a new found freedom of life. Its just a random concept but I think it could work really efficiently. If you want to keep it some what U.S base maybe a portion of the U.S population found there way to this island and try to claim it for their own away from chernorussian influence.

P.S sorry for the multi quote felt inspired for a moment XD

Edited by coolman23