Griefing Sverograd 3:00 8/18/19

Posted (edited)

Server and location: s1 Severograd

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 8/18/19 3:00

Your in game name: Viktor Nozokov

Names of allies involved: @Huntie@Its_Novaa

Name of suspect/s: N/A

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): One Blue 4x4 and one Red Gunter

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): Provided, multiple POVs from @Its_Novaa and @Huntie

Detailed description of the events: 

I logged in today to see a group raiding my base, and proceeded to initiate on them. Kills were taken, the situation was escalated normally and I managed to radio in my guys before being killed. Upon their return to the base, all our cars and tents were gone (Save several crates) and a majority of our loot was left on the ground to despawn. This includes firearms, clothing, etc. My group member @Its_Novaa and several others took screenshots and video of the incident:

There was several crates outside and barrels upstairs that they failed to put items into. This wasn't just trash, it included camo nets, firearms, etc. This was intentional and was an attempt to completely destroy our encampment. 

20190819000535_1.jpg?width=841&height=47

Even the highly coveted Dexamphetamine tablets were thrown on the ground to despawn

Edited by CocaineLane

Posted (edited)

I logged on and ran up to base to see if any of the guys where around to do some rp and i found this on the floor https://imgur.com/a/duA0i1z

Edited by Huntie

Note that the position logs will be available to staff only to protect the integrity of the base location.

Connection Logs:

02:39:36 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" is connected
-Restart-
03:49:11 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" is connected
04:17:03 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" has been disconnected

02:38:34 | Player "Evgeniy Orlov" is connected
03:44:04 | Player "Evgeniy Orlov" has been disconnected
03:44:11 | Player "Evgeniy Orlov" is connected
03:45:18 | Player "Evgeniy Orlov" has been disconnected

02:39:13 | Player "Devlyn Anderson" is connected
03:35:07 | Player "Devlyn Anderson" has been disconnected
03:35:30 | Player "Devlyn Anderson" is connected
-Restart
03:49:36 | Player "Devlyn Anderson" is connected
04:17:38 | Player "Devlyn Anderson" has been disconnected

02:38:59 | Player "Pashka Mikhaev" is connected
-Restart-
03:49:54 | Player "Pashka Mikhaev" is connected
04:40:25 | Player "Pashka Mikhaev" has been disconnected

02:39:00 | Player "Mishka Sobol" is connected
-Restart-
03:49:11 | Player "Mishka Sobol" is connected
04:39:00 | Player "Mishka Sobol" has been disconnected

Position Logs:

02:43:38 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
02:48:39 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
02:53:39 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
02:58:39 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:03:40 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" (pos=<REDACTED) 
03:08:40 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" (pos=<REDACTED) 
03:13:40 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:18:40 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:23:40 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:28:40 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:33:41 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:38:41 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:43:42 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:54:14 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:59:14 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 

02:48:39 | Player "Evgeniy Orlov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
02:53:39 | Player "Evgeniy Orlov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
02:58:39 | Player "Evgeniy Orlov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:03:40 | Player "Evgeniy Orlov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:08:40 | Player "Evgeniy Orlov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:13:40 | Player "Evgeniy Orlov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:18:40 | Player "Evgeniy Orlov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:23:40 | Player "Evgeniy Orlov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:28:40 | Player "Evgeniy Orlov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:33:41 | Player "Evgeniy Orlov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:38:41 | Player "Evgeniy Orlov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:43:42 | Player "Evgeniy Orlov" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:54:14 | Player "Evgeniy Orlov" (pos=<REDACTED>)  

02:43:38 | Player "Devlyn Anderson" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
02:48:39 | Player "Devlyn Anderson" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
02:53:39 | Player "Devlyn Anderson" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
02:58:39 | Player "Devlyn Anderson" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:03:40 | Player "Devlyn Anderson" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:08:40 | Player "Devlyn Anderson" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:13:40 | Player "Devlyn Anderson" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:18:40 | Player "Devlyn Anderson" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:23:40 | Player "Devlyn Anderson" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:28:40 | Player "Devlyn Anderson" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:33:41 | Player "Devlyn Anderson" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:38:41 | Player "Devlyn Anderson" ((pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:43:42 | Player "Devlyn Anderson" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:54:14 | Player "Devlyn Anderson" (pos=<REDACTED>) 

02:43:38 | Player "Pashka Mikhaev" (pos=<REDACTED>)  
02:48:39 | Player "Pashka Mikhaev" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
02:53:39 | Player "Pashka Mikhaev" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
02:58:39 | Player "Pashka Mikhaev" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:03:40 | Player "Pashka Mikhaev" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:08:40 | Player "Pashka Mikhaev" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:13:40 | Player "Pashka Mikhaev" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:18:40 | Player "Pashka Mikhaev" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:23:40 | Player "Pashka Mikhaev" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:28:40 | Player "Pashka Mikhaev" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:33:41 | Player "Pashka Mikhaev" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:38:41 | Player "Pashka Mikhaev" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:43:42 | Player "Pashka Mikhaev" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:54:14 | Player "Pashka Mikhaev" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:59:14 | Player "Pashka Mikhaev" (pos=<REDACTED>) 

02:43:38 | Player "Mishka Sobol" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
02:48:39 | Player "Mishka Sobol" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
02:53:39 | Player "Mishka Sobol" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
02:58:39 | Player "Mishka Sobol" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:03:40 | Player "Mishka Sobol" (pos=<REDACTED>)  
03:08:40 | Player "Mishka Sobol" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:13:40 | Player "Mishka Sobol" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:18:40 | Player "Mishka Sobol" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:23:40 | Player "Mishka Sobol" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:28:40 | Player "Mishka Sobol" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:33:41 | Player "Mishka Sobol" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:38:41 | Player "Mishka Sobol" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:43:42 | Player "Mishka Sobol" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:54:14 | Player "Mishka Sobol" (pos=<REDACTED>) 
03:59:14 | Player "Mishka Sobol" (pos=<REDACTED>) 

Building Logs:

02:59:55 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" (pos=<REDACTED>) destroyed Fence with Hatchet
03:27:21 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" (pos=<REDACTED>) destroyed Fence with Hatchet
03:37:41 | Player "Leshiy Sokolov" (pos=<REDACTED>) destroyed Fence with Splitting Axe

02:55:20 | Player "Evgeniy Orlov" (pos=<REDACTED>) destroyed combination lock with Hacksaw
03:03:13 | Player "Evgeniy Orlov" (pos=<REDACTED>) destroyed combination lock with Hacksaw

Calling in for POV's:

@Pudge | Leshiy Sokolov | POSTED

@RWxHawg | Evgeniy Orlov | POSTED

@Deadeye1212 | Devlyn Anderson | POSTED

@ParadymShift | Pashka Mikhaev | POSTED

@RWxPancake | Mishka Sobol | POSTED

For their FULL and DETAILED POV and any VIDEO EVIDENCE they have.

@Pudge will be temp banned until they provide their FULL and DETAILED POV and any VIDEO EVIDENCE they have.

There were 3 cars, 5 barrels, and a couple crates lying around where they could clearly attempt to put things inside of anywhere else. My POV is the video.

Added additional logs to the report.

@RWxHawg @Deadeye1212 @ParadymShift @RWxPancake you have all been temp banned until you provide your full and detailed POV's, alongside any video evidence that you have.

Posted (edited)

I have video evidence of part of our planning stages of the operation, and my own death but that doesn't really serve the purpose of defending the accusation of griefing. 

@Hawkins610's and @Deadeye1212's characters had run across your guys' camp the day prior and spent several hours reconnoitering the structure and the surrounding area. They brought the information to me and @Pudge that a camp dangerously near our old setup was running a very similar amount of tents and vehicles in the same configuration. As this was one of two leads to our characters as to who might have busted our door down several nights ago and taken our shit, we decided to act on it. 

We rallied up our boys, threw some materials in the trunk of two vehicles we would use to break in, cleared the rest of our shit out and set off after a briefing. Stashing our two transports in a treeline to conceal them, we split into fireteams and went about our assigned tasks. My job was primarily concerned with breaking the gatelock and sweeping the interior for hostiles before calling in the rest of the guys to start the raid in earnest. 

Needless to say this was all accomplished as none of you were online to interact with, so we pressed on. All three of the vehicles in your camp were loaded with equipment from your own tents, which were then carried out. We dispersed some equipment into our own two transports and while I was busy trying to break into the main building of the encampment to which we still had no access (the hunting lodge) via the back door, one of your members logged in, initiated, and we got into a gunfight. I got killed as a result of that gunfight and some friendly fire, leaving my five companions to carry on with the operation. 

---------------------------

My dispute on the claim that this was an attempt to outright destroy your camp or grief you by destroying your loot comes from a few key points I want to clear up.

14 hours ago, ImNovaaa said:

There were 3 cars, 5 barrels, and a couple crates lying around where they could clearly attempt to put things inside of anywhere else. My POV is the video.

We utilized the three cars to the best of their carrying capacity, no such barrels were accessed due to their being stored (presumably) in the main building of the camp that we didn't have time to enter. The crates outside were stuffed with food and ammunition that we were sorting through in addition to a large number of cosmetic items and various pieces of survival equipment that were either dispersed for later sorting onto the ground (as we assumed we were going to have more time than we ended up having as a consequence of the login) or simply chucked into the back of the cars. Midway through the sorting of one of the last crates, your member logged in, engaged us, and I died. At that point my guys knew they were on a very limited time frame as your other group members would be surely responding to that alarm and the gunfire. They made off with what we had sorted through and looted at that point.

----------------------------------------------------

15 hours ago, CocaineLane said:

I logged in today to see a group raiding my base, and proceeded to initiate on them. Kills were taken, the situation was escalated normally and I managed to radio in my guys before being killed. Upon their return to the base, all our cars and tents were gone (Save several crates) and a majority of our loot was left on the ground to despawn. This includes firearms, clothing, etc. My group member @Its_Novaa and several others took screenshots and video of the incident:

There was several crates outside and barrels upstairs that they failed to put items into. This wasn't just trash, it included camo nets, firearms, etc. This was intentional and was an attempt to completely destroy our encampment. 

Even the highly coveted Dexamphetamine tablets were thrown on the ground to despawn

Ultimately the reason that so many miscellaneous items were left behind, unsorted, was due to the fact that we had taken hostile contact and lost one of our raiding party in the middle of the thievery. 

Griefing is act of damaging or destroying a player base, storage container, vehicles or their contents using OOC knowledge, ill intent or doing so without IC reasoning that is proportionate to the damage done. - 4.8

To the best of my knowledge, we didn't utilize any out of character knowledge in our execution of the raid and the scouting and planning that led up to it as well as the in-character reasoning behind it is documented in my post. We didn't leave any of this kit behind on the ground with any ill intent out of character either, it was simply a matter of "we've taken contact, time to get out while we can". Whether or not the damages you've suffered are proportionate to the IC reasoning we had, which I'll list below from my point of view, are what can be reasonably considered in my opinion.

• At the time of the scouting mission and raid we'd encountered numerous camps in the Northern half of the map, yours was determined to be the most likely to have benefited from our previous loss. To my character at least, this was an act driven by the desire to get even.
  • Mid-way through the raid, we took hostile contact and lost a member of our party, resulting in the immediate retreat and the abandonment of what was laying out.

In addition to these driving reasons in-character, after the gentleman who logged in and engaged us was killed alongside me, the server crashed, resulting in both of our bodies being despawned as well as forcing our time-table for the retreat down very significantly due to the queue positioning that some of our party members were thrown into.

--------------------------

In conclusion, I'm sorry that you guys feel like we were there to grief you, there was a significant amount of roleplay taking place to scout out, develop a plan of attack on, and execute the raid on your base. To my knowledge none of my members were out there to be dickheads to you guys or to destroy your things, we took the least damaging routes possible through the encampment in terms of busting down walls and locks to try and minimize our impact. After almost four days of running up and down the roads in the North sections of the map, making contacts, exchanging information, and questioning passersby the best lead our characters had on who might have raided our own encampment was determined to be you. 

Obviously everyone will have their own POV to provide, this is just how I saw the scenario, and the reasoning my character had for being there to do what he did.

-------------------------

Screenshots indicating we had no access to the barrels or additional crates in question to store the stuff on the ground:

90446928_BreakingIn.jpg.1aa1148363c551a2bd4d947760cde8ff.jpg

^ The door is still secure.

Cotnact.jpg.4cb0f329b610aca434d026b7f255cf37.jpg

^ We take contact, I move to engage.

Dead.jpg.747f31dd19ddc382dd074f5a7c981ae1.jpg

^ I'm dead.

Note the timestamps on the recording.

Edited by RWxHawg

One thing i'll say first, the barbed wire blocking off the front door is gone, so is the wall. So you had FULL access to the barrels. 

There was crates outside you could have tried to move items into like the one shown in the screenshot you guys took items out of that crate and left them on the floor and the crate empty

There was 5 cars there in total your two plus our 3 and doing some math of using the smallest capacity of cars which is 300 slots that is 1500 slots of capacity not including the storage of your guys inventory, plus tents can be held in hands while in cars leaving the cars completely open for storage. We had 4 tents one civ and 3 military which comes out to 1400 slots of storage meaning you guys should have been able to take all the items plus there is at least one box outside of the house which has 30 slots

4 hours ago, RWxHawg said:

I have video evidence of part of our planning stages of the operation, and my own death but that doesn't really serve the purpose of defending the accusation of griefing. 

@Hawkins610's and @Deadeye1212's characters had run across your guys' camp the day prior and spent several hours reconnoitering the structure and the surrounding area. They brought the information to me and @Pudge that a camp dangerously near our old setup was running a very similar amount of tents and vehicles in the same configuration. As this was one of two leads to our characters as to who might have busted our door down several nights ago and taken our shit, we decided to act on it. 

We rallied up our boys, threw some materials in the trunk of two vehicles we would use to break in, cleared the rest of our shit out and set off after a briefing. Stashing our two transports in a treeline to conceal them, we split into fireteams and went about our assigned tasks. My job was primarily concerned with breaking the gatelock and sweeping the interior for hostiles before calling in the rest of the guys to start the raid in earnest. 

Needless to say this was all accomplished as none of you were online to interact with, so we pressed on. All three of the vehicles in your camp were loaded with equipment from your own tents, which were then carried out. We dispersed some equipment into our own two transports and while I was busy trying to break into the main building of the encampment to which we still had no access (the hunting lodge) via the back door, one of your members logged in, initiated, and we got into a gunfight. I got killed as a result of that gunfight and some friendly fire, leaving my five companions to carry on with the operation. 

---------------------------

My dispute on the claim that this was an attempt to outright destroy your camp or grief you by destroying your loot comes from a few key points I want to clear up.

We utilized the three cars to the best of their carrying capacity, no such barrels were accessed due to their being stored (presumably) in the main building of the camp that we didn't have time to enter. The crates outside were stuffed with food and ammunition that we were sorting through in addition to a large number of cosmetic items and various pieces of survival equipment that were either dispersed for later sorting onto the ground (as we assumed we were going to have more time than we ended up having as a consequence of the login) or simply chucked into the back of the cars. Midway through the sorting of one of the last crates, your member logged in, engaged us, and I died. At that point my guys knew they were on a very limited time frame as your other group members would be surely responding to that alarm and the gunfire. They made off with what we had sorted through and looted at that point.

----------------------------------------------------

Ultimately the reason that so many miscellaneous items were left behind, unsorted, was due to the fact that we had taken hostile contact and lost one of our raiding party in the middle of the thievery. 

To the best of my knowledge, we didn't utilize any out of character knowledge in our execution of the raid and the scouting and planning that led up to it as well as the in-character reasoning behind it is documented in my post. We didn't leave any of this kit behind on the ground with any ill intent out of character either, it was simply a matter of "we've taken contact, time to get out while we can". Whether or not the damages you've suffered are proportionate to the IC reasoning we had, which I'll list below from my point of view, are what can be reasonably considered in my opinion.

• At the time of the scouting mission and raid we'd encountered numerous camps in the Northern half of the map, yours was determined to be the most likely to have benefited from our previous loss. To my character at least, this was an act driven by the desire to get even.
  • Mid-way through the raid, we took hostile contact and lost a member of our party, resulting in the immediate retreat and the abandonment of what was laying out.

In addition to these driving reasons in-character, after the gentleman who logged in and engaged us was killed alongside me, the server crashed, resulting in both of our bodies being despawned as well as forcing our time-table for the retreat down very significantly due to the queue positioning that some of our party members were thrown into.

--------------------------

In conclusion, I'm sorry that you guys feel like we were there to grief you, there was a significant amount of roleplay taking place to scout out, develop a plan of attack on, and execute the raid on your base. To my knowledge none of my members were out there to be dickheads to you guys or to destroy your things, we took the least damaging routes possible through the encampment in terms of busting down walls and locks to try and minimize our impact. After almost four days of running up and down the roads in the North sections of the map, making contacts, exchanging information, and questioning passersby the best lead our characters had on who might have raided our own encampment was determined to be you. 

Obviously everyone will have their own POV to provide, this is just how I saw the scenario, and the reasoning my character had for being there to do what he did.

-------------------------

Screenshots indicating we had no access to the barrels or additional crates in question to store the stuff on the ground:

90446928_BreakingIn.jpg.1aa1148363c551a2bd4d947760cde8ff.jpg

^ The door is still secure.

Cotnact.jpg.4cb0f329b610aca434d026b7f255cf37.jpg

^ We take contact, I move to engage.

Dead.jpg.747f31dd19ddc382dd074f5a7c981ae1.jpg

^ I'm dead.

Note the timestamps on the recording.

The gist of your response to the claims was:
1. We had roleplayed to find out (falsely) that you raided our encampment
and 
2. My engagement and attempt to defend resulted in you all leaving our gear to just "get out of there". 

My main issue with this is that you play it off like you made every attempt to RP and make this a good raid on all ends. In that, you are being disingenuous. You made no response to my initiation, no verbal attempt was made save threats that "I will die". Your response was to engage immediately in PVP. You also say you scouted the area several times, you "spent many hours traversing northern roads, making contacts, etc" and still chose to raid our base while everyone in it was offline. You also had ample time following your dispatch of me, to place remaining items that would be valuable (I.E. The mosins, dexamphetamine, makarovs, 5.56, ballistic vests, and other items which were left to despawn) into containers. If you attempt to claim that the server restart (which I never experienced after respawning without exiting) deleted all the items, then again you are being disingenuous because the items were still there upon my colleague's return to the base. 

In fact, my main issue is you making it seem like it's somehow *MY* fault for engaging you, therefore causing your griefing because you wanted a quicker escape. It was a conscious move to put our items onto the ground, stated here: "... and various pieces of survival equipment that were either dispersed for later sorting onto the ground (as we assumed we were going to have more time than we ended up having as a consequence of the login)". You claim that my login justified your griefing, which is not the case. 

My POV: I did drop one item if I recall onto the ground during the rush of things. I mostly hung out on the outside border of the camp after briefly entering, so I didn't see 95% of what happened inside. I'll accept whatever punishment that would bring me. Apologies.

Hey Gang,

Thanks for the time here.

Pashka met up with the gang in and was led to our camp and was briefed on our target, objective and objects we were hunting for, specifically a golden desert eagle from the previously lost base. We mounted up and traveled to the scouted area, with some markers on our dayzmap designating fall back, MSR's and other operational points within the "battlespace"

Pashka and Mishka( @RWxPancake were the far overwatch team, observing the watchtower from the "dam" side of the base, looking for anyone active in the area and keeping tabs on zombies while the front guys worked their way into the base. I spent most of this time looking through a scope and verbally shitposting at Mishka for his terrible sense of style, his general appearance and malodorous personality.

After a length of time, I asked if I could come down and upgrade some of my kit acquisitions from the tents the team had gotten into and I gathered up some new gear from the crates, the tents and the cars and began to police up the ammo and things we desired most, moving things into cars and trying to play inventory space tetris. I think around this time @Hawkins610 called that we had been in base for around 30 minutes and we should hustle a little harder while not sacrificing our overwatch.

More verbal shitposting as I asked what we really needed to bring with us, questions about tracer ammo functionality and if I could take all of it I found for myself and if we had found an AKM.

I had noticed an abundance of things on the ground and was doing my best to police up the "valuable" things and was in one of the cars inventory when we took initial contact from CocaineLane. During this exchange Hawg went down, Pudge held down the one side and was screaming at him to surrender, I went up onto the watch tower and the roof looking for an angle while also shouting at him to surrender, during this time I smoked a few walkers with the Saiga (2/3) before getting no response and then desyncing off the roof right in front of Lane.

What followed was keystone cops esque as I dumped the last few rounds in the saiga panicked when he didn't die while he was doing his level best to remove my ability to walk  with his gun as Pudge pushed up and we killed him.

I was bleeding and pretty effed up, the server crashed/restarted on us while I had a bakcpack full of Hawgs stuff in hand and was trying to shove it up into the cars, reconnected having lost the bag in hands and the other goodies I was trying to police, including stuff from Lanes vest that I had wanted to incorporate into my kit.

During this time things got pretty heated as we tried to get everything moving, it wouldn't let me into the cars and I ended up on gate duty and ran to where we had stashed our other vehicles to extract, not wanting to get into a firefight with what was left of Lane's team while I and my gear were shot to hell and back.

At this point we moved stuff back to our camp, policed up and moved some things around at camp for about a half hour or so then I logged off having taken the bats and plugs from our cars.

3 hours ago, ImNovaaa said:

One thing i'll say first, the barbed wire blocking off the front door is gone, so is the wall. So you had FULL access to the barrels. 

The post from the fence that was used to block the main door prevented access, which is why I was chopping down the back wall. If we had 'FULL' access to the barrels then wouldn't we have taken items from them? Or at least rotated items into them from your other containers as we were attempting to do? An admin can check the logs and see if any of our characters accessed these supposed barrels if they want, but I never saw any, and I never interacted with any, so I must refute. 

2 hours ago, Huntie said:

There was crates outside you could have tried to move items into like the one shown in the screenshot you guys took items out of that crate and left them on the floor and the crate empty

There was 5 cars there in total your two plus our 3 and doing some math of using the smallest capacity of cars which is 300 slots that is 1500 slots of capacity not including the storage of your guys inventory, plus tents can be held in hands while in cars leaving the cars completely open for storage. We had 4 tents one civ and 3 military which comes out to 1400 slots of storage meaning you guys should have been able to take all the items plus there is at least one box outside of the house which has 30 slots

One crate was left outside as is visible in your screenshot. We didn't have time to pull both cars in and completely fill them or this would have been less of an issue, as we decided to cut it short when we were engaged. Nobody was holding tents in their hands full of goods as I'm pretty sure that is both a) not possible and b) risky but the cars we did have access to, your guys', were packed up.

24 minutes ago, CocaineLane said:

The gist of your response to the claims was:
1. We had roleplayed to find out (falsely) that you raided our encampment
and 
2. My engagement and attempt to defend resulted in you all leaving our gear to just "get out of there". 

My main issue with this is that you play it off like you made every attempt to RP and make this a good raid on all ends. In that, you are being disingenuous. You made no response to my initiation, no verbal attempt was made save threats that "I will die". Your response was to engage immediately in PVP. You also say you scouted the area several times, you "spent many hours traversing northern roads, making contacts, etc" and still chose to raid our base while everyone in it was offline. You also had ample time following your dispatch of me, to place remaining items that would be valuable (I.E. The mosins, dexamphetamine, makarovs, 5.56, ballistic vests, and other items which were left to despawn) into containers. If you attempt to claim that the server restart (which I never experienced after respawning without exiting) deleted all the items, then again you are being disingenuous because the items were still there upon my colleague's return to the base. 

You can oversimplify and be reductive in your response if you want, there's nuance you elected to ignore in your post. We started the raid around 10pm CST which is prime time hours for us, not like we waited until the server pop was 15 and busted in your shit in an attempt to be underhanded. We got into this during an 80/80. You also speak in hindsight claiming we had plenty of time to do this, but your own evidence is indicative otherwise. Players from your group made it back to the camp to find items still on the ground and not in fact despawned as would predicate griefing (in theory). If the items were still there, where's the supposed griefing? Because we raided you? 

16 minutes ago, CocaineLane said:

In fact, my main issue is you making it seem like it's somehow *MY* fault for engaging you, therefore causing your griefing because you wanted a quicker escape. It was a conscious move to put our items onto the ground, stated here: "... and various pieces of survival equipment that were either dispersed for later sorting onto the ground (as we assumed we were going to have more time than we ended up having as a consequence of the login)". You claim that my login justified your griefing, which is not the case. 

Your logging in and initiating on us with your gun drawn demanding to see our hands at the threat of violence was one hundred percent a determining factor in our decision to leave. We didn't grief you as was clearly outlined in my post, so it's not a matter of me justifying anything but rather providing my POV as was requested by the admin team. 

I'm not sure what kind of precedent exists on the server for something to be considered 'griefing' but not cordially going around and replacing all of the things that got taken out of containers to sort through them easier when we began to get shot at being dubbed 'griefing' seems a stretch. This is especially emphasized by the wording of the rule as it is written, we didn't do this to be mean to you guys and to give you what for, we just did it to optimize our searching of the contents of each container and their retrieval when we took contact and backed off.

I'll refrain from taking part in more of this post until other POVs are summized and an admin has made a ruling or called on me for more evidence because at this point I'm not seeing a sound argument to be had. 

That pretty much sums it all up.

Myself and Pashka were on overwatch out on the dam side. We approached the base and stayed on watch before making a move into the base for roughly 10 minutes. Our boys then moved in to start taking down the gate. After some time of discusising the loot, which itself  was outside in crates and tents, a player logged in and interacted with Hawg, Pudge, and Pashka. I couldn't hear the exchange myself as I was a good distance away, but I most certainly heard and looked for the firefight. There was a brief moment of panic once the fight ended and we scrambled to gather our fallen comrades equipment and loot. At this point I had left my position and came in the camp.  We gathered just about everything we could into the vehicles we left with. Pretty much as I entered the camp and began to gather what I could the server went down. It was extremely frustrating, but nothing exactly could be done about it. At that point we came back in the server and hauled our loot out. We split up into a few cars, one of which (mine) crashed into a tree a few towns over. DayZ's driving is anything but stable. I then got back in the car with Pudge and we pulled back into our camp. I don't believe I'm missing anything other than Pashka and myself making fun of the way Zombies dressed. That conversation got personal and hurtful, Pashka.

tl;dr

I was out in the woods to the (West?) I don't exactly remember the cardinal direction it was. I was not there during the firefight exactly as I was on overwatch around the outside after Paska (@ParadymShift) had moved in. After the firefight which ended dear Hawg's life I moved in because we needed all hands on deck to get out quick. At which point the server crashed on us and a lot of gear went into the void. It was unfortunate, but hardly something done out of malice.

15 minutes ago, CocaineLane said:

Firstly, my issue with this quote is just that you've come into this with a bad mindset. With the no-wrong intention that we came after you and yours with the intention to grief you, destroy your fun, and take away from you hours of hard work. Please, stop, we had no intentions coming into this situation to cause hostilities on an Out-Of-Character level between us and the other party involved. Let me skip some of the steps that have been mentioned by @RWxHawg and @ParadymShift, you know the scouting/spotting, map work that we did etc. 

Lets get into the meat and potatoes of your grievances, the loot being on the ground. 

The loot was siphoned from the Military Tents in your encampment so that we would be able to take the tents in a singular vehicle and EVAC it. We didn't know WHO exactly owned the camp on an OOC level and therefore we didn't have the capacity to metagame/cheat our way into forcibly raiding you when you were offline. Truthfully, yes, this did leave most of the tent's 400 capacity full of items on the ground initially. (Nearly all the tents were full, so fitting all that + Tents + Vehicles content into the trio of cars we were stealing was impossible) We had @ParadymShift come into the base after we had done the initial clear and were preparing to extract the vehicles.

His job was to sort out the loot for what we wanted and what we didn't want to keep. Initially, I, Chris/Pudge, wanted to just leave what we didn't want on the floor and GTFO. Being ignorant of the rule that this would be griefing, @RWxHawg educated me that we had to take what we could and leave the other stuff in "Containers" like boxes/barrels/backpacks/vests so that it could be recovered by the "Raided" if they were to appear, et-cetera. I know that we personally were not given this luxury when our base was raided last week, but now that I know better I may be able to pursue some action.

Needless to say, we were roughly 25~ish minutes into the raid when I started to hear a guy screaming over local comms. Don't quote me as I do not have the capacity for audio/video recording equipment but it went something along the lines of -

"Stop what you're doing right now! Put your hands up!" - Perp to @RWxHawg

Hawg stopped, I (Pudge) called out the contact, replied in VON "Don't be an idiot bro!"

The rest is a bit of a blur, but gunshots were exchanged (I believed started by your side), we lost @RWxHawg, one of your guys went down, and I knew that you had been up long enough to "Radio" your boys. So, what should we do in that situation?

1) Take what you got, don't be greedy and GET THE FUCK OUT! - Showing care for my life and my team's. I already had a guy go down. An extra AX-74 isn't worth it, is it?

2) Stick around, spend 10 minutes smashing down another wall to get into the house. Maybe find a crate/barrels/something for us to store gear in. Spend the next 20 minutes or so pulling the gear off the ground and trying to sort/store it. Hold a defensive position and hope for the best, maybe this massive fort is just a solo player's base? - Showing HARD respect for the rules and not trying to be a griefer, but the biggest neglect of life and caring from an In-Character perspective. 

You're coming at this all wrong if you think we are targeting/attacking you for personal reasons of trying to ruin your day. We are not, you are just the unfortunate target of a random base raid, just as many people at this community have been and so have we. At the end of the day we want to be players with integrity and fairness. We came to this server for the role play aspect, lack of KOS, and sense of community, not to try and "min-max" our way around rules and bully other players. I want to have an understanding with you guys that this wasn't OOC motivated and if there was any sense of griefing it was not intentional. A mix of taking contact + a server crash really threw a wrench in the plans, otherwise we were going to, to the best of our ability, leave your base intact with whatever of your valuable gear that we didn't want intact.

18 minutes ago, Pudge said:

otherwise we were going to, to the best of our ability, leave your base intact with whatever of your valuable gear that we didn't want intact.

Regardless of intentions, that's not what the end result was, was it? Every piece of loot was gone, despawned after you left but not before our pictures. We weren't left with even basic cosmetic items, food, etc. Anyone can claim good intentions. Anyone can claim they were *going* to do something. This does nothing to validate your actions.

6 minutes ago, CocaineLane said:

Every piece of loot was gone, despawned after you left but not before our pictures.

So you let it despawn on the ground instead of putting it away, roger that.

Well sure, anyone can come into anything with the ill-est of intentions and just fabricate a story that they had the best in mind. But first, we need to stop and really think about what fingers we're pointing and what's being said. Why would I openly call out in my post that I didn't fully know the anti-griefing rule? Why wouldn't we steal all the camo netting from around your walls? Why didn't we toss new locks on your gates to be even more a pain the ass? As it sits there were a lot of things that we could have done to grief you, if that had been our intention, that we didn't do. We came to your base with a clear goal/objective in mind and we wanted to execute it to the best of our ability.

In essence, we wanted to find the assholes that fucked our shit up and we wanted to give it right back to them. They took our tents, they took two of our cars, they took all of our stuff and just like that they were gone. But we were different in a way of starting our raid at 10:00 when the server was 80/80, meanwhile the raid on our base took place about 2-5AM (I understand this could be good timing for EU/UK players), and the server population at the time was sub 20 players. 

Pointing fingers at someone and assuredly calling them a griefer/cheater/etc... (Not claiming you're calling us cheaters), but at the same time it also fits into what you said.  "Anyone can claim good intentions. Anyone can claim they were *going* to do something. This does nothing to validate your actions." Anyone can claim anyone is a dick/asshole/griefer/rule player but that doesn't make it objectively true. I can repeat to you time and time again about how we want there to be fair play on both sides, consequences, a hunt, roleplay, anything stemmed from this, and tell you that we really are good people with good intentions but that will not suddenly make it true in your eyes.

We want everyone to have a good time. In the good, in the bad, and in the in between. 

1 minute ago, RWxHawg said:

So you let it despawn on the ground instead of putting it away, roger that.

Good attempt at flame. We collected a few pieces, but most of the loot was lost to an unexpected server restart. Which, I point out, you claim was part of your reasoning for leaving the loot in the first place.

We left because you shot at us and killed one of our guys. The server restart is what caused a lot of the loot on the ground to disappear.

@CocaineLane how many enemies were you aware of as they initiated and you chose to not comply?

1 hour ago, Saunders said:

@CocaineLane how many enemies were you aware of as they initiated and you chose to not comply?

I saw two people, one on my right and one alone by the door to the cabin (seen in pics above). After I initiated, and the other person approached with his gun pointed at me I fired upon him and kept holding my corner, radioing in to my boys as they suppressed me. I had thought it might be a small group of one or two people, and my men said they were close enough if I could stall them and hold out. I realized too late that there were about 4.

I also initiated, not them. There was only two people visible, and one was isolated. Otherwise, I might have approached it differently.