Server time (UTC): 2019-11-17, 01:30
Sign in to follow this  
Drew7822

Max amount of Reports open Suggestion

Hello!

In my opinion there should be a max number of reports or a number of reports someone could have open on one's self or against one's self in a short period of time. With each time a big amount of reports are given or received from individuals they should receive something like 1 warning point, and when they rack up the could receive a small ban, ect. This would encourage more engaging RP instead of rule-play and would allow people to be more cautious about situations.

This should only affect those who have opened reports and received reports in a short amount of time (Like a week or less)

Let me know what you think!

If a rule gets broken people should be able to report no matter what.

I don't think this is necessary. The current system works fine. If there's a rule breach the player will be punished appropriately.

2 minutes ago, Eagle said:

I'm not suggesting getting rid of reports or stopping others from forming reports. Instead encouraging others not break rules and not to enourage Ruleplay like we have seen on the report forums lately.

Opening false or egregious reports is a punishable offense in and of itself, which should serve to curb malicious behavior.

Like my other mods above me, I think this is a needless system.  If you break a rule, you shouldn't receive any slack because you had already broken more rules in recent history, and in the same vein, if you are the victim of many rulebreaks in the span of a week, you shouldn't be punished for reporting them.  That just seems silly to me.

Posted (edited)

I’ve barely been in any reports and the one time I did I fucked up though my reasoning was sound it was still a break I got my ban which was incredibly boring and I have now adapted and learned from that experience give people more than an additional 3 seconds even if your instructions are clear ..

My group we don’t report KOS it’s part of our group this has hindered our RP at times and enhanced it as you never know how people will react as soon as you identify yourself otherwise there would have been points when there would have been KOS floods.

Now going back to the subject reports are a massive waste of staff time I feel but they also keep the server in balance and when a wrong is committed it’s dealt with to the admin team dealing with that particular. Right now this admin team are shit hot on reports and they are dealt with quickly and reasonably (this may differ from your perspective but hey that’s you).

I haven’t seen a problem with too many reports they get dealt with quickly we’ve had several days go past with no reports which was nice for admins so they could actually RP or do other stuff they want.

End of rant..... I vote a -1 for this 

Edited by Elijah Johnson

I see where you are going with this. At least I think I do. I think the current system is fine and is working. I think we need more staff though. I think the only way to make reports better is to have more staff which can offer more time to each report and even time to individuals who wish to talk it out, thus solving the issue before punishments are issued. I say give us more staff! 

That seems unfair, and unnecessary. If the reports come out with a negative verdict, they're already being punished. And if they don't, there's no need.

I believe @Eagle says it best.

4 hours ago, Eagle said:

This isn't needed. If a rule is broken then a rule is broken.

The report section is there for those that have seen a rule break or believe they have been involved in a rulebreak. Its no more a section for punishment than it is a section of rule clarification. If you see multiple things over the course of your playtime that you believe is a rulebreak or is 100% a rulebreak feel free to put them all up afterall its why us gamemasters are here.

If people believe a rule is broken they should contact the offending party and try to talk it out, and if that doesn't work a report should be opened.

However premature punishment is a horrible idea.

Imagine being on final, and as long as enough people open reports on you (Regardless if they are false) it automatically gives you that one extra point to push you to 30. That sounds like it is abuseable.

Keep it as is, no need to go about changing it, into something that i would believe is worse. 

Current system works just fine as far as I can see. No need to change or modify it at the moment.