Server time (UTC): 2019-11-13, 21:35
Sign in to follow this  
PaulB

Stamina system - distance modification

Do i like idea of such stamina improvement?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

So within drinking morning coffee and chilling an idea have poped up in my mind. There have been many request on increasing the stamina.

My idea keeping it with a bit of immersion and reality is follow:

Idea: After running of certain distance with your character the base stamina goes bit up.

Specification: Let´s say the stamina system is working with points and the base max stamina is 100. After 10km of joging or traveled distance your max base stamina goes 1 point up to 101. With 20km to 102 points of max base stamina etc. with cap of 10 points to max 110 points of base stamina (this part is to be discussed).

What i think could be achieved with this suggestion being implemented:  Hear out at least partialy the request for stamina increasi keeping bit of immersion and realstic, maybe we will see more people roam Chernarus? 

Possible issues: 

1) Server performance: As a live script checking is hitting server performance the suggestion is to make the distance check only at character log in and not live. Maybe within restart. 

Thank you in advance for your opinions. 

This is not something i consider a prio stuff here just dont wanted to forget it so i posted it.

Edited by PaulB

I think the idea is interesting but I have a bad feeling that your stamina progress will be for nothing after losing it from every server crash. 

I'll say no but for now. I don't feel its needed but I'm sure it would be good to have. Great suggestion though. 

26 minutes ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

I think the idea is interesting but I have a bad feeling that your stamina progress will be for nothing after losing it from every server crash. 

I'll say no but for now. I don't feel its needed but I'm sure it would be good to have. Great suggestion though. 

Server crash....well yes it happens i personally do not know if the distance is saved only upon loging off or is it saved on run.  On the other hand it is not meant to achieve full bonus during one or two days of avarage playing time. 

It is something dayz dev were talking about implementing a year or two ago.....like with helicopters and all sorts so we’ll see it in approximately .....2022 with luck

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Elijah Johnson said:

It is something dayz dev were talking about implementing a year or two ago.....like with helicopters and all sorts so we’ll see it in approximately .....2022 with luck

Dev is changing and doing great job. Its about priority and spare time within few people. Not an easy task if we consider all the scripting and  3D modeling being made atm. I have made some scripting in other game  which engine was fine, scripting friendly and with many possibilities to edit stuff. Heads up. I mentioned its not a prio.

Edited by PaulB

34 minutes ago, PaulB said:

Dev is changing and doing great job. Its about priority and spare time within few people. Not an easy task if we consider all the scripting and  3D modeling being made atm. I have made some scripting in other game  which engine was fine, scripting friendly and with many possibilities to edit stuff. Heads up. I mentioned its not a prio.

With that said, I would agree that it should be implemented. I believe my opinion will change on this but for now I would agree with you but not at this time. 

Double stamina or riot.

No need for something complex just extra air in our lungs.

I'd like to have more stamina by default, not a soft-skill.

24 minutes ago, APositiveElmo said:

I'd like to have more stamina by default, not a soft-skill.

As said.

Don't really think there should be a whole new script dictating a certain skill level of stamina, just bump it up a notch and we're golden.

I think it's a waste of time, some people die so much it wont even help them.

If you need more stamina it should be modified.. or maybe drop some of that gear you're carrying.