Server time (UTC): 2019-10-23, 13:58
Sign in to follow this  
ManipulateMe

Lack of cars are killing the server

Cars are nice but not essential, we went an entire patch where cars were ALMOST unusable because they would launch you into space, and they STILL do sometimes.

Lets be honest though u can run from cherno to the triangle in pretty good time it's just that people like walls and don't like to move outside unless they out to loot. Cars wouldn't change that theyd just be hoarded

1 minute ago, ChrisW said:

Lets be honest though u can run from cherno to the triangle in pretty good time it's just that people like walls and don't like to move outside unless they out to loot. Cars wouldn't change that theyd just be hoarded

Gotta agree with @ChrisW on this one, people who own cars at the moment don't even use them, they just hoard them. And if you're lucky you see one being use for a small looting trip.

Would love to be able to cut my run from cherno in half as it get boring real fast to run back and forth.

11 minutes ago, Drezen said:

Gotta agree with @ChrisW on this one, people who own cars at the moment don't even use them,

This is incorrect. The Tampa Police Department are always patrolling in our cruisers. Otherwise it would be impossible to respond to 911 calls from Jacksonville or Orlando in a decent time frame. 

Posted (edited)

Think there are other things killing the server honestly, cars aren't one of them.

How would the lack of them kill the server when cars are too busy killing you?

Edited by Ciiber

Cars have been relatively easy for me to find and maintain, at least in the Northern sections of the map. After my camp got busted down I took the road and have been living the Mongol life ever since, highly recommended. 

Only downside is the very frequent moments of desync where you will suddenly go +/- 30 km/hr and potentially change directions depending on the road type you're on. This scourge that I refer to as 'the turbo' has cost me many good Gunters.

With the advent of cars spawning with all of their components intact and only in need of fuel and coolant since the last patch, I've been seeing a lot more roaming around as well.

I don't think they're hoarded as often as you might make thinkingly. 

Double stamina plssss

If we turn up car spawns then theyll have the same fate as every assault rifle/carbine and marginally "Good" weapon in the game. Theyll be hoarded in bases owned by large groups and youll never see them again.

I think doubling stamina is a better idea personally. 

"It's my loot and I want it now"

In all honesty lack of cars isn't doing anything to the population, most people don't mind running where ever it is they need to go. Is it nice to have access to a car every once in a while? Of course, but it's not a necessity for the server.

26 minutes ago, Aisling said:

Double stamina plssss

This so much 

Cars don’t work once the cap goes past 60. Blame Roland. :trolle:

You miss out on so much when you use a car. I'd say keep them how they are. Plus I live on an island so I don't need a car. I need a BOAT

I would absolutely love cars, not for the sake for transportation of myself, but as a Nomad/Trade, it would make it much easier to pickup camp or supplies and move to another location much more easily.

Thankfully Dexies are the new ways of traveling easier. You can find bottles of that stuff everywhere.

Posted (edited)

I rather have choppers.

Or a AC130:trolle:

Edited by Jackfish

That's a tad dramatic don't you think? This is a hiking simulator after all. 

21 minutes ago, Jackfish said:

I rather have choppers.

Or a AC130:trolle:

If the devs can work with the once we have that would be amazing.