Server time (UTC): 2019-11-21, 22:28
Sign in to follow this  
Crim

Locked to FPP when holding any weapon?

Lock to FPP when you have any weapon out?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

Pretty simple suggestion.  When you have any gun out you are locked to first person.  This adds realism, immersion, new strategies.  You could have a fellow group member spotting for you in 3rd person whilst be unarmed creating unique tense RP.  

Edited by Crim

yes and no, no because i like to make thirdperson screenshots with a weapon in the hand, yes because of realism.

I love this idea, it would eliminate third person viewing in solos and create some intense PvP around walls and such. I also know it's 100% doable since I've seen it on other servers. +1

Posted (edited)

This would be epic can firefights would be May more interesting no more wall banging people holding a corridor or angle would have risk... rushing a target would be more daring this has my vote definitely + 1 

First person pvp is way better I see a lot of people saying no as they’d not be as good I pvp

Edited by Elijah Johnson

Posted (edited)

This would negate any advantage that those who aren't so good at PvP have, making it more difficult for them to defend their safe havens.

I don't know how much experience you have with this mod but it is SO easier to abuse.

Edited by General Rickets

The thing here is that we are a RP server and making changes that affect PvP and solely for PvP reasoning's is something we have never and probably will never do. I personally do not indulge in any type of PvP and we have had first person servers in the past and they weren't very popular. I'm fine with how things are now as I enjoy taking screenshots and being able to third person whenever I feel like it, I wouldn't want to be forced into playing a certain way.

4 minutes ago, Saunders said:

The thing here is that we are a RP server and making changes that affect PvP and solely for PvP reasoning's is something we have never and probably will never do. I personally do not indulge in any type of PvP and we have had first person servers in the past and they weren't very popular. I'm fine with how things are now as I enjoy taking screenshots and being able to third person whenever I feel like it, I wouldn't want to be forced into playing a certain way.

This in particular would eliminate people looking over walls during PvP and allow them to have a straight "what they would see as a real human" view. It isn't just PvP reasons, it's moreso, I in particular would enjoy all first person. but I know some enjoy walking around in third, which isn't a bad thing, but in any sort of conflict you'd only see what your character sees, no?

10 minutes ago, General Rickets said:

This would negate any advantage that those who aren't so good at PvP have, making it more difficult for them to defend their safe havens.

I'm bad at PvP most the time and I'm for it honestly. only due to it being more realistic in RP reasons as well, you wouldn't see the guy behind you if you had your gun out and he had his to your back, you'd only feel it as he told you.

Physically unplayable for some people, and after all this community isn't just for one person. Personally I cant play FPP for more than a few moments as it makes me ill and as previous times have shown I'm not the only one. If it were to be implemented I know I'd be off.

As this is an RP server I'm going to say no, as I agree with this:

10 minutes ago, Saunders said:

I like looking at my characters ass while running ig.

No thank you this is legit pointless.

Think this was debated in the past?

I personally hate going into first person, movement and such just doesn't sit well with me in first person.

Going to be a -1 from me.

Like having the option to do first or third without being forced into one view.

Nah forcing people into a play style is not good

Player base would dip

Yeah...no. I would hate my life real quick. 

Yes but actually NO. This is an RP server not PVP server or even RP-PVP server. It's RP server. If anything we should make changes that benefit RP and not PVP solely. That and I also love making screenshots with my weapon out. Like I said, NO.

big fat NO from someone who likes the option to switch between them due to motion sickness 😄

Gonna be a no from me chief 

I'd prefer first person in PvP because third person is cancer, leaving the option there for people who don't run with their guns out is the best of both worlds.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Musty Cheeto said:

I love this idea, it would eliminate third person viewing in solos and create some intense PvP around walls and such. I also know it's 100% doable since I've seen it on other servers. +1

Except i can 3rd person if i simply put my gun in my bag, then whip it out again in like 0.5s bc of the draw time so it doesn't really eliminate this problem, only makes it more inconvenient to do so.

Idea has ways of working around it so TPP is still possible during most parts of a fight. Doesn't seem too good of a solution to me and seems like a lot of hassle. Either go full FPP only or not at all.

Edited by APositivePara

I dislike 1st person for a variety of reasons with the most important being motion sickness.  So, my vote is no. 

I believe this has been previously suggested and denied by the community several times. It's still a no, I think. Though, I don't really have a strong opinion on the matter since I haven't been too involved in the pvp recently.

Although this would be pretty realistic, I love playing in third person, as I despise having a close field of view, especially in games like this.