Server time (UTC): 2019-11-17, 08:50
Sign in to follow this  
TheDeepOne

S2:GearRP/BadRp/Glitching(MetaGaming)/Abuse of Game Mechanics

Posted (edited)

Server and location: S2: Lopatino Castle

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): Aug 13th 2019 / 10:00- 10:34pm pst

Your in game name: Dante Goodwin

Names of allies involved: Havoc Young

Name of suspect/s: OREL Group

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): NA

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): Attached Files for proof of Griefing. Despawning items attempt

Detailed description of the events: Myself and one other Nato member were at our Lopatino base recovering from the recent attack. The OREL group approached led by their Major (cant remember his name sorry spoke to fast) and asked to meet our Captain. They claimed there were reports from everyone in Chernarus that we were selling weed, I assured him this was not true and he declared he needed in our camp for inspection immediatly. I told him to return in which he then threatened me very obviously with his weapon drawn to allow him inside or it would be bad. Since Value of Life is important I complied with the assurance that only the weed if found would be removed. As I opened both our gates which were padlocked btw I noticed that the rest of his members had already glitched their way into our walls using the jump glitch and float glitch (Bad RP right there abusing game mechanics). I then led them down to the main area fully complying with their demands and upon reaching the top of our tower they decided to force us to put our hands up or die (over fucking weed). They then proceeded to for some reason steal every gun we had as well as tents and pulled items from the tents in order to despawn them, below are the proof pictures. They locked Havoc inside a shed with no food nor water and no weapons. When asked why the POLICE were robbing us they began getting violent and claiming they never robbed us despite wearing our clothing (Vests/Hats/Weapons/Shoes) because they liked them "This is a nice USMC Vest I like this" actual quote from one of their members. Upon being let go I was able to look and see that they had taken just about all they could but not the Weed which I found odd because that was the reason they were their in RP. This is blatent baiting/gear RP they claim one thing then due to their only being two people on decided to use their members to without RP reason steal all they could get their hands on and not actually follow their RP, which was to get rid of the weed and follow up on the report. Furthermore one final thing, They made me remove all the locks with the exception of one at our front gate, as I went to leave I noticed it had been reattached and the combination changed (griefing). I know the roleplay on this server is better than this and it saddens me that a group claiming to be policemen out protecting folks would be no better than the bandits they claim to hunt. This situation has many issues and I wish it would have gone differently I did try my best to roleplay it out. Thank you

Closing Report: Situation handled and Not worth the report. Please remove report thank you.

20190814222225_1.jpg

20190814222323_1.jpg

20190814222351_1.jpg

20190814222354_1.jpg

20190814222529_1 - Copy.jpg

20190814222529_1.jpg

20190814223106_1.jpg

Edited by TheDeepOne
Concluded

POV

I was the Major that spoke to you at the gate, I only had my gun out and you said you would put yours away as a token of good faith to which i told responded that you can keep it out I do not mind. In the past, we had run ins with people who tell us about the groups surrounding the area, NATO came up and so did the fact that they sold cannabis. Actually, numerous times we had people IC tell us that you were selling cannabis so we came to the base last night and no one was there so we came back again today. Upon arrival I spoke to you and we had a pleasant conversation but when you returned I brought up the cannabis and you said there was none inside, and you offered to let us in and show us to which I said that sounds good and you went into the back and figured out the combination lock for the gate. We then move into the compound and the boys begin searching through your tents which you gave us permission to do, then we found a tent filled with cannabis so we waited until you continued opening up the combination locks till I told you to put your hands up as you were getting detained for the possession of cannabis for further questioning. You seemed to really enjoy the RP, taking off your mask as another token of friendship, regardless I began speaking with @Bobroglaz ICLY over discord about the entire situation and while I was gone someone took your vest and helmet, when I returned to your location you immediately seemed upset that the items were taken from you but I simply said I didn't see anything because I wasn't there so nothing happened. 

To address your AOGM, picture #1 & #2 are of the tent we took. The gear beside the car was dropped to make space as we were going to commandeer the vehicle but it did not have a battery, we have no reason to de-spawn your gear man if we wanted to grief we could of shot the items and left, we couldve shot the car wheels and left. I didnt take anything but we took a tent and a couple guns thats it.

Then for the metagaming I have no idea why this is here seems like your reaching 

Or the BadRP as we were there for over 25 minutes, isolating and talking with both of the hostages as we got more information, we set up a meeting to continue the situation tomorrow and discuss the cannabis, I told you, the other hostage and @Bobroglazthat the tent filled with cannabis is to not be touched as we will come back tomorrow and finish our investigation.

We didnt trap anyone in a shed lol, we told him to go inside and wait till we left.

This still doesn't explain your reason for taking these items outside of GearRP nor how 4 of your men glitched inside locked Gates and over walls using game mechanics to enter the base behind where we were standing. Furthermore when I mentioned one of your men had stolen from me he had the gear I was wearing which was unique as I was the only one there with an USMC plate carrier and he put his helmet and vest on me. If your saying you didn't noticed I'm sorry but I must call BS. Yes one of your men did trap Havoc in the shed and locked him in there with no weapon nor food. You may not have done it but one of your group did regardless. The thing that urks me is that your invited in without hostility and treated kindly then very unrealistically start grabbing as much ammo, weapons and gear as you can while you hold two people hostage at gun point and proceed to do things unrelated to the prior RP reason for appearing. Which means you chose to break your original RP and loot and steal (GearRP) for no reason beside wanting the items. When you arrived you said only the contriband weed would be removed. Then your men went and picked through every single tent and every item but didn't take the one thing you had a roleplay reason to take. 

6 hours ago, TheDeepOne said:

This still doesn't explain your reason for taking these items outside of GearRP 

Hi.

There is no such thing as "Gear RP". Wanting someone's stuff in a base is completely justified. I say it on a lot of reports but stealing from a base that is stocked to the brim with gear is not GearRP (Nor Griefing).

Once you create a base, you create a risk that somebody finds it, raids it and takes it over. Rules do not protect you from having your base raided unless it is being griefed (Malicious intent to ruin someone's day that has no RP purpose)

Using the term "Gear RP" is subject to the Roleplay involved. If you are being robbed and all your gear is taken and the attackers provide 0 roleplay in the situation and leave, for example, 10 seconds after robbing you, it is BadRP that is purely focused on Gear.

POV:

So we arrived to Lop castle, since we had heard in game that NATO have been growing/distributing cannabis and also because we were sketched about about the nato forces in our homeland. We walked up and Apollo started talking to the OP at the gate. After a maybe 10 mins he agreed to open the gate for Apollo and we began conducting a search. I begin to search around the compound, and quickly I find a tent with A lot of cannabis in it. Based on what we have heard ingame about the cannabis issue this didn't exactly help their case. He told me that he was not really sure who had brought the cannabis and HE would be more than happy to get rid of it as soon as possible (So you are right, we did not take the cannabis with us, since you told us, that you were gonna do that) We then told you we would return soon to make sure that it had indeed been removed from your base. 

I continue the search and later find a barrel with with very little cannabis in it. Soon after this the initiation is dropped. There were two hostages inside the compound and we begin to talk to them separately to see if their story about the cannabis matches. After around 30 min of roleplay and questioning we leave. 

Now, I am also confused as to what this has to do with meta gaming, since we did not meta game at any point doing the situation or leading up to it. Same goes for the bad rp. 

Sorry you had a bad experience. 

9 hours ago, TheDeepOne said:

Yes one of your men did trap Havoc in the shed and locked him in there with no weapon nor food. You may not have done it but one of your group did regardless. 

Hello. No, no one from my group locked the shed he was in, so Im curious as to why you're pushing something not true. I will tell you what happened, I was going to move Havoc up to the tower up with you, then i decided to stick him in the shed next to it with his hands raised. Then all of us left right after he went in, no one stayed to lock him in a shed. He was inside your base, surrounded by your fortified walls with tents filled with gear and food all around.

10 hours ago, TheDeepOne said:

They claimed there were reports from everyone in Chernarus that we were selling weed, I assured him this was not true and he declared he needed in our camp for inspection immediatly. I told him to return in which he then threatened me very obviously with his weapon drawn to allow him inside or it would be bad. Since Value of Life is important I complied with the assurance that only the weed if found would be removed.

When I approached the gate with my gun out you had yours out aswell, I asked who was in the compound and you stated it was the UN then I asked you are you sure it was UN not NATO and you said it was NATO, then I asked you why I was speaking to you through 3 walls and you came down to see me then you put your gun away. I never said "or it would be bad." If i did something then you can add it to the report but stop making things up that never happened. In no way was I aggressive or rude, I made sure to be okay at first and not overtly hostile until I gathered the information for the arrest, upon you coming back I brought up the cannabis situation to which you lied and told me you guys had no cannabis and that I could come in and check if we wanted.

10 hours ago, TheDeepOne said:

As I opened both our gates which were padlocked btw I noticed that the rest of his members had already glitched their way into our walls using the jump glitch and float glitch (Bad RP right there abusing game mechanics). I then led them down to the main area fully complying with their demands and upon reaching the top of our tower they decided to force us to put our hands up or die (over fucking weed). 

Hope you know the base isn't fully safe, with a base on Lopatino Castle it's pretty big so there were many weak points in which they managed to boost into the base and wait. The OREL is not a regular Police force but a spetsnaz group where we "shoot first, ask questions later." We heard from 3 different sources that NATO was dealing Cannabis from a historical landmark. When we were approaching we were already skeptical of our meeting with the NATO, we asked Nato to come 2 years ago, the government doesnt know who they are, we have no confirmation that you were NATO which is why I left the Cannabis there after contacting your leader waiting for him to come because he was not able to come due to NLR possibly or just not being able to come to the situation last night which is why we agreed to have a meeting the following night and leave the cannabis there, to see if he had the proper paperwork to prove that you were infact NATO. 

Also the protective cases next to the barrel, there was no space for them to fit in the barrel at the time. I remember looking inside of the barrel as we were about to leave to place them into it to avoid something like this but I decided against spending more time trying to fix that as we were about to leave with the two of you inside, I just thought one of the two of you would throw it into one of your many tents you had. 

If a staff member could explain Griefing as I might be mistaken but griefing would be us dropping all of your items on the floor and waiting until A) they despawn or B) we ruined all the gear from your tents for no reasoning. We didnt do either.

POV:

I made my way to the nato castle with my group [OREL] as we were looking into reports of weed being distributed to civilians. @Apollo went up too the gate and began to speak to the man on the gate.  I then made my way down to the bottom of the broken wall and helped the others get on the broken wall [boosting them up] incase things went west. i then made my way back to the gate, @Apollo had gained entry and was speakng to some of the nato higher ups making his way through the base and ordering us to search it. I enter and begin to search the cars and tents for Drugs as ordered, when we go down to the lower end of the compound and i enter a large car tent, it contained over half a car tent of cannabis. I radio it in to the Major and after the search was concluded and we had our proof he decided to disarm them and confront them due to this discovery, myself and @Nik then disarmed and spoke to the guy we had, i even put  his pistols in the tent to not grief and also remove the mags for our safety, we were inside and interogating them for around 20 -40 mins [i wasnt counting]. Once the Major had spoken to there leader and negotiations had ended we were told to move out, 2 men were left in the tower and 1 man was told too count to 60 in a shed, we then left and made our way back too base.

The staff team have reviewed your request to close this report and we are more than happy to close it.

/CLOSED

Signed by @Saunders + @Realize