Sign in to follow this  
CaosAndEffects

S1 KOS by landmine 8/15/19 04:11

Your in game name: Brandon Orions

Names of allies involved: @Zillysaur

Name of suspect/s: N/A

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):

Detailed description of the events: I was running through the airfield tents and were about to leave the tents and someone had placed a landmine and I stepped on it.

Chaos and I were looting through NWAF and were planning to head to Novaya to look for some duct tape or a leather sewing kit to fix up some of our stuff. We had just finished checking out the tents area when Chaos stepped on a landmine that had been placed in one of the exit paths out towards Bash (the up-hill region of NWAF). Ive included a screenshot below of where the landmine was.

Spoiler

20190815002036_1.jpg.d785ad1a44abe9d875efe223857a3851.jpg

Connection Logs:

Spoiler

02:59:59 | Player "Josh Downey" is connected
- Currently connected -

Kill Logs:

Spoiler

04:08:46 | Player "Brandon Orions" (DEAD) killed by Player "Josh Downey" with Land Mine

Calling in the following people to post their Point of Views & any video evidence they may have:
@CaosAndEffects | Brandon Orions | OP
@JoshDowney | Josh Downey | POSTED

I have no footage, but I was placing the land mine to see if I could lure a zombie, not knowing that I couldn't pick it up. I had no ill intent and didn't mean to cause any issues. I'm not sure how I could help further from this but I am very sorry.

Verdict:

@JoshDowney - Invalid Kill (On Sight) | Guilty 

Reason:

After reviewing this report we have arrived at the conclusion as shown above. @JoshDowney you placed a landmine (in a high traffic area) in order to see if it would be useful against infected AI on our server and were unable to pick the mine back up after deployment. This eventually lead to @CaosAndEffects being killed by your actions which go against our rules:

Spoiler

4.10 Deployable weapons such as land mines, bear traps and similar items work in two different ways:

When deployed by the base owners inside a walled off and closed base, these weapons will be treated as defensive measures and thus any kills done by them will be considered valid even without any kill rights

When deployed anywhere or by anyone else they will be treated the same as any other weapon, so for example:

• If someone gets injured or killed by your mine or trap which you placed in the middle of a town or a forest, it will be treated the same way as if you shot/killed them on sight with a gun
  • If an enemy you have valid kill rights on steps on your mine, the kill will be considered valid

If you accidently place a mine we advise that you contact the staff team immediately using the helpdesk in our discord. Due to you not receiving any rights that would justify this kill you have received a Invalid Kill (on sight) punishment. 

Outcome:

@JoshDowney - Invalid Kill (On Sight) - 7 Days | 10 points

Signed: @Voodoo @Phoenix