Server time (UTC): 2019-11-15, 14:03
Deer Isle Purge
ONGOING | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Ends in 6 hours, 56 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
Conor

Item shop inventory count

Pollski  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted this in the discord suggestions a while ago but it has since been buried.

Suggestion: In the item shop, add the number of inventory slots each clothing item has so people can see before they buy/activate.

Reason: Since different clothing items give different numbers of inventory slots, it would be nice to see what gives what before you buy/activate an item so you know that you can store the kit you have in the item you are replacing. Would also be nice to know how many slots each item has without having to google it.

Reference picture: c0146a52f0.png

+1 but i just check the wiki

A massive +1. In a perfect world I'd love to see a sheet of changed values on the items (as the shop does state the items have been altered to compensate for the fact you can spawn them in), but just having the slot sizes displayed would already be enough, as that's something people will care the most about.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, andysuter said:

+1 but i just check the wiki

Wiki values arent correct, Items out of the item shop have different values then items in game.

Different armor stats and different slot counts so that they cant become pay 2 win items

So +1 to this suggestion

Edited by RedSky

Great idea helps people get an understanding of what they are buying and maybe it can mean some slot changes for certain new items 

I would love this.

+1

52 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Wiki values arent correct, Items out of the item shop have different values then items in game.

Different armor stats and different slot counts so that they cant become pay 2 win items

So +1 to this suggestion

I do not think every item has adjusted values as the wiki lists the sweater and the T-shirt as having 12 slots, the same amount they have whether you find them IG or spawn them via shop.

The purpose of buying clothes on the item store should be to create an outfit, not to see which items have the most space for hoarding loot.

+1

Please add this! I would love to have this. It would make the shop so much attractive to new players that the Devs took the time to add this detail. 

8 minutes ago, Ducky said:

The purpose of buying clothes on the item store should be to create an outfit, not to see which items have the most space for hoarding loot.

It is not about seeing which items have the most space. But if you have a shirt with certain items in that you may require for roleplay (vodka, cigarettes, joints etc.) and you want to change your outfit, using the item shop, you might spawn in a new shirt only to find you now do not have enough inventory space for the items that you require for the playing of your role. You then have to wait X amount of hours before you can try again with a new item. People who want to hoard loot do not care how many slots are in a T-shirt or a sweater because they will just go straight for the default high-slot items like M65, TTSKO and gorka etc.

Every item in the shop should have the same space as everything else in that slot which should be the same amount of space as the default spawning items.

Just now, Dan said:

Every item in the shop should have the same space as everything else in that slot which should be the same amount of space as the default spawning items.

What? I am not sure I understand...

I get the last part about everything having the same amount of space as items that spawn IG but in the first part do you mean a T-shirt should have the same amount of space as a jacket?

Just now, Conor said:

I get the last part about everything having the same amount of space as items that spawn IG but in the first part do you mean a T-shirt should have the same amount of space as a jacket?

Yes. Nobody should be able to pay for a larger inventory

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

Yes. Nobody should be able to pay for a larger inventory

But how does it make sense for a T-shirt to have the same amount of carrying capacity as a Gorka jacket (which has multiple massive pockets)?

7 minutes ago, Conor said:

But how does it make sense for a T-shirt to have the same amount of carrying capacity as a Gorka jacket (which has multiple massive pockets)?

Because bohemia's policy for paying says you cant buy an advantage.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Dan said:

Because bohemia's policy for paying says you cant buy an advantage.

Hence the reason their hidden statistics have been nerfed compared to items found on the in game loot table.  

Edit: I digress, back on the actual topic of the thread perhaps ladies and gents?

Edited by Baron

With 27 votes for yes and 7 for no, I believe a general consensus has been reached.

Calling in @Roland for his point of view. Please post a full and detailed point of view along with any video evidence you may have.

I voted no since Item Shop is about cosmetic look of the items and not their slots, armor, etc. Additionally, the slots of items in item shop can change at any time and that just adds another thing to keep track of and updated, which will most likely not be done after first batch.