Server time (UTC): 2019-12-06, 19:35 WE ARE RECRUITING
PRISON ESCAPE
TOMORROW | 2019-12-07 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 24 minutes | Event Server
Sign in to follow this  
Squejemofo

S2 Greifing

Posted (edited)

Server and location: Server 2/Lopatino Castle

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):  8/12/2019, Not sur exact time but between 1:00 AM and 3:00 AM EST

Your in game name: Carter Anderson

Names of allies involved: @Goa and rest of NATO

Name of suspect/s: Unknown

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): @Samti & @Faewerr the ones to teleport NATO stuck in base out.

Detailed description of the events: I was not on during the time of the raid however I woke up and saw the discord filling up with us being raided. I got on many hours after the raid and was told the raiding group changed majority of our combination locks in our base with no intent to take it over as there is 12 of us there and none of them. Our people were locked inside the tower due to this, our many gates were then unuseable and trapped everyone in.

Extra: 

Edited by Squejemofo

Hi

Raiding a base is not griefing. People are allowed to raid your base and steal from you as a base is not a safe place that is protected by the rules. When you make a base, it is a risk you take that someone finds it, breaks in and steals your stuff.

Were any items thrown on the floor to despawn or many walls broken down without seemingly any purpose and not just to get in?

Furthermore, do you happen to have any screenshots of how the base looked after the raid?

Posted (edited)

@PhoenixMy pov

I confirm the information above is correct.
I have been locked there the whole day.
So have others.
Someone from the admin team had to come teleport us out and remove the many locks that were put (that's the griefing part, no one cares about items, but since you asked, yes there were items on the floor but we don't care).

image.png.ebef4558a7aa725e0f3896abe087862d.png

Edited by Goa

The issue here is that the people who raided our base threw their own code locks on the doors with no intention of taking over the base, purely to inconvenience us as players. Most of our group were purposefully locked in a tower with no food, something the raiders knew because they cleared out our tents.

Building Logs:

Spoiler
08:16:59 | Player "Kathryn Miller" (pos=<1347.1, 9319.8, 291.4>) destroyed Fence with Splitting Axe
08:36:00 | Player "Kathryn Miller" (pos=<1347.2, 9319.8, 291.4>) destroyed combination lock with Hacksaw
08:44:09 | Player "Kathryn Miller" (pos=<1347.4, 9322.1, 291.4>) destroyed combination lock with Hacksaw
08:58:54 | Player "Vlad Visus" (pos=<1385.5, 9255.8, 314.4>) destroyed combination lock with Hacksaw

Position Logs:

Spoiler
07:48:00 | Player "Vlad Visus" (pos=<1418.5, 9262.1, 308.6>)
07:48:00 | Player "Mikhail Yanovich" (pos=<1428.3, 9287.6, 301.1>)
07:48:00 | Player "Kenny Kowalski" (pos=<1402.2, 9255.3, 308.4>)
07:48:00 | Player "Kathryn Miller" (pos=<1355.6, 9323.2, 291.0>)

15:08:03 | Player "Rusty Anderson" (pos=<1419.8, 9307.7, 302.5>)
15:13:02 | Player "Rusty Anderson" (pos=<1387.2, 9315.6, 304.9>)
15:18:01 | Player "Rusty Anderson" (pos=<1388.8, 9303.8, 302.9>)
15:23:00 | Player "Rusty Anderson" (pos=<1411.9, 9278, 307.3>)
15:27:59 | Player "Rusty Anderson" (pos=<1347.2, 9319.7, 291.3>)
15:32:58 | Player "Rusty Anderson" (pos=<1449.5, 9265.5, 298.8>)
15:37:57 | Player "Rusty Anderson" (pos=<1487.6, 8568.9, 318.9>)
15:42:56 | Player "Rusty Anderson" (pos=<1201.4, 8764.0, 278.8>)
15:47:54 | Player "Rusty Anderson" (pos=<1412.8, 9275.5, 307.5>)
15:52:53 | Player "Rusty Anderson" (pos=<1410.6, 9298.9, 302.1>)
15:57:52 | Player "Rusty Anderson" (pos=<1392.8, 9314.4, 304.9>)
16:32:45 | Player "Artemiy Vedenin" (pos=<1382.8, 9258.5, 326.0>)
16:37:44 | Player "Artemiy Vedenin" (pos=<1379.6, 9258.7, 326.0>)
16:37:44 | Player "Rusty Anderson" (pos=<1375.4, 9302.8, 291.8>)
19:12:14 | Player "Havoc Young" (pos=<1343.5, 9323.9, 293.6>)
19:12:14 | Player "Mike Goa" (pos=<1352.1, 9325.5, 311.1>)
19:17:13 | Player "Jim Sweep" (pos=<1428.9, 9287.2, 301.0>)

Calling in to post PoV's:

@Squejemofo | Carter Anderson | POSTED
@Goa
| Mike Goa | POSTED
@Kordruga | Vlad Visus | POSTED
@Mugin | Mikhail Yanovich | POSTED
@bur | Kenny Kowalski | POSTED
@SquirtleKitty | Kathryn Miller | POSTED

Please post a FULL and DETAILED POV and any VIDEO EVIDENCE you have

@Phoenix It may have been read wrong or how I said it may have been wrong. The issue is not the raid itself, it's that whoever did it decided to put new combo locks on all the gates they cut and completely locked us inside the base after taking our hacksaws until a staff member could assist.

I do not personally have screenshots, however someone else might but the two staff members I tagged are the ones who assisted, saw the issues, and changed it.

Acknowledging, will post pov in a few hours, im just a tad busy at the moment.

Kathryn Miller's POV

Hello! We were running to Lop Castle cause we heard there was a base there with some good loot. Once we arrive, we found ways to jump over their walls and enter into the base. For the first castle, I attempted to break the lower frame set up but am unable to target it from the outside, so I accidentally break the planks of the inner gate. Since I failed at gaining entrance, I decided to hacksaw the combo lock off because of my dumb self failing at finding a way to crawl in. Once that was hack-sawed off, I started on the second hacksaw. Halfway through this, we heard footsteps around the castle that wasn't ours, and I immediately stop while @Mugin engages in conversation with the man. He gives us the combination code for the entrance of the castle. @bur and I hide while they chatted, then once the person was out of range of hearing the hacksaw, I continued with @Kordruga being over watch. Once in, we helped ourselves to the yummy loot and then I left inside of the compound, waiting for my allies to leave too. I didn't change any of the locks on the gates, nor did I put any new combo locks on there. The man was tricked into giving a combination code that didn't work for the back areas.

POV: We are told about a base at Lopatino Castle. We go there and begin to raid it. As we're doing so a guy appears and believes @Mugin is a part of the compound. This man then gives Mugin the front gate codes (911) and runs off. We then finish cutting the locks on the other gates and grab the stuff. Once we grab everything we want, I find a codelock and use it to secure the tower we had just broken into (902). I did this as @bur had alerted some friends of ours to come and take a look after we had left.

Our reason for changing the codes was not to grief as you claim. There was stuff in your camp that we didn't want/need and therefore invited some buddies to come grab what they wanted/needed. @bur will provide evidence of this.

55 minutes ago, SquirtleKitty said:

Kathryn Miller's POV

Hello! We were running to Lop Castle cause we heard there was a base there with some good loot. Once we arrive, we found ways to jump over their walls and enter into the base. For the first castle, I attempted to break the lower frame set up but am unable to target it from the outside, so I accidentally break the planks of the inner gate. Since I failed at gaining entrance, I decided to hacksaw the combo lock off because of my dumb self failing at finding a way to crawl in. Once that was hack-sawed off, I started on the second hacksaw. Halfway through this, we heard footsteps around the castle that wasn't ours, and I immediately stop while @Mugin engages in conversation with the man. He gives us the combination code for the entrance of the castle. @bur and I hide while they chatted, then once the person was out of range of hearing the hacksaw, I continued with @Kordruga being over watch. Once in, we helped ourselves to the yummy loot and then I left inside of the compound, waiting for my allies to leave too. I didn't change any of the locks on the gates, nor did I put any new combo locks on there. The man was tricked into giving a combination code that didn't work for the back areas.

Is that you just admitting to GearRP?

POV: Get told about a base at Lop Castle so we make our way over there. As we arrive i pull out my bleach and shout "housekeeping" to test the waters and see if anyone is home. Alas nobody was home so we scan the perimetre for a way in. I found a hole under a really badly built fence which I crawl under with ease. Once we are in we search the inside and realise most of the stuff will be behind the locks in the towers so @SquirtleKitty proceeds to hacksaw a couple of locks off as we could not find the spot to hack down the bottom from of a certain fence. About halfway into one of the lock we hear footsteps which weren't ours and me and @SquirtleKitty freeze up and stop what we are doing while @Mugin talks to said strange man. The man turned to be part of the camp so @Mugin played it cool and made it seem like we were part of the camp too and that we had forgotten "the lock". @Mugin was hotmiccing this whole time from about 30 m away from me and @SquirtleKitty so we could hear him, he then proceeds to tell us the lock is 911, i couldn't believe he fell for it. The strange man leaves calmly and that was that, we proceed to keep cutting the locks off and BINGO we are in. We check the rewards of our brave endeavour and find that this certain tower we are in is STACKED to the brim with barrels, tents, Ak's and good ol' Dex. it is at this moment i radio one of our allies @CocoMii and  let her know that there is a newly raided base at LOP castle which is decked full of stuff as we clearly couldn't take it all. I mean we didn't even take the cars and Im somewhat of a mechanic myself. We then leave with big grins on our faces, as we leave i again radio our allies @CocoMii and i tell her the lock codes so if they wanted to take a walk up they would be able to get in. We took the upmost care not to drop anything on the floor and/or take anything that we couldnt carry.

coco1.png

coco2.png

@Mugin will be temp banned until he provides his full and detailed POV and any video evidence he may have.

Posted (edited)

Mikhail Yanovich's POV is as follows:

We received word a while back that there was a camp in Lop Castle. Being raiders, and wanting to redistribute some of the wealth of the rich to the poor, we decided to liberate some dank gear for the people.

Arriving to the castle we find numerous means to enter the camp.

Upon entering we take positions, and set Katie to find the best means of entry to their stashes. Getting bored we realize this may be a longer raid than we anticipated so we dig our heels in and set Katie to work. After she breaks down the first "wall", as they were a mess of weird DayZ being stupid bugs, we were able to begin sawing. Once sawing someone approaches the base.

We have a lovely chat as he suspected nothing initially, or I would assume, as I just told the person "I seem to have forgotten the combination" to the front gates, the same gates he wants me to let him through. He obliges and I move to let him in, Kord takes a position at the top of the front gate to cover me. The man outside sees me, immediately recognizes I am not actually someone from the camp, and makes up an excuse to get out of there.

He leaves never to return. We break in eventually. Take what we need to give to some people who needed it more than us, and that was how we became the "Merry Men" of Chernarus.

I can also confirm that we only used combo locks and codes found in the camp. Sending those exact codes, that were already dialed into the lock mind you, to a group we'd done previous business with. At no point did we change the combinations.

Edited by Mugin
_____

@Mugin Your temp ban has now been removed, please keep an eye on this report as you may be required to answer following questions.

Can I ask for some clarification on this radio message? If it's related and relevant to the situation (and since it's you bringing it up, I am assuming it's for relevancy purposes) can we have a full print instead of a cut in half version of your radio broadcast? 

Also would like to point out that I believe it's important to understand what's going on in this chat. If it's IC, what is the meaning of "S2", if it's OOC, there is metagaming envolved.

Since action was taken from this radio communication from the recipient of this message that caused extra damage and ending up in people being reported and banned, I would like to understand the standard of roleplay behind what we then see happening in game. I believe this will shed some light about the intentions behind the roleplay, as intention constitutes an important role in a griefing accusation.tempFileForShare_20190814-144434.jpg.4d13ad186021780932f1723daab62c97.jpg

17 minutes ago, Goa said:

Also would like to point out that I believe it's important to understand what's going on in this chat. If it's IC, what is the meaning of "S2", if it's OOC, there is metagaming envolved.

Since action was taken from this radio communication from the recipient of this message that caused extra damage and ending up in people being reported and banned, I would like to understand the standard of roleplay behind what we then see happening in game. I believe this will shed some light about the intentions behind the roleplay, as intention constitutes an important role in a griefing accusation.

There is no need to clutch at straws with metagaming accusations. S2 means Server 2. This is obviously an out of character note for clarification to avoid the recipient of the message rocking up on server one to find that a base does not exist there because it is on the other server. Since the community has two game servers, clarification like this is necessary.

Actions taken by the recipient of this message caused no extra damage nor did it get anybody banned. You were banned because you combat logged. That is pretty simple.

To clarify the intentions behind this situation, even though they are clearly explained in both the POVs of people involved and in the screenshots of the discord messages: the intentions were to give information regarding the location of your base along with the codes for the locks so that the other group could have easy access in order to perform a raid of their own. It's pretty simple to understand. 

@Kordruga Everyone reading this chat, can clearly understand that S2 means Server 2. What we would like to have some clarification on is, since you are communicating OOC information that is being used IC, what's the remaining of this information? 

Saying "Actions taken by the recipient of this message caused no extra damage" is incorrect.

1 - This report here, is an assumption that you might have griefed our base by putting codelocks and locking many of us inside towers.
 image.png.efb548e48ae4e11ac15dd2d4da5d8a25.png

2 - At this stage, we are your hostages
(We didn't do anything to become your hostage, in fact, we never met you in game at all)

4.6 If you successfully capture a player through a hostile action and then take him into your custody, he is now considered your hostage. You must do everything in your power to keep your hostages alive and in a relatively good health. That includes protecting them from external threats like zombies and leaving them with a realistic chance of survival when they are released.

(calling for a gamemaster to teleport us out doesn't seem to me a realistic chance of survival)

3 -
You then sent ooc information with no effort for roleplay (we don't know to what extent or intent).
This is an example of IC discord communications that we believe have the proper standard for this community
image.png.9dab315e99a97ff48faf3620dbb2f3f3.png

4 - Someone acted on said information and raided us while we were locked inside, therefore, causing extra damage.

If this isn't clear to why we are questioning your intentions and roleplay standards, I don't know what will clarify it more.

1 minute ago, Goa said:

-snip-

That's a whole mess that requires no reasonably constructed response as you are still clutching at straws, trying to warrant some punishment towards us. However, I'm in a good mood so I'll put this in small and simple points for you and the GMs to review before I stop responding to this. 

1. The code locks with different codes were placed so our friends could gain access, not to grief.
2. You were not our hostages as we did not take you hostage. We can't really care about hostages if we don't have any. 
3. The reference of S2 is fine. There's no way to reference S2 IC. It's not really your place to tell people what IC communication is supposed to look like in private messaging format. There is no rule regarding it, do it whatever way you want. 
4. Doesn't apply to us.

12 minutes ago, Goa said:

If this isn't clear to why we are questioning your intentions and roleplay standards, I don't know what will clarify it more.

Base your opinion on our roleplay standards from actual roleplay with us in game, not from a screenshot in a report.

Posted (edited)

I'm not trying to warrant some "random" punishment towards anyone. 
I just asked what was the full chat, because usually people who have nothing to hide, hide nothing.

It's not up to me or you to define what the roleplay standards for the community are.
I pointed out what standards we (NATO) believe to be appropriated, just to clarify why we would find this strange.

I will leave this up for the admins, we don't need anyone banned, we just need clarification.  
For us, it's more important to understand what intentions and reasonings are behind this behaviours towards us, as I think it's legit to understand if we are welcomed.

Maybe this was the first time your group got to us, but we decided that we would no longer leave reports in the desk.
If this was all a misunderstanding and you didn't do anything wrong, I apologize for making you feel attacked. It's legit for us to look for a defense, don't you agree?

This isn't targetted at you or your group, we never even met.

Edited by Goa

19 hours ago, Squejemofo said:

Is that you just admitting to GearRP?

Hi.

There is no such thing as "Gear RP". Wanting someone's stuff in a base is completely justified. I say it on a lot of reports but stealing from a base that is stocked to the brim with gear is not GearRP (Nor Griefing).

Once you create a base, you create a risk that somebody finds it, raids it and takes it over. Rules do not protect you from having your base raided unless it is being griefed (Malicious intent to ruin someone's day that has no RP purpose)

Using the term "Gear RP" is subject to the Roleplay involved. If you are being robbed and all your gear is taken and the attackers provide 0 roleplay in the situation and leave, for example, 10 seconds after robbing you, it is BadRP that is purely focused on Gear.

I hope this answered your question.

Verdict

Accused Party - Griefing - Inconclusive

Explanation

The staff team examining this report have come to the conclusion that we are not in possession of enough sufficient evidence in order to judge whether this instance was indeed griefing, or whether @Kordruga & his friends simply changed the combination locks in order to help their allies gain access to the newly raided base. It is a matter of word vs. word.

@Kordruga, Before moving forward I would simply like to mention that if you change the code to a combination lock, it could potentially have a bad outcome to whoever may still be left inside. Next time you raid a base, please be very mindful of what damage could be done by someone being locked inside with potentially nothing on them that helps them escape. As you can see, gamemasters had to be involved in order to get the base owners out of the tower after the locks were changed. We do believe that you didn't mean any harm, we would simply like to remind you to be more careful next time.

In regards to the "metagaming" accusations against @bur, we do not believe a full punishment is justified. There is no way to tell how people provide IC information through text. Some may use emotes and prefixes, others may not. However we do want to mention to you, @bur, that you should always attempt to make sure the recipient of the message knows whether you are speaking IC or OOC with them. What throws us off is the use of "S2" in between the lines. Usually when speaking IC, in order to mention something OOC you would use "//" in front of the OOC Information. The screenshot above is very borderline, so please be more careful in the future and make sure any IC Information is indeed transmitted in an IC manner.

With the above said the following applies

Outcome

Accused Party - Griefing - No actions taken

Signed by @Phoenix & @Voodoo