Server time (UTC): 2019-11-22, 03:33
Sign in to follow this  
Realize

Interview With A Community Member: Hunter

add.png.af5775f07b7d3d2ca3503256c3a50659.png.02695a18586469421bb6b7f1c04cb873.png

Welcome! For this week of Interview with a Community Member we have @Hunter

This interview is to get to know the members of our community, and hopefully bring the community together. Comment who you want to see being interviewed next week!

Thanks to Hunter for participating!

Tell Us About Yourself?

Spoiler

Well, my name his Hunter Skill. I was a student at the university of Arkansas for 3 years for a computer engineering and computer science degree, but recently I dropped out of it to pursue a much more stable and secure future for myself in the United States Air Force. I'll be shipping out to Basic Training sometime soon this year, so sadly I will be gone for a little bit, but I plan on getting right back into the flow of things once I'm all finished with my training and am setup and stationed at a base. Although I live in Arkansas now, I grew up my earlier half of my life in Los Angeles, California up until 2009, which is why a lot of people wonder why I don't have a southern accent and such being from the South.

How did you find out about DayZRP, and what made you want to join?

Spoiler

Well, I found out about DayZRP from Psisyndicate and Mr. Moon YouTube videos. Yes, I am one of the people that joined in what is known as the PsiWave. Was it them that made me want to join though? No. What made me want to join was honestly the feeling of trying something new and unique I hadn't really done before, being roleplay. Around this time, I was just transferring from console gaming over to PC, so I never had the opportunity to do roleplay before, and so I went ahead and applied.

If you could thank one person for helping you get started here who would it be?

Spoiler

That is a bit of a tough one. I didn't REALLY get into the community and roleplay up until standalone. My playtime on the mod was nowhere near where my playtime is now. I know it says if I could thank one person, but honestly I'd have to thank an entire group. Specifically the first group that got me really into the community. The Symptom with @Brady@BostonRP (RIP Boston, he will always be the man behind the mask. Amnesty when?), @CocoMii, and the rest all the way back in 2017.

What could we do, as the staff team, to make this a better place? 

Spoiler

Well, there is always room for improvement. Honestly, the staff team right now work pretty hard as it is. Reports are not taking so long to get through, and there are nice dynamic staff made events occurring in game. Really, I would like to see some more variety in these events though to really hammer in the nail and improve the experience in game. Do a little more than just wolves or hordes. Send us on treasure hunts with radio message hints for things such as old NAPA or CDF supply caches, etc. We have a lore, so lets use it more for dynamic events!

What is your most memorable experience(IC/OOC) here? 

Spoiler

Probably the most memorable experiences I have here would be running around as Morgun back in 2017. I don't think I can ever forget being the friendly, 3rd person speaking Morgun, slowly being turned into an evil fucker by The Symptom. Everybody knew Morgun and either loved him or hated him.

I also can't forget the feral family I had with @CocoMii & @Honeybee. Especially the time I shot an arrow at @JoffreyRP for shooting a gun near me, only for him to scream at the top of his lungs and charge at me with a hoe in his hand and beat the shit out of me with it, while I hit him with my spear.

Do you regret doing anything in your time here?

Spoiler

Honestly, there are always a few things I will regret doing, but mostly the biggest one would have to be taking a break. When we all sat around day after day, month after month, waiting for the beta, as the community server numbers dwindled and barely broke the 40's on weekends. I kinda left around that time as I went into university, but in doing so, I lost contact with a lot of people I considered really good friends that I had made.

If you had to live in a jail cell with four people from this community who would it be?

Spoiler

Well first would have to be @CocoMii. Being an elf, it would give us all a lot more space in the cell! Plus she has been a good friend of mine now since I met her back then, so I know she has to be one of the people.

Next up would have to be @Phoenyxx. Wolf pack have to stick together, even in a jail cell. AWOOOOO! 🐺

Third? @Jsesse White White for sure. I mean, come on. We all have heard Lawrence. If I had to live in a jail cell, then at least the voice and attitude of Lawrence could make for good company.

@RiZStream would have to be the fourth. He is just a chill dude in general and although our characters beat the shit outta each other a lot, we all have a good laugh in the end.

Now what do we have here? Well, we have the DayZRP jail cell dream stream team, streaming all your DayZRP content live behind bars.

What's your current favourite song/artist?

Spoiler

I don't really have one favorite as my music taste jumps everywhere. From The Weeknd, to Sublime, to Carpenter brut, to XXXTentacion.

Recently though, the one I have been playing on repeat over and over while I'm driving would be Bilie Eilish.

What has been your favourite character you have played on the server and why?

Spoiler

Although I can never forget Morgun, I feel that my favorite now would be my current character Lukas "Luka" Stika. What was just supposed to be a simple throw away character that was gonna give me a small break from my golden rule of carrying only bolt actions and compliance, has not turned into a fully fleshed out and interesting character that has gone though so many character arcs and continues to do so.

What do you feel is missing from the community?

Spoiler

For sure would have to be a hub of communication for the community to come together. One of the things I feel the community lacks now is communication, which means a lack of understanding. When we had TeamSpeak, we had Chief's Cantina and we have a way to always look and see who was on in game and then when we were done, we all went to the cantina which led to so many fun nights playing Friday The 13th and just generally hanging out with people getting along. Now with Discord, I feel it has led to a somewhat separation in the community where everybody is in their own server, and has no feeling to go into the DayZRP discord and chill with others. I feel this has just led to a slowly but surely elitist feeling growing in the community where people think their RP is superior to others, now leading to the terms campfire RPer and PVPRPer being thrown out a lot. I feel that we all, as a whole, have forgotten the main bits of those terms we are all in the end, RPers.

Do you have any hidden talents?

Spoiler

Not really any special talents or anything. I am a volunteer firefighter. Although it isn't a talent, as soon as I hit 18, I went down to the station and signed up to become one. I felt that I mind as well do something better with my life than just sit around and play games all day, and I take great pride in that decision with what I do in regards to that.

What was the origin of your username?

Spoiler

It is just my name. Nothing special.

I'd have to shank at least 2 of my cellmates if that jail actually existed. Great interview with @Hunter! Keep it up.

Awesome stuff, great work on the firefighting, from personal experience, firefighters are life savers. Good man!👍

Its alright for a wolfpack member 

Nice interview 

Nice interview, also some good suggestions to staff for events!