Server time (UTC): 2019-11-15, 14:04
Deer Isle Purge
ONGOING | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Ends in 6 hours, 55 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
SquirtleKitty

S1: KoS in Three Valleys - 08/11/2019 9:15

Posted (edited)

Server and location: S1 Three Valleys

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 08/11/2019 9:15

Your in game name: Kathryn Miller

Names of allies involved: Vlad Visus -  @Kordruga Willow Paden - @Willow and @Mugin

Name of suspect/s: unknown

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

Detailed description of the events: 

We heard about a base that was in Three Valleys, and decided to head over there to do some investigations on the base itself. When we finally got there after I got lost for a bit, we noticed the base was pretty run down, the back walls weren't completely up, and only a portion was blocked off. Walking into the area where the tents were, I walk up to one of the fences that was blocking the entrance, and attempt to figure out how to open it. Before I could even attempt or get a word out, I was gun down like a poor soul by a bush wookie that appeared and promptly scared the living hell out of me. @Kordruga watched this man murder me and took action against him, killing him swiftly. There were no words or interactions that happened between us and this man, and it wasn't an active firefight.

Edited by SquirtleKitty

Connection Logs:

Spoiler
05:56:05 | Player "Kathryn Miller" is connected
-DEAD-

08:39:06 | Player "Eathan Macmillan" is connected
08:40:02 | Player "Eathan Macmillan" has been disconnected
08:40:29 | Player "Eathan Macmillan" is connected
08:46:07 | Player "Eathan Macmillan" has been disconnected
08:59:50 | Player "Eathan Macmillan" is connected
-DEAD-

06:24:05 | Player "Vlad Visus" is connected
-RESTART-
09:26:53 | Player "Vlad Visus" is connected
13:10:36 | Player "Vlad Visus" has been disconnected

Hit Logs:

Spoiler
09:05:45 | Player "Kathryn Miller"[HP: 45] hit by Player "Eathan Macmillan" into Torso(24) for 55 damage (Bullet_308Win) with M1A SOCOM from 6.60114 meters 
09:05:45 | Player "Kathryn Miller" (DEAD)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Eathan Macmillan" into Torso(24) for 110 damage (Bullet_308Win) with M1A SOCOM from 6.60114 meters 
09:05:49 | Player "Eathan Macmillan" (DEAD)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Vlad Visus" into Head(0) for 110 damage (Bullet_308Win) with M14 Springfield from 3.38677 meters 
09:05:49 | Player "Eathan Macmillan" (DEAD)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Vlad Visus" into Brain(37) for 110 damage (Bullet_308Win) with M14 Springfield from 3.38677 meters 

Kill Logs:

Spoiler
09:05:45 | Player "Kathryn Miller" (DEAD) killed by Player "Eathan Macmillan" with M1A SOCOM from 6.60114 meters 
09:05:49 | Player "Eathan Macmillan" (DEAD) killed by Player "Vlad Visus" with M14 Springfield from 3.38677 meters 

Calling in to post PoV's:

@SquirtleKitty | Kathryn Miller | POSTED
@Kordruga | Vlad Visus | POSTED
@rwjpac | Eathan Macmillan | POSTED

Please post a FULL and DETAILED POV and any VIDEO EVIDENCE you have

POV: Pretty much the same PoV as young Kit. Was heading to a base near Three Valleys that I'd been told about to check it out. Place seemed empty and open so we walked in. Kitty gets lit up and it scares the clean fuck out of me. I pull out my weapon and kill the accused. Neither of us heard any voices nor had seen any sign of activity. We walked in without weapons drawn and poor little Kitty was killed in cold blood. 

POV: Two hours before these events one of our team members was immediately gunned down by raiders when he tried to talk to the attackers before initiating. The raiders had changed all the combination locks on our tents and our house when I arrived to the scene, then I heard lots of footsteps surrounding the base and when they came inside our base I attempted to kill them. I assumed these were the same people, apparently I was wrong. I wonder how the place can seem empty to someones eyes if every gate was locked. The people were all inside the compound.

@rwjpac who was gunned down 2 hours prior to this incident?

@K1W1 Was killed over 2 hours prior, to you killing these people.

Spoiler

05:38:32 | Player "Anthony Wickman" (DEAD) killed by Player "Jericho Carmichael" with M1A SOCOM from 9.42115 meters 

Posted (edited)

Yes, as I said I had a reason to believe these were the same people that I shot at because of how they ran straight to our tent gates before anything else, wich someone had relocked with a code we didnt know. As stated, I was wrong in the situation since the people I shot inside our compound were not the same who visited us before.

Edited by rwjpac

1 hour ago, rwjpac said:

Yes, as I said I had a reason to believe these were the same people that I shot at because of how they ran straight to our tent gates before anything else, wich someone had relocked with a code we didnt know. As stated, I was wrong in the situation since the people I shot inside our compound were not the same who visited us before.

Your first log in was at 08:38 which is 3 hours after your ally was killed. Not only are the defender rights awarded to your group expired but you cannot share rights for a situation you were not online for when it happened.

44 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Your first log in was at 08:38 which is 3 hours after your ally was killed. Not only are the defender rights awarded to your group expired but you cannot share rights for a situation you were not online for when it happened.

I was fully aware that the defender rights from previous situation had expired and that my actions could not be linked to any previous situations, all I'm trying to do is shed light to why I acted the way I did. A group came and attacked our settlement, they gun down one of our guys who was trying to go talk to them , they change the locks to their own locks and presumably leave after that. Later when I'm at the settlement a group of three arrives at the compund and two of them runs straight at the combination locks, so its reasonable to assume these are the same guys or from same group atleast. In a 1v3 situation why would anyone ruin the element of surprise and try to hold them up, given the earlier events that happened.

Verdict:

@rwjpac - Invalid Kill (On Sight) | Guilty 
@SquirtleKitty - Metagaming | Guilty

Reason:

Staff have reviewed this report and arrived at the following conclusion. @rwjpac as shown in the evidence and logs provided you log into the area and immediately gun down @SquirtleKitty who was standing outside of a tent. You claim you decided to shoot because of a previous situation which happened hours prior to this where a group changed the locks on the gates of the camp. Even if these were the guys that changed the locks you would not have defender rights as you were not present for the situation against your allies and thus would still need to initiate hostilities. This is the second time in a few hours that you have killed someone instantly showing you do not fully understand the rules when it comes down to hostilities. I suggest you read over the rules in this down time again and get familiar with them as you are now only 5 points off of being permanently banned from the community.

@SquirtleKitty as can be seen in the video you announce over the radio that you have died. This would be classed as metagaming as you are giving out information that can help your allies know what has happened, however in this instance as @Kordruga saw that you were killed he had that knowledge instantly and was able to kill your attacker without any benefit from what you told him. In future we ask that you do not give out information that can benefit your allies like this again.

Outcome:

@rwjpac -Invalid Kill (On Sight) - 7 Days | 10 points
@SquirtleKitty - Metagaming - Verbal Warning

Signed: @Voodoo @Samti